Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mr. Hell and Ms. Handbasket are going on a picnic in the middle east

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sir EvilFreeSmeg, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Sir EvilFreeSmeg

Sir EvilFreeSmeg Banned

Mr. Hell and Ms. Handbasket are going on a picnic in the middle east

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...0_US-MIDEAST-FRANCE-ISRAEL.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

Remember back a while back when I posted that in the not too distant future it was highly likely that a European nation would wind up in a shooting war with Israel?

Right now Hamas is so very close to restarting the war again. The French and German forces have arrayed themselves to counter an Israeli attack, not to prevent an attack from Hamas. One mistake, one missile fired (by either side) and all hell will break loose.

I can very easily see the radical muslims in France demanding (under threat of massive rioting/civil war) that France go to war against Israel if such a mistake is made. Something tells me the French will do what they're told by the muslims. Partly out of fear of being overthrown and largely out of general irrational hate towards the ebil joos.

I was wrong about the election. Please let me be wrong about this.

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Wrong about the election, right about Lieberman. We're boned.

3. S Z

S Z IncGamers Member

*S******s*

The day the French or Germans get into a shooting war with Israel... well... I can't think of anything that unlikely. Maybe America electing a black female muslim as president.

I think you're reaching here Smeg. Given the limited mandate of UNFIL it more likely by orders of magnitude that they will tuck their tails between their legs and ship themselves home. Before lodging a protest resolution in the UN of course, that the US will veto and Israel/Hamas will ignore.

4. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

I think our more immediate concern is when our buddy Osama gets to try on that neck stretching collar.

All hell will break loose then.

5. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

LOL.

Willing to bet money on this one, Smeg?

6. EliManning

EliManning IncGamers Member

I hate to burst the bubble, but France's "radical muslims" can't demand anything from anybody ever. They don't even have the political clout to get justice for their children being killed by cops, they can't get that justice through force, and a pretty significant portion of France's population is just as racist against Arabs as anyone on this side of the ocean. If the French system won't let them get a wrongful death investigation, it certainly won't let them send the French army to war, least of all against a country that most French Arabs have absolutely zero history with.

Of course, even assuming that "radical muslims" exist in France is to ignore the fact that the head of their intelligence agency said radical islam never had any influence over any of the civil unrest of last year. And your article is about France not shooting at Israel anyway. Refusing to kill people generally doesn't start wars.

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Maybe Israel should stop shooting at German ships then. Just a thought.

8. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I'm not sure where exactly this rates on the list of "worst threads ever created by Smeg", given the enormous amount of competition in that, but I'm pretty sure it's near the bottom.

9. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

So, it's the best of his threads?

10. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

No, you could have a list of worst threads created by threads that was not exhaustive. For example, a list of his worst threads may contain 50 items, but he may have 300 threads total, so even if it were at the bottom of the worst thread list, it still wouldn't be one of his best.

11. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

You're assuming he ever posted any good ones.

12. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

I knew someone would point that out. They're ranked in descending order of crappiness, of course.

13. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

It was the best of threads, it was the worst of threads. Hey man, cool threads, daddy-o.

14. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club was far superior to that.

15. WildBerry

WildBerry IncGamers Member

Yeah!

That's exactly how the peacekeeping forces work! Remember how when that Finnish navy officer was blown to bits by Israeli artillery strikes after repeated pleas for ceasing fire in a continous radio contact from the UN site he was on? It resulted in Finland declaring war to the Israel and a whole-scale war has been waged ever...

...no, wait. No such thing happened. You obviously have no clue what the European soldiers are doing there.

16. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Smeggy,

Too late. Israel has just lobbed a bunch of artillery shells into northern Gaza taking out 18 civilians. Reports said seven children and four women were among those killed when the shells struck seven houses overnight.

Don't tell me Smeggy, they weren't woman or children , but rather midget / tranvestite terrorists, having a slumber party.

Technial fault ... yeah sure ... I believe you ...

Ofcourse now the Hamas nutjobs are screaming out for revenge. Both sides seem just as bad as each other as far as I can see.

Regards
    Syxx

17. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

This is going to be another one of his post-and-run jobs, isn't it?