Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mrs_Trapper Hits Lev88 and dies?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by rev129, Feb 14, 2004.

1. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

Mrs_Trapper Hits Lev88 and dies?

Well, it ALMOST happened. This morning I was doing MF runs and nearly bit the bullet. I was creating games with the title being "See Description", in the description I was asking for items to trade. Well, I had just finished Meph (found WolfHowl Visor, YEA!!!!!) when a sorcy joins and asks me if I'm interested in a Trap Ammy. I politly tell him no and go about my killing.

After Meph I always WP to Highlands for the 2 bosses there. I usualy take the wp and then Bo becasue the port is hardly ever covered. Without bo my life is 1700+, with it it's 2800+. I have no idea why, but for some reason I BO'ed before I left Meph. I went to act 3 town, dropped off the visor and took wp to Highlands.

The port was covered with Lighting enhanced monstes, yes 2 (thx to the sorcy i'm guessing). I immediatly went through the steps to leave the game. the game froze a bit once I clicked on the save and exit command. I sat there for a minute frozen, scared, and shaking like a 5 year old on the first day of school. I moved my mouse over to the join game, expecting not to be able to do anything.

Well......I guess it wasn't my time. I joined a game to discover my life had gone from 2800+ to 187. How so fast you ask? Well, I'm using lev 40 traps but my resistance is ALL in the red becasue of the 400+ MF I'm wearing. Never before has it been an issue though becasue i can use fade to get them all in the blue.

So, I live to see another day. Ladder board here I come, only need a few more million. Just thoght I'd share.

2. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Lucky for sure. If someone joins its pays to go to the towns between acts.

3. rev129

rev129 IncGamers Member

Yea, it was a good wakeup call. After making it ** levels with no real scare I can remember, you get bold, complacent, youtake risk you really shouldn't. I have to remind myself this is HC sometimes before I do it.

4. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Reminds me that yesterday I had a very very close call at Frigid WP with my Javazon. There was a Demon Imp boss pack right at the WP which were immediately engaged by Merc and Valk. No problem I thought, these critters go down in one LF usually. I hover over the Boss, read "FE LE" and throw my jav at the same time, the bloody critter teleports right to my feet into the LF and *bam* explodes spraying CBs leaving me with approx. 30-40 health. I couldn't even see any red in the lifebulb anymore before I hit a juv. That was so damn scary I didn't dare to take the WP for the next two hours. Only close call in 1k Eld runs with her though, so she's back in action :)

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I fail to understand how getting operated on without anesthesia has anything to do with the rest of your post.

:teeth:

6. minion

minion IncGamers Member

few weeks ago while mfing with my (now 90) lvl ** necro, running through tamoe towards the pit when a extra fast convict multishot mage group runs towards me.

I think nothing of it and begin to amp them and run back so my skeles can kill...

But my skeles start dropping... a stray firebolt gets through and I watch as my orb drops to almost nothing - I rejuv and run and another one hits me... I save and exit as another is maybe a yard (in game) behind me.

I join a new game

hover mouse over orb...

4 life

WHEW!

7. -_-

-_- IncGamers Member

I have seen frig covered many times in 1.10