Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mostly untwinked Concentration Barb suggestion...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Remsaa, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Remsaa

Remsaa IncGamers Member

Mostly untwinked Concentration Barb suggestion...

I need some suggestions for a mostly untwinked Concentration Barb. He is mostly untwinked due to most of the games I play are with my roomate in TCP/IP games and the barb being the higher level (77) never gets hand-me-downs. At first he was using Butchers Pupil which was great until Hell. I found a Gimmershed that did a great job but it was ethereal and, alas, went the way of the Dodo. He now has a Nord's Tenderizer and on switch a Demons Limb (for the enchant). He is able to kill stuff but it is slow going and Meph hell runs TAKE FOREVER. I cant seem to find a Beserker axe or Ettin axe with sockets let alone runes to put in them. What suggestions do you all have for my mighty barbarian with his swizzlestick mace of flatulent beatdown?

Thanks for any help.

2. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Post your stats and equipment. Nord's is a pretty good stick, you shouldn't be having that much trouble with Meph.

-GG

3. Remsaa

Remsaa IncGamers Member

Well I think the main problems stems from me wanting to use an axe (one handed) and maxed axe mastery early. After realizing that good axes were hard to come by I am only now starting to pump Mace mastery.

P.S. Try saying Maxed Axe Mastery 3 times really fast out loud...

hmmm sounds like an ebonics lesson waiting to happen.

P.S.S. Stats I dont have handy, I know AR is about 8500 and strength is good too....

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

My first thought would be to upgrade the Butcher's Pupil. Its not the most uber choice out there, and many might call it a waste of runes, but if its what you've got, and if you've already maxed axe mastery (that's hard to type, let alone say out loud) then go for it. Otherwise, cross your fingers and hope for a nice Rune Master or Ethereal Edge.

If you aren't against taking handouts, you should check the giveaway thread and see if anyone has a nice axe they're getting rid of.

5. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Alright, let's see...

First off, stick with Axe. You just don't have enough points to max another weapon mastery. Butcher's Pupil is a good axe, just put a Shael into it and you'll hit 12 frames, which is enough for Concbarbs IMO.

However, the fact that you've already maxed a weapon mastery disturbs me, because you must have neglected to max your synergies. Concentrate, Shout, and Battle Orders should all be maxed before your weapon mastery. Luckily, this can be fixed. Max out Concentrate and BO right away, then put all your remaining points into Shout.

When you start a battle, you should Battle Command, Battle Orders, Shout. Try shopping for a cheap pair of Echoing War Swords, they will give +6 to warcries on switch.

EDIT: Keep in mind, Butcher's Pupil combined with your Weapon Mastery will do double damage about 56% of the time. So don't let the LCS fool you.

-GG

6. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

Using a shield? So limited to one-handed axes... if just for meph and you have a decent two-hand axe, you might try that. Make sure you are using battle cry against meph... even with one point it will make a big difference. And definatley up the butchers. If you dont have a razors edge, you should find one soon enough off of meph... i personally still like an upped butchrers over razors edge... my frenzy barb uses one of each.

To the experts, whats the ultimate one handed axe? (not including botd)

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

without Runewords it's deathcleaver easy.
    with runewords it'd be a toss up between deathcleaver and beast

8. whomhead

Erm, I think most would go with a 15% Superior Ethereal BoTD Berzerker Axe as "t3h ub3r."

9. whomhead

Damnit! I'm going home. And I'm taking my jump rope with me! :mad:

10. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

Part of your problem might simply be that Concentrate barbs aren't the fastest killers (although they're among the safest).