Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mules- characters expire: plz help

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rpgdragon, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Rpgdragon

Rpgdragon IncGamers Member

Mules- characters expire: plz help

1. How much time do you need to use a character for the 10 day expire thing to go away?

2. Also do you have to be in a game or is the channel sufficient.

3. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

1. 2 hours
    2. Pretty sure you need to be in a game, not positive.
    3. Join a game and go afk, sit in a channel when you aren't playing.

3. negator

negator IncGamers Member

you can use the expiration date as a way of sorting your stuff also. i am not very organized and usually just dump items onto mules as my mf characters get full. then i go back later and sift through these temporary mules when i want to craft or cube, trade, or twink. when i'm doing this it's easy not to lose my place because if a mule says "expires in 10 days" i know i've already done that one.

4. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

#2 You must be in-game.

#3 None, really. I leave my mule characters in a game when I go to bed. The game only stays open for 10-15 minutes without activity, though, so it takes several times. I kill two birds with one stone by playing around with my mules while waiting for the 5-10 minutes to pass for a game to stay open to mule.

5. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

All I do is join or creat a mule parking game and leave it on when away or overnight.....It usually only take a couple of hour to perm the char,and with the mule parking games,theres usually enough activity with mules joining and people like me who like to use thes games to lvl new chars that the games usually stay active,out of 8 mules ,the most I've had to rejoin a game or creat one is 3 times ,all the other times I was able to leave them alone,check back in a couple hours and then swith to the next mule.

Scott

6. Newest Newb

Newest Newb IncGamers Member

1. 2 hours

2. game

3. go into a game and select identify item as your skill. Place something heavy on your mouse button to keep it pressing, and so recasting the "spell".
    Do something for 2 hours.

7. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

Another tip - get a friend to give you a tp to the Outer Cloister wp (and kill all the monsters in the vicinity). Head south as if you were going back to the Tamoe Highlands. When you get to the first big door, approach it at an oblique angle (from the east). If you position yourself correctly, your character will run on the spot for an indefinite period, so the game stays open even if you are the only one in it. Come back 2 hours later.

8. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

Anti Idle Bot :)

9. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

Actually, as soon as you join a game, the 10 day timer resets. So you can just join a game once every week, and you shouldn't have to worry about expiration. This way, you can accumulate your 2 hours just by transferring items.

10. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

You may be right, but the rules still say 2 hrs in the first 48 - and you may remember there was a big fuss about a year ago when blizz suddenly deleted a whole lot of characters that hadn't been burned in properly. Everyone complained, and blizz reinstated the characters, saying that maybe people hadn't understood the rule, but next time it would be for real. I prefer not to risk it.