Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AlterEgo, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

:thumbsup: ATMA 5.04 has been released

edit: ATMA is now officially hosted at http://diabloii.net/~atma

Thank you Doc & Thrugg :clap:

Previous ATMA sticky thread is here

Announcement thread is here

2. z3r0-

z3r0- IncGamers Member

I cant find the DL at the site for the .04 :rant:

3. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Just follow the DL link at the top of the page. The page still says it's 5.03, but the file you'll download is 5.03. ckb didn't get around to updating the site yet. :)

4. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

In 5.04 i've noticed this

Oil Potion
    Throw Damage: 0 <-------
    Quantity: 22
    Required Level: 20
    Equip to Throw - Normal Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 48
    Fingerprint: 0x8e679fa5

5. ckb

ckb IncGamers Member

OK folks. There has been some confusion about the lag from Tenshi's release and my site update, but it now states 5.04, so go get it.

ckb

6. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Just a suggestion, now that ATMA got the runwords name right, but it only says the name itself, not the item type. It would be nice if it says "doom great poleaxe" instead of just "doom".

7. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Look at the line below the name of the runeword. This split was done to accomodate FARA users.

Hmmm, might have to fix that .... but then, I don't know of anyone who collected Oil Potions to notice this. :teeth:

Anyway, I think I now have an elegant way to display the drop probabilities "per-kill" as opposed to what I am currently showing which is "per-drop"

--T

8. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

What I noticed in the drop calculator, if you look for boss monsters that can drop higher grade elite uniques/sets, you end up with a list that also includes the various Defilers (in unique color, so I assume unique Defilers). Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: Also noticed that Unique monsters in the lvl 85 areas have better chance to drop Zod than Hephasto the Armorer does...and since on a given map, the uniques tend to be in the same locations, running Pit/Ancient Tunnels/etc is better than Hephasto when looking for high end runes! Gogo drop calculator! =)

9. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Those particular Defilers have the "boss=1" flag set on them ... I have no idea why so I left them in. Hence, those are actually "Boss" Defilers and not "Unique" defilers.

Based on my idea about drop probablities "per-kill" using multiple pathways, I have implemented this and it seems to give me the answers I was looking for e.g Countess displays different drop probabilities for runes depending on the drop pathway taken. When Thrugg has taken a look at it, I'll update the d/l link.

--T

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Of course, Heyphatso drops up to 5 items, giving you 5 chances at a Zod, so there's that too... maybe just kill everything in the River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary for best chance? :)

11. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

True, true...but at a decent player X setting, taking out a unique pack can easilly trigger 5+ drops also...I'd still go for the area 85 boss pack kills. If I'd go for Zod drop, that is...which I won't =)

12. Hakai_no_Tenshi

After working out a few more details, I believe I have an accurate version of the DropCalc which calculates the drop chance for items per monster kill. I took into account the different branch paths such that for n branch paths, if the probability of an item (base, unique, set ..) dropping from each path is p_i (i=1..n) and the number of picks per path is c_i, then the total probability for at least one of that item dropping is:

p_total = 1 - PI( (1 - p_i)^c_i )

where PI(x_i) is the usual product notation i.e x_1*x_2*x_3*....*x_n

I have implemented this in a test version of ATMA and would like any one who is numerically inclined to test the numbers. The link to this test version is here . Give it a whirl and let me know. If the numbers come out right, I'll put this up as the revised version 5.04

--T

13. Hakai_no_Tenshi

While going through the drop chances for Tyreal's Might, I noticed two bugs:

1) For the released version, only one type of minion showed up as being able to drop it in the Pit. This was due to me misunderstanding how the "minion1" and "minion2" columns in monstats.txt work. I've fixed that now and will upload later.

2) For the test version posted above, I forgot to take the monster grade and difficulty level into account which resulted in some drop pathways being merged with others.

Both have been fixed and will be uploaded later.

--T

14. Hakai_no_Tenshi

.... and for the interested, I've uploaded the new version that computes drops "per-kill" and fixed the two bugs above. The test version has also been taken down. Enjoy because it's time for me to take a break now.

--T

15. Frankeinstein

Frankeinstein IncGamers Member

thanks for all the hard work you did on this! :thumbsup:

16. loveratbaby

loveratbaby IncGamers Member

Anyone else having trouble with FARA since installing the new ATMA? My style sheet will nOT open...guess I will try a fresh FARA version first off.

17. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

Just started using ATMA, what a sweet program :thumbsup: , sure beats having to run two instances of D2, This is on a mac, btw, running Atma on VPC. My Question: any chance of making the Transmute button operational on the cube?. I was thinking that this would really come in handy for gem and rune mules. Even if it was only made to work for those specific items.

-Frank

18. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

it looks to me as tyhough we sould be able to edit char. stats etc, how do i enable it so that i can? im VERY sleepy now so im not putzing with the progy much lol

i just want to be able to edit a char's stats/lvl so that i can test builds for online

thanks for your help!

19. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

As this indicates Tenshi will probably never implement character editing. ATMA was designed as a muling program for people who do not want to deal with character editors, which can allow a person to cheat. With that said, some purists still consider ATMA cheating. The good news is most do not.

If you want a character editor that does what you want, you will not find too much help here. The SPF is a hack-free, legit community and we are forbidden from posting hacks/editors. But if you are desperate for such an editor you can try googling it on the web. Unfortunately, those editors are out there. :(

20. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Hey Doc, i just had a little problem with ATMA.

I moved a item from a 1.10 char into a 1.10 stash. But i forgot to save before i closed ATMA, but i had the auto-save on, so no biggie (i thought).

When i reloaded the stash, it said "corrupted, blabla" i dont really remember :)
    But i answered yes, and the stash opened.

And now i have some really godly items :teeth:

Trang Oul helm with 216% PDR and 62 Strenght
    LC with 2+ Sorc 1 Strenght
    Lycanders Flank 62 Strenght
    And a 621%ed / 20ias jewel

Dont have the ATMA stats since im at work atm, but they have the fingerprints and all.

I guess the items are lost, but i want to know what happened since this also happened when i tested again later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.