Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mules expire too soon...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Krunch_Kidney, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

Mules expire too soon...

Ever since the new patch came out, I've found muling to be very difficult cause the mules only seem to last like 7-10 days. What's the deal with that? And is there a way to make them last longer? Thanks....

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Spend 2 hours on it to make them not last that short. Or i think you just need to go on it once in a while. I think that resets its.

3. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

They only last 10 days, in order for them to stay around longer you have to play/idle with them for 2 hours, then they take 90 days to expire.

4. Kurran

Kurran IncGamers Member

or you could just login with them thereby resetting the 10 day timer

5. Anti-Flagger13

Anti-Flagger13 IncGamers Member

Yeah, but I don't think you'd want to log in a whole bunch every couple of days.

6. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Make a new character, find a game and beg for the outer cloister wp, once you have that wp, quit and rejoin the game with a high lvl char and clear out the outer cloister of all monsters, re-join the game with your mule and wp to outer cloister. walk to the door to your left from the lower portion of the screen, a few steps away click on the door, your mule will be locked in a "Running" position. let the mule run as long as possible. Sometimes you get booted sometimes it works for 2 hours, in any event you get the picture. after 2 hours in a game or 120 minutes collectively your mule will be semi permed, meaning you only have to access it once every 90 days

Another thing I do is drop my high level characters horadric cube for the mule, you can always join a normal game and go to the halls and get a new cube in a few minutes, that way your mule has 8 extra squares of storage=)

I have semi permed 30 mules this way its tedious but simple

7. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

The deal with that, is that Blizzard doesn't support muling or mules. They never meant for something like that to be possible. They wanted it to be like singleplayer, where you can only store and keep the items that you found, on one character.

Therefore, they made this timer on the mules so that people would be less willing to make more mules to store items for them.

Luckily for me, my emotional bodily systems don't support the deletion of chars :lol:, so that's why I have about 7 accounts full of retired chars acting as mules from .09.

8. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

The Outer Cloister idea doesn't always work as sometimes you get kicked off, most idling that isn't done with a 3rd party program has the same problem though, but another way that seems to work a bit better is sitting in town, taping down your right click button when you have identify on right click.

9. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk IncGamers Member

I always make a sorc mule.. I go just outside town, click my right mousebutton so she starts spraying firebolts and then tape the right mousebutton.. Then I turn off the screen and returns two hours later.

-Sparrow

10. Fixie

Fixie IncGamers Member

I did the same for 16 Mules and for SoJ counter games. Last week I got a SoJ counter again, so I clear Outer Cloister and do the door trick on laptop while playing on my desktop PC. Suddenly I hear the door open on the laptop after a few minutes... I tries it again and again (also different games) But everytime the door opens after being in run/walking animation for a little while. I think they do a server side check on that door so prevent 'exploiting' the bugged door. So burning mules and keeping SoJ games up with that trick doesn't work anymore. Can anyone confirm? I play EU-SCL.

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I made mules over a month ago. Never burned them in either. They are still there. I do acess them every time I log on, resetting them to 10 days.

12. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

The 2 hours needed to get past "expires in 10 days" is kept track of by Blizz, once your mule has accummulated 2 hrs "in game" time, the counter will go away.

To be eventually replaced by "expires in 59 days" :drink: