Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mules?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by pbrdrinker, Mar 27, 2005.

1. pbrdrinker

pbrdrinker IncGamers Member

mules?

i'm sure i read about this somewhere but i cant find it now. How do i make a mule and how do i make it work. do i trade with it on battle.net or other multi player or what. i am so new i feel stupid at first i didnt even know what a mule was so please be as descriptive as possible.

2. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

A mule is simply a regular character that is used to store items.

People usually use level 1s for this, but people do "retire" their characters and use them as mules too.

Basically people use them to store items on battlenet.

3. Jaimes

Jaimes IncGamers Member

There are a few ways to transfer items from the charactes that have them to your mules. First is making a private transfer game and waiting MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES _very important_. Come back with the other characte in the transfer to make sure that the game is PERMANENT, and then proceed with the transfer by logging out one characte then logging another character in.

Another way is to join a public game which has people in it and will for a while, then dropping the items to transfer in an obscure place and coming back with the mule (making sure that the mule has advanced far enough in the game to get to the place where you dropped the item). This is risky and I would only do this with items you don't care too much about, if even that.

Another way is to get a friend to help you out. The problem with this one is that many D2 friends are actually "friends," if you know what I mean. In other words, backstabbing leeches. So if there is someone you know from RL and trust, or someone that you have known for a long time in-game and trust, this is really the only way to do this kind of transfer. I'm good at judging whether people are trustworthy or not (I had to learn fast on the internet), but some people aren't so this might not be a good option for you if your so-called friends turncloak on you :p

Descriptive enough? :p

4. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

If you make a private game as Jaimes suggests be sure not to switch between mules too fast or you will get "Realm down" lock out. Transfer three or four times then maybe level up a char in the game for about 2 or 3 minutes. Then transfer a few more items. Blizzard does the "Realm down" to keep people from "botting" too fast.

5. pbrdrinker

yes thank you much.

6. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

I run two copies of Diablo II to transfer items. I lost too many items by joining and leaving games, so in the end I paid for another copy of Diablo II to fix that problem.

7. pbrdrinker

i've tried to make a private game followed the five minute rule no dice my character is single player and i am using open battle.net is this my problem. in other words do i have to create an all new character on battle.net to make this work?

8. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

If you play on single player you need a program called ATMA.
    Its available somewhere and is probably the only thing I won't get banned for plugging here.

Its a muling program for single player.

9. pbrdrinker

that answers my newbie questions thnx.

10. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

I think its available in the signature of one of the regulars here, and check in the single player forum

Look for hakai no tenshi (I think thats him)