Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MP Etiquette

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BennB, Jul 2, 2005.

1. BennB

BennB IncGamers Member

MP Etiquette

Been hosting a few of MP games over the last couple of days, and it wasn' t until last night, playing with one of the members, that I wasn't aware of the etiquette involved with MP.

My first mp games have been a whole lot of fun.

So if anyone can help out a 'noob mp' with a link or responses It would be most appreciated.

2. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

there's a link around here somewhere.

But basically: host has final say on decisions; communicate; work as a team; share drops; introduce yourself etc... common sense really

3. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Hee-hee. I've got to move this up on my priority list. :)

The first draft of the guide done a while back is here. It is a solid guide even in its first draft, just a little long.

I'm working on the next draft (slowly) and any suggestions/questions/input regarding the guide should go into the current thread for the guide, which is here:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=356287

4. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

So what's the use of some codified common sense? One day someone 'll draft a 'how to live' etiquette, and people 'll come over to ask whether they really need to breathe out as well...

If you were having enormous rows over drops ore hacking mofo's aboard, yeah, I'd understand, but this just doesn't make sense to me :x

5. Tasdaz

Tasdaz IncGamers Member

I guess it comes down to the fact that anyone new around here doesn't want to burn others. I know that I wouldn't want to do wrong by others around here as it is a wonderful community to be in. It's a bit like testing the water with your toes to see if the water temp is actually acceptable before you leap in. Hope that made sense

6. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

One note: If the host doesn't specify what to do with item drops, just do it bnet style.

But don't grab it and leave without saying anything.

7. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Okay, its late here (or early more accurately) so I'm a little punchy. However, I am tired of having posts saying that this is a stupid idea every time it comes up. Obviously, there was enough intereste for a lot of work to be put into the first draft, and I wouldn't have resurrected the project if I hadn't seen interest in it resurface.

This is the second thread asking about a guide of this type since I started working on this. (Which wasn't that long ago.) That tells me that there are people that would be interested in this.

It will be a guide, not a set of stone tablets. Also, just because some things seem automatic and like common sense to someone with lots of SPF MP experience, doesn't mean that it will be that way for everyone. We all can't be as smart as you. ;)

8. BuFa

BuFa IncGamers Member

What I do about drops when I MP is, I grab whatever my bag can hold, yell out what I just got (even an el rune), then drop it by the stash of the current act.

This way everyone can see the items for themselves, and ask to keep it if they need/want it.

9. BennB

BennB IncGamers Member

Completely agree with Tasdaz

My intention was to find get some ideas about what happens so I don't annoy people.

Being new to this I didn't want to alienate myself.

@Nepeta - Will a response like this make members think twice about asking a question?