Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Frosty_The_Snowman, Oct 25, 2006.
Most useless Quest ?
In your opinion, what's the most useless quest in the whole game ?
- Act 1 : Sisters' Burial Grounds (Get a Rogue) can almost be usefull in the begining to spare a few gold for your first levels
- Act 1 : The Forgotten Tower (Treasure Hunt) Amasingly useless as a quest, sure the runes are great but the quest reward is actually the chest poping behind the countess. Running countess for runes doesn't count as a quest in my book.
- Act 1 : Tools of the Trade (Charsi) one of my favorite quest reward, sure it rarely pays but waiting for a good level and gambling on diadem or other usefull item your toons need while playing untwinked is priceless.
- Act 3 : Blade of the Old Religion (Ormus) waiting for a higher level again could possibly net you a very nie ring, rarely happens but you actually receive something
- Act 5 : Rescue on Mount Arreat (Free the Barbarians) Thats some quick and sure runes along with possibilities to hire an act5 merc. I am not a fan of barbarian mercenary but they sure can hold their own and deal some interesting damage.
- Act 5 : Betrayal of Harrogath (Killing Nihlathak / personalizing an Item) Again not so usefull but some people does like the idea of naming their gear.
- Misc : Diablo Clone Quest Whats useless about getting an annihilus charm ?
- Misc : Ãœber-Tristram Quest Once again anybody see it useless to gain a torch?
I voted for Act 1 : The Forgotten Tower (Treasure Hunt) as beeing the most useless quest from the list.
From all the rewards for the quests, there is only one I never touched or used and the Quest itself is even one of the most dangerous ( ask HC people ), so my vote clearly goes for the personalizing crap reward.
id vote for most of the a2 quests, they use alot of the same steps
I've added these 2 choices because some people don't feel the need to offer such powerful items after the patch 1.10 has been released to make the game much harder than 1.09. Thus, from a certain point of view, these items can be useless for the ones who want to play with the original quests only. These two quests have been added afterwards, and even if the rewards are awesome, they are not necessary to complete or master the game.
I voted Nihlathak. Personalizing an item and see its trading value drop ? No thanks. Make the portal to Pindleskin disappear ? No thanks again :grin: !
Voted for the nihlatak quest.
The portal to pindle can stay open if you dont take the wp. :thumbsup:
imo tools of the trade shouldnt be up there
its a great shot at a good rare - lvl 9 and you can imbue a diadem and get a possibly great item
item naming by far the most useless
The Ormus Q, is the most useless quest in the game,u get a ring for it but alway's turn up to be a useless ring ,i know u also get a ring in the cain quest but u also get cain to id ur items a that saves u lot of :greedy: :laughing:
Gee Snowy, is your next poll "most useless poll?" :tongue:
(Has to be Personalization Quest btw)
That's a great idea !
(* Grabs a post-it *)
I voted for Betryal/Nilly, but that's actually the most damaging. Lose a portal, kill the trade value of an item.:tongue:
The most useless is Anya's gift of a rare class specific item, but at least you can get some gold out of the deal.
The most outdated is the Ashera portion of the Blade of the Old Religion quest. After you talk to Ormus you are told to talk to Ashera. She says something about not needing as many Iron Wolves to guard the village. In Classic she gives you a Act 3 merc. In LOD, it gives you absolutely nothing.:undecided:
i voted for the ormus quest since i have yet (after 5 years) to ever get a ring out of it that i would actually use. but its a tie or very close second to the nith quest. call me silly (and not very good at trading) but i kinda like being able to personalize an item. i used it on a spirit monarch from the original "Ultimate Quest" group from here on the fourms, and now my regular sorc has a good tribute item.
Yes indeed, I knew about that but wouldn't make a special option for it, since it's included in the Ormus quest. I guess only the veterans know about that specificity ...
Another very useless example is the Cube Quest in NM and Hell, since you're supposed to already have it from Normal :wink:.
It could be great if you would get, for example :
- a 4*3 Horadric Cube in Normal
- a 5*4 Horadric Cube in Nightmare
- a 6*5 Horadric Cube in Hell
More storage never hurts :smiley: !
does anyone else think it's odd how it's Hratli who tells you he placed an enchantment to keep the monsters at bay, and then tells you about the gidbin blade, but once you've found it you have to give the blade to Ormus?
So, whose spell is it? If it's Hratli's spell, then why is it Ormus who restores it? And if it's Ormus' spell, why do we get the quest from Hratli?
Or maybe it's just my copy of d2 that's bugged.
In my opinion the most useless quest is The Tainted Sun quest, where you have to go to the claw viper tomb where you have to go anyway for the amulet, because there's an eclipse...
The entirety of act2 is pretty useless, i mean, expecting me to do loads of quests to be able to kill duriel, what a joke.
Yes maybe, but it's not completely useless since you're forced to do it to complete the staff :grin: !
About the earlier comment regarding Asheara's part in the Ormus quest - she does give you a free a3 merc in LoD, I believe, IF you don't have a merc with you at the time. So if you completely ignore mercs till you've hit the flayer dungeon, you can get a free iron wolf. Yay!
I voted for the Countess quest reward, since that chest popping is lame, but there are two others that come to mind.
In a2, getting to see the symbol of the true tomb of Tal Rasha. Lame! I don't even bother looking at that, because I already know before Summoner is dead.
And in a5, killing baal. Your reward for that? Yay, Tyrael and a cinematic, and the Matri/Patriarch title that ultimately means nothing!
Voted for the personalization quest, also known as the "kill this very dangerous monster for me and in turn, I will halve the value of one of your items!" quest.
I voted for other and say Khalim's Will is completely useless as it can be bypassed and you dont get anything from finishing the quest.
Yes but it's not supposed to be bypassed :grin:. It's still a needed quest if you play the game unrushed.