Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AlterEgo, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi Diabloii.Net Member

Odd .. maybe the file got corrupted somehow when it was saving. If the stash is not too big, you can send it to me to have a look at. Provided you have it enabled, you should still be able to recover using the backup files.

--T

2. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER Diabloii.Net Member

:bonk: i forgot about the backup files. Well, maybe i have the items anyways. :)

Ill send the stash your way, provided that i still have it :teeth:

3. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR Diabloii.Net Member

well then having all the oodles of check boxes and all the buttons for increasing/decreasing exp etc that is quite misleading and a waste of space...having an editor like the old shadowmaster for 1.09 is not a cheat for those of us who play on the realms. yes it could very easily be used to hack out chars that play SP...

as far as looking for editors on google, i did that and shadowmaster has no downloads, even the old 1.09 version would be of use so i could test out skills before i spend the counteless hours wasting my time online when i could test it in 30 secconds offline dont you think?

4. vajurewi

vajurewi Diabloii.Net Member

Doc - thanks much for the new version
    I especially like the color borders, so now you know w/o thinking if an item is yellow or blue.

whats the possibliity of having a special Grail stash in the program so when you put the uniques in, you get a inventory counter - problem w FARA is you have to dump info and recompile the FARA report every time separately - why not integrate something into ATMA?

5. ckb

ckb Diabloii.Net Member

Waypoints wrong

T, a quick note about the waypoints. The Act II points are not in the correct order, and therefor do not display accurately. The 2nd waypoint is listed as "Dry Hills", and should be "Halls of the Dead lvl 2"... I think (I am at work and can not check right now). It would be a good idea to double check the order waypoints in ATMA vs. the game to be sure.
    (I can check this tonight if you don't have time)

ckb

6. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX Diabloii.Net Member

That is why we would not want to tell you about a 1.10 editor. You may be honest, but some of the SP crowd could follow you and download it. It could make things difficult here.

It does save time for a player to test his build, but I am sure if you posted your proposed character build; people would comment on it and give you an idea how it will do in Diablo. :)

If you are still desperate for a true editor, there are forums that foster (or give a blind eye to) character editing and could give you a link to a 1.10 editor. In fact, one of the forums is right up your way. Like you the players there believe there is no problem with using it, since they play on the realm.

If you do eventually join the nice SPF community here, please refrain from using such editors. Thanks! :)

7. Hakai_no_Tenshi

You will not understand until you know the history of ATMA and the dii.net SPF. All your points above are things we have heard countless times already.

I considered this at one point but no-one has heard from Felinea about merging FARA into ATMA. At this stage, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I can well imagine .. 1.10 changed a few waypoint locations and it's possible that I missed some in A2. I'll check it out later.

--T

8. WaNg

WaNg Diabloii.Net Member

Have'nt said "Thanks for the huge job you have done for the community Hakai", so would just like to do that....and of course i got some questions :p

1. How does the DupeDetector work? Does it only check things like Ilvl or does it also have a huge database of haxx0r fingerprints to search in?

2. It is'nt possible at all to make a "drag-a-lot-of-items-from-stash" feature, right?

Hope that these questions have'nt been asked too often...once again, you are da man, it's really appreciated :thumbsup: !

edit:spelling ;)

9. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Long time no see WaNg .. and yes, I've heard those questions more times than you can count ;)

1) The DupeDetector checks items against themselves to make sure you do not currently have dupes of the same item. It checks base type, ilvl, fingerprint and quality. Shivan is supposedly working on a massive dupe database which it can check against but the rest of the world has been waiting for that for some time. Anyway, I created a new file format for him to tinker with in creating this.

2) Nope, been asked to death and I have no idea how to do this. If you've got some code lying around that I could use, let me know.

--T

10. jamul

jamul Diabloii.Net Member

The program is absolutely awesome - I have now thrown aside all my realm characters and begun fresh in single player because it's so nice. Two things:

1. I keep hearing about FARA and even seeing the output it gives all over the place... but never seen a link to it! I'd love to begin keeping track of what all things I've found. Help?

2. For dragging lots of things to/from the stash, you could just implement a crude version, like it'd be great if there was a menu item like "Dump all runes from the stash to my character" (filling every available space it can), or vice/versa, and the same for gems, maybe potions, etc. I know that could get unwieldy, but ... well, if you can't implement multiple-selection, it's a way to go! And as someone else suggested above, letting Atma do the cubing of gems and runes would be great. Especially a nice auto-cube command: cubes up all gems and runes in the entire stash at once (maybe require that you have a horadric cube in the stash too, if you want to keep it completely above board). That'd have to have some checkboxes though, we need those crappy runes sometimes!

11. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Version 5.05 *should* introduce the cubing module I've been working on. I've had to put that on hold since I needed a break from working on the DropCalc. One man operations can only do so much. As for FARA, you can probably do a google search for it. It's used extensively around these parts but I'm a bit fuzzy about linking to it even though it's not on a competing site.

As you might have noticed, new modules that go into ATMA are "all-or-nothing" i.e it must be exactly how it is supposed to work or not at all. I find that having half-baked implementations will only lead to trouble especially with users either getting confused or complaining that it is not "good enough".

--T

12. ckb

ckb Diabloii.Net Member

FYI, the error instance I noted was in Act II, Normal with a 1.09 char (If it makes a difference).

ckb

13. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Ok, I'll look at it when I get home. If it shows up in Normal, it will show up in the other difficulties too. By the way, how is the migration going?

--T

14. weregamer

weregamer Diabloii.Net Member

Just in case you're feeling unmotivated, I'm quite excited about the cubing module. ATMA is already indispensible for single player D2, but auto-cubing is the one feature I am constantly wishing for. (I'm so lazy about cubing my gems when I don't need them that I have a separate stash file with over 800 gems in it. Cubing gems is just so tedious...)

I'm a little curious - are you tackling the problem of people's gem preferences on the higher rune recipes? Since those are relatively uncommon, leaving them for manual cubing is probably the best approach but you've put so much work into getting ATMA just right, that I wouldn't be surprised if you are more ambitious about it.

15. agrégatif

agrégatif Diabloii.Net Member

First: thanks Hakai no Tenshi !

Now my dumb question : Where is the drop calculator ? I can't find it.

16. WaNg

WaNg Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the answers to my (too many times asked) questions! Now I will help ya a bit :thumbsup:
    You have to have the newest version of ATMA, and if ya got that, it's the last thing in the utility menu.

17. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Update: I just uploaded a revision (5.04b) that lets you filter items under Monster Search in the DropCalc according to grade (normal, exceptional, elite). This revision also adds to the 3 new display options that I recently added.

--T

18. Rakshasas

Rakshasas Diabloii.Net Member

first of all, great job for ATMA program it has made my life better in d2 :DD
    now, i have a dumb question too ..
    when i drag $ drop items from char to char
    in SAVE directory there are save-files like (example) (Patric.d2s) and such...
    now there in my save folder have been created some ORG files like (Patric_2.org) and such...
    what those files mean ? can i delete them ?? or what to do with them =?

thnx

19. StarWarz2

StarWarz2 Diabloii.Net Member

The .ORG files (and the .OR1, OR2 ... etc) are backups that ATMA creates when you save a character. If you've got the auto-backup option turned on (it is by default), that is.

If there's nothing wrong with your character (or stash) they're safe to delete. Those .ORG files have saved me a couple times. :) Especially when I spent 3 days to transfer all of my charms from 1.09 to 1.10 and accidently dropped one into the 1.09 stash ... and corrupted it. Gah! The .ORG file on all 3 (the 1.09 stash, the 1.10 stash and the 1.10 mule char) got them all back in the proper order.

Didn't have to worry about dupes that way, either.

Cheers!

20. cryist

cryist Diabloii.Net Member

What the max amount of items you can have in the items stash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.