Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most you've ever found

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by cyclotronic, Mar 29, 2005.

1. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Most you've ever found

Today i was checking my jeans pocket because i was bout to chuck em in the old washer machine. And in the process finding myself 12 bucks. It may be one of the best moments in memorable history.

Also when i was like 9 i found 40 bucks on the flood in KB toys, promptly buying myself a Gambit action figure and blew the rest on garbage.

Long story short, what is the most money you have ever found, wheather it be a wallet full of 100s found in the restroom of some swank hotel, or 3 dimes and a broken pocketwatch found off the remains of a drifter you just hit.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

not money....found a first edition great gatsby with a partial dust jacket in a box of garage sale books...crapped myself when i found it

3. Killing Frenzy

Killing Frenzy IncGamers Member

The most I found was a single $20 bill.

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

That's sweet. Do you still have it? Have you ever priced the thing?

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

two heavy chests of spanish dubloons

6. rplusplus

rplusplus IncGamers Member

Nikon F-1 Camera in bag with 3 lenses, all told about $1,000 when I found it at the beach in Santa Cruz. Luckily for the owner he was smart enough to put his name and phone number in it. I got a thank you and offered $20.00. I told him to keep it.

R++

7. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I once found a 50$ bill that is a US bill here in Canada and I was about 12-23 at the time it was such an amazing find!!!

8. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker IncGamers Member

Dried up old banana peel.. made some homeless guy very happy with it.

9. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

yes i do...it is insured for 25000

10. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Money for nothing, chicks for free...and bunnies too!

A $50 bill just lying there on the ground. I had to be the only person who actually took out a "Found" ad to try to identify an ordinary $50 bill. Fortunately, no one ever came to claim it.

11. Chaossblade

Chaossblade IncGamers Member

17 dollars in my school. my conscience bugged me too much and i returned it to the lost and found... darn.. stupid conscience also prevented me from taking up many other sums of money(monies??) .. the ppl in my school are amazingly rich and forgetful

12. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

I must be really lucky.

Found $50 in the gutter on the way to high school one day when I was 16.

At 20 I was walking to the beach at 4am after the clubs had closed with two friends. All three of us were blind drunk and I found a wallet with no ID or anything else in it. All it had was a photo of a car, a single key in one of the pockets and $385 in cash. I told my friends there was only $185 and slipped the two hundreds into my pocket :)

At 23 I lived in a really old house with four friends (actually two of them were the two I was with when I found the wallet). We decided to move the large rug from one of the rooms into another but being incredibly stoned at the time we left it till the next day. Next day I was off work so I moved the rug my self and found four $20 'paper' notes (all our notes are polymer now) that had obviously been there for years. Being an old coin/banknote collector and seeing they were all in good condition I had a look at them and found that two were actually collector's items. I sold those two a few days later for $45 a piece.

At 25 I found a paper $100 note in the pocket of a jacket I hadn't worn in years.

At 26 I went to a 1/2 price book sale at a Salvation Army store and found an antique first edition (1908) history of the world in 25 volumes. The marked price was $600 which had been crossed out to read $300 for the book sale. I asked if I could lay-by it over a few weeks because I didn't want to spend most of my pay like that and the clerk told me "It's a half price sale, so it's only $150." I didn't argue and forked over the cash then and there. I then went to my local antique book dealer and had it valued between $2500-$3000.

13. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

I finded my milk money up my nose [/ralph]

14. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

My mom once found a very expensive watch at an airport in Jakarta. According to her judgement, it was easily over 2000 USD in value. But she was a good samaritanin, and took it to the nearest person behind a desk that she could find. The newspaper salesman accepted it with a grin.

My younger sister once found a 50 zloty bill (roughly $20) on the street when she was walking to the mall with her friends. But she was young and inexperienced, and her friends' didn't know any better either. She walked up to the nearest guy and asked if it was his. The random man arrogantly said "Oh yes, it is." snatched it, then walked off hastily.

A friend of mine back in Canada once found a wallet on a school field trip with several hundred dollars in it. Well... they were Canadian dollars anyways. :uhhuh:

*sigh*

The most I ever found was at a school party. 20 zloties (like, $5?). So I took it. End of story.

15. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I found 10 bucks lying on the floor of my apartment hallway sophomore year. I was up pretty early on a Sunday morning so it probably fell out of someone's pocket the night before. I used it to buy myself and the roomies doughnuts and juice.

16. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

i found 20 smackeroos once.

17. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

i found a used condom under a bridge once. still got it to this day. its my good luck charm.

18. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

this lucky bastard (me) found a swedish 1000kr note some 5 years ago.
    At that time, that would be somewhere around $125! :teeth:

19. Bionic

Bionic IncGamers Member

When I was younger I used to read comic books so I would always go to comic book conventions. I remember going with my brothers to the San Diego Comic Con and the admission to get in was 35 bucks, I was behind a guy in the line and he dropped some money, I covered it with my foot till he left. When he left I picked up two 20's. LOL, free entry for me.

20. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

Lame.

-D2netDad