Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mpq help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by skarn, Mar 4, 2004.

1. skarn

skarn IncGamers Member

mpq help

I'm trying to use a mod for LoD and the readme says to replace the file patch_d2.mpq in the D2 folder with the one I downloaded. Firstly, I don't seem to have that file in my d2 folder, and secondly, if i just copy it into the folder the game freezes at the title screen.

Can anybody help?

2. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

This is just a guess, but I've noticed that very very few of the mods available on the web (at least that I've found) have been updated for 1.10. That's probably your problem.

If you would rather have the mod than the 1.10 changes, I think the Arreat Summit has the patch files for every version, so you could uninstall, reinstall, and then patch to 1.09 to use a 1.09 mod. This is, of course, incompatible with *any* battle.net play as connecting to battle.net will automatically re-upgrade you to 1.10.

3. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I think this topic is probably beyond what is normally allowed when it comes to discussions about mods. Still, we'll see when AlterEgo gets here.

--T

4. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

If you don't have the patch_d2.mpq file in your d2 folder, that sounds like you only have 1.00 classic or 1.07 LoD installed. Check what patch version the mod is based on and make sure you have installed whatever patch it needs.

Any further help at this stage I think falls under what Hakai said :)

5. skarn

skarn IncGamers Member

Cheers mate. :)