Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Muling in Single Player: The ATMA Thread

The ATMA item muling application is available at this site: http://www.luminatrix.com/ATMA/

As quoted from the download site:

"ATMA is a muling program for Diablo II (copyright Blizzard North) by Hakai_no_Tenshi. It stands for "A Tenshi Muling Application" and is designed to help you organize and categorize your Diablo II characters, mules and items. The idea behind this is to be able to read your character/item files quickly without having to open them up in the game and to be able to transfer items without the problems of previously available editors."​

Also from that same site:
"NOTE: ATMA does not allow you to edit charcacters or items, and most likely never will... So don't ask."

Post any issues or quesitons on this utility in this thread. Hakai and others check in frequently.

Ashlen

Diabloii.Net Member
Just downloaded ATMA about a week ago, and I must say, I was highly impressed. Very nice work! As I was using it, I noticed the space that was made for showing the stats of a necro's iron golem.

I was wondering, as I never played a necro, if that meant an iron golem is saved with your character when you finish playing?

Thanks in advance...

Hakai_no_Tenshi

Diabloii.Net Member
Starting from 1.09 onwards, the data for the item you used to create the Iron Golem is stored with your character. This was not the case in 1.07 and 1.08

--T

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Ashlen said:
Just downloaded ATMA about a week ago, and I must say, I was highly impressed. Very nice work! As I was using it, I noticed the space that was made for showing the stats of a necro's iron golem.

I was wondering, as I never played a necro, if that meant an iron golem is saved with your character when you finish playing?

Thanks in advance...
Yeah, it is saved :)

Ashlen

Diabloii.Net Member
Cool. So if I play a necro with an iron golem, then each time I play I would have the same golem? Barring him dying of course...

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Could anyone tell me how does the dupe detector works? Also is anyone making a database with all the items from the 1.10 item library? Thanks!

buster

Diabloii.Net Member
I’ve got a question about the dupe detector too. I just installed the 5.03 version and thought I remember reading that the dupe detector had a built database of all known dupes. If this is true, do I have to do anything to access it or is it automatically loaded whenever I run the dupe detector on my .d2s and .d2x files?

chase_encode

Diabloii.Net Member
buster said:
I’ve got a question about the dupe detector too. I just installed the 5.03 version and thought I remember reading that the dupe detector had a built database of all known dupes. If this is true, do I have to do anything to access it or is it automatically loaded whenever I run the dupe detector on my .d2s and .d2x files?
5.03 does not have this functionality. It is still in the "work in progress" catagory.

-chase

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Just had one odd error with the new 5.03. It gives "can't create backup file" error when I close one mule file. I answered "no" when it asked me to continue, but many items already muled out. It took a while to find all items I've muled at that time, so I dont have any dupe items.

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
DeathMaster said:
Just had one odd error with the new 5.03. It gives "can't create backup file" error when I close one mule file. I answered "no" when it asked me to continue, but many items already muled out. It took a while to find all items I've muled at that time, so I dont have any dupe items.
That error msg has been around for a number of versions & happens to me occasionally - I run Windows 98. I always answer "yes", because I don't rely on the built-in backup functionality. All I need is the one active file. :) I clean out my .org files every so often anyway - don't like the clutter.

But I do back up my entire "ATMA" directory structure to disk every so often to give me some level of recovery in the case of HD crashes :eek:

Shivan

Diabloii.Net Member
since people seem to be asking
yes i'm still working on the dupe database
its been delayed longer than i expected, but i hope to have it released within 1-2 weeks

randy

Diabloii.Net Member
i noticed that atma allows the transfer of goods from hc to sc is this correct?

if so is an item still legit if transfered in this way?

chiam_ace

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm new here in the forums but i would call myself an average player of single player/Ip game D2 player.

I just wanted to know, ATMA creates .d2i items doesnt that allow items to be made multiple copies? If so then what's the point of trading since you'll still have your own item on you?

My apology for the stupid question but I cant seem to figure it out, stupid me.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
well you dont use the d2i format do you;)

instead you take that item you trade and put it on a mule and when you get your stuff and know they got it you deleate the mule on your computer.

witch means there is no dupe.

Joutaja

Diabloii.Net Member
@ Randy: Most people don't like this and I think it shouldn't be done since the game doesn't allow it.

@ chiam_ace: The idea is that you delete the item you traded away from your computer.

Hey Doc -

HAve you ever though of adding some sort of batch reporting functionality to ATMA? Something where you can keep a list of stashes you want dumps of then do it all at once.

I was looking to see if there was any command-line ATMA stuff for this in case I could write up a .bat to do it for me, but alas I found naught. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.