Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

:thumbsup: ATMA 5.04 has been released

edit: ATMA is now officially hosted at http://diabloii.net/~atma

Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to announce the release of ATMA 5.04 which can be found on the official ATMA website at http://www.luminatrix.com/ATMA .

ATMA 5.04 introduces a few new features as well as bug fixes since 5.03:

BUG FIXES:
----------
  • Mercenary resist display has been fixed. ATMA was picking up the wrong entry in hirelings.txt especially for Expansion characters. This resulted in a wrong calculation for the mercenary resists.
  • IAS display for items with the IAS property (e.g Immortal King Stone Crusher) that have been socketed with IAS runes/jewels has been fixed. This was due to an error in the ATMA config files.
  • A bug in the loading code for player ears has been fixed. This occured when the name of the ear was of a certain length.
  • A stash allows you to drag/drop items from both the picture area as well as the tree list. A check is always made to ensure that the item being dragged into a stash is of the same version. However, this check was only done on the tree area and not the picture area which allowed one to drop 1.09 items into a 1.10 stash. If this happened, the stash is corrupt. This has now been fixed.
  • The display for jewels and charms now shows if they do not meet character level requirements.
  • There was a bug in the code that would sometimes cause the game to randomly delete an item especially if it was moved from an equipped slot into inventory. This was the infamous "disappearing item" bug and it was due to a flag not being reset on the item. This has now been fixed.
  • The background for the picture of an item in a stash is now colored to distinguish the quality of the item.
NEW FEATURE:
------------

ATMA 5.04 now includes a DropCalc which Thrugg and I (Hakai) have been working on. This calculator supports versions 1.07-1.10 and includes many features.

1) Full support for Diablo 1.07, 1.08, 1.09 and 1.10.
2) Correct scaling of creature mlvl and TC upgrade in Diablo 1.10 (Nightmare and Hell).
3) Sorting of results by name, probability or creature location.
4) Display of probabilities as fraction, percentage or odds.
5) Sorting of probabilities in ascending or descending order.
6) Ability to search by monster or by item
7) Full support for "players X" and character MF
8) Both item and monster search allow you to customize the parameters by which you choose to search
9) Changing either your MF or # of players requires the user to hit the "Search" button.

The DropCalc is provided "as-is" with a few caveats. The internal mechanics of the drop system is a very complicated one such that depending on certain "branch" points, the drop probabilites need to be computed differently. In mathematical lingo, a DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph) would need to be constructed to represent the drop sequence for each item. After doing an in-depth analysis of the drop tree, Thrugg and I came to the conclusion that all the other drop calculators out there are probably wrong. The problem is that depending on the path taken during a drop sequence, you can hit several branch points which will change the mechanism of the drop probability. Unfortunately, to properly calculate the final drop probability, you need to store the drop path for every contribution from a TC to every item it can drop. When this is done, you would need to compute your chances of the item being of a certain quality and then reconstruct the total probabilities for all items by going back up the tree and taking the number of picks at each level into account. What ATMA does right now is to compute the drop probability for any one possible drop of any creature. Trying to take the full number of drops into account will involve significantly more data storage and slow down the calculator by many factors. In the meantime, you as the user know that if Pindle has a 1:10000 chance of dropping item X on a given drop, he will have close to a 1:5000 of one per kill. Hence it is up to the user to correctly interprete the results especially when comparing two monsters (e.g Baal and Pindleskin) who have different drop mechanics.

Based on new info from Jarulf and Ruvanal, it has been discovered that Pindleskin and Threshsocket are not as "nerfed' as one would expect. The basic idea that Blizzard had to "nerf" Pindle and Threshsocket was to drastically reduce the odds of them dropping uniques and sets. In order to implement this, a new TC was created for them. Every TC has an associated bonus to the chances of unique/set/rare/magic items dropping and this is where Pindle and Thresh got hit hard.

Every TC is defined recursively in terms of "lower" TCs such that you need to traverse the drop tree to determine what item gets dropped. However, the game keeps a running check of the maximum bonuses. Because the TC that Pindleskin and Threshsocket drop from intersect paths with the TC that Snapchip and Frozenstein drop from, the Pindleskin TC gets it's bonuses upgraded to what Snapchip/Frozenstein would have. This means that Pindleskin drops exactly like those two while Threshsocket has a slightly worse chance than Pindle because his mlvl in Hell is 84 (this affects the chance for a given quality) as opposed to Pindleskin who is mlvl 86 in Hell.

With all that said and done, enjoy and let me know of any issues.

--T
Thank you Doc & Thrugg :clap:

Previous ATMA sticky thread is here

Announcement thread is here

Huorn

Diabloii.Net Member
z3r0- said:
I cant find the DL at the site for the .04 :rant:
Just follow the DL link at the top of the page. The page still says it's 5.03, but the file you'll download is 5.03. ckb didn't get around to updating the site yet. :)

Bolinbrooke

Diabloii.Net Member
In 5.04 i've noticed this

Oil Potion
Throw Damage: 0 <-------
Quantity: 22
Required Level: 20
Equip to Throw - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x8e679fa5

ckb

Diabloii.Net Member
z3r0- said:
I cant find the DL at the site for the .04 :rant:
OK folks. There has been some confusion about the lag from Tenshi's release and my site update, but it now states 5.04, so go get it.

ckb

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a suggestion, now that ATMA got the runwords name right, but it only says the name itself, not the item type. It would be nice if it says "doom great poleaxe" instead of just "doom".

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
NSXdreamer said:
Just a suggestion, now that ATMA got the runwords name right, but it only says the name itself, not the item type. It would be nice if it says "doom great poleaxe" instead of just "doom".
Look at the line below the name of the runeword. This split was done to accomodate FARA users.

Bolinbrooke said:
In 5.04 i've noticed this

Oil Potion
Throw Damage: 0 <-------
Quantity: 22
Required Level: 20
Equip to Throw - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 48
Fingerprint: 0x8e679fa5
Hmmm, might have to fix that .... but then, I don't know of anyone who collected Oil Potions to notice this. :teeth:

Anyway, I think I now have an elegant way to display the drop probabilities "per-kill" as opposed to what I am currently showing which is "per-drop"

--T

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Hakai_no_Tenshi said:
Look at the line below the name of the runeword. This split was done to accomodate FARA users.

Hmmm, might have to fix that .... but then, I don't know of anyone who collected Oil Potions to notice this. :teeth:

Anyway, I think I now have an elegant way to display the drop probabilities "per-kill" as opposed to what I am currently showing which is "per-drop"

--T
What I noticed in the drop calculator, if you look for boss monsters that can drop higher grade elite uniques/sets, you end up with a list that also includes the various Defilers (in unique color, so I assume unique Defilers). Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: Also noticed that Unique monsters in the lvl 85 areas have better chance to drop Zod than Hephasto the Armorer does...and since on a given map, the uniques tend to be in the same locations, running Pit/Ancient Tunnels/etc is better than Hephasto when looking for high end runes! Gogo drop calculator! =)

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Those particular Defilers have the "boss=1" flag set on them ... I have no idea why so I left them in. Hence, those are actually "Boss" Defilers and not "Unique" defilers.

Based on my idea about drop probablities "per-kill" using multiple pathways, I have implemented this and it seems to give me the answers I was looking for e.g Countess displays different drop probabilities for runes depending on the drop pathway taken. When Thrugg has taken a look at it, I'll update the d/l link.

--T

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Zarhrezz said:
Edit: Also noticed that Unique monsters in the lvl 85 areas have better chance to drop Zod than Hephasto the Armorer does...and since on a given map, the uniques tend to be in the same locations, running Pit/Ancient Tunnels/etc is better than Hephasto when looking for high end runes! Gogo drop calculator! =)
Of course, Heyphatso drops up to 5 items, giving you 5 chances at a Zod, so there's that too... maybe just kill everything in the River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary for best chance? :)

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Shade said:
Of course, Heyphatso drops up to 5 items, giving you 5 chances at a Zod, so there's that too... maybe just kill everything in the River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary for best chance? :)
True, true...but at a decent player X setting, taking out a unique pack can easilly trigger 5+ drops also...I'd still go for the area 85 boss pack kills. If I'd go for Zod drop, that is...which I won't =)

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
After working out a few more details, I believe I have an accurate version of the DropCalc which calculates the drop chance for items per monster kill. I took into account the different branch paths such that for n branch paths, if the probability of an item (base, unique, set ..) dropping from each path is p_i (i=1..n) and the number of picks per path is c_i, then the total probability for at least one of that item dropping is:

p_total = 1 - PI( (1 - p_i)^c_i )

where PI(x_i) is the usual product notation i.e x_1*x_2*x_3*....*x_n

I have implemented this in a test version of ATMA and would like any one who is numerically inclined to test the numbers. The link to this test version is here . Give it a whirl and let me know. If the numbers come out right, I'll put this up as the revised version 5.04

--T

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
While going through the drop chances for Tyreal's Might, I noticed two bugs:

1) For the released version, only one type of minion showed up as being able to drop it in the Pit. This was due to me misunderstanding how the "minion1" and "minion2" columns in monstats.txt work. I've fixed that now and will upload later.

2) For the test version posted above, I forgot to take the monster grade and difficulty level into account which resulted in some drop pathways being merged with others.

Both have been fixed and will be uploaded later.

--T

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
.... and for the interested, I've uploaded the new version that computes drops "per-kill" and fixed the two bugs above. The test version has also been taken down. Enjoy because it's time for me to take a break now.

--T

loveratbaby

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyone else having trouble with FARA since installing the new ATMA? My style sheet will nOT open...guess I will try a fresh FARA version first off.

Stile58

Diabloii.Net Member
Just started using ATMA, what a sweet program :thumbsup: , sure beats having to run two instances of D2, This is on a mac, btw, running Atma on VPC. My Question: any chance of making the Transmute button operational on the cube?. I was thinking that this would really come in handy for gem and rune mules. Even if it was only made to work for those specific items.

-Frank

BaNiSeR

Diabloii.Net Member
it looks to me as tyhough we sould be able to edit char. stats etc, how do i enable it so that i can? im VERY sleepy now so im not putzing with the progy much lol

i just want to be able to edit a char's stats/lvl so that i can test builds for online

thanks for your help!

TekkaZeroX

Diabloii.Net Member
ATMA FAQ said:
ATMA does not allow you to edit charc\acters or items, and most likely never will.
As this indicates Tenshi will probably never implement character editing. ATMA was designed as a muling program for people who do not want to deal with character editors, which can allow a person to cheat. With that said, some purists still consider ATMA cheating. The good news is most do not.

If you want a character editor that does what you want, you will not find too much help here. The SPF is a hack-free, legit community and we are forbidden from posting hacks/editors. But if you are desperate for such an editor you can try googling it on the web. Unfortunately, those editors are out there. :(

ULTIMATER

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Doc, i just had a little problem with ATMA.

I moved a item from a 1.10 char into a 1.10 stash. But i forgot to save before i closed ATMA, but i had the auto-save on, so no biggie (i thought).

When i reloaded the stash, it said "corrupted, blabla" i dont really remember :)
But i answered yes, and the stash opened.

And now i have some really godly items :teeth:

Trang Oul helm with 216% PDR and 62 Strenght
LC with 2+ Sorc 1 Strenght
Lycanders Flank 62 Strenght
And a 621%ed / 20ias jewel

Dont have the ATMA stats since im at work atm, but they have the fingerprints and all.

I guess the items are lost, but i want to know what happened since this also happened when i tested again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.