Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most underrated unique/set

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Element, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Element

Element Banned

Most underrated unique/set

Unique - Rockstopper Sallet - It amazes me how many people just shun this unique! It has great resistances (save poison), damage reduce, and a whopping load of vitality. Truely worth keeping.

Set - Aldurs Advance Battle Boots - If there's a flaw with these I can't find it. 40% run/walk is more than other sets and most uniques can give. +50 life, thats a hefty chunk of life for duking it out with baal and his minions. You virtually never have to stop either since the boots give +180 stamina and have a high stamina regeneration rate. And theres always the wonderful indestructable attribute so you can focus your money on gambling jewelry and other things.

Two of the most abused items in the game in my opinion... what items do you guys think?

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Nat's Boots: 40%FRW (I love high FRW) and cold and lightning resistances.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Maybe some of the unique staves (Razorswitch, Chromatic Ire)...They have insane mods, but when you get to lvl 42 and can use Occulus I guess they are kind of moot. Also many of the exeptional unique bows are pretty damn cool, even if their physical damage is kind of lowish. Iron Pelt is also a pretty good mid-level armor sort of like a mini Gladiators Bane.

As for sets the IK boots, gloves and belt are pretty good, and even without the improved set bonusses I think they are quite good, even endgame viable. Okay the gloves aren't all that but at lvl 30 they can give a significant damage boost.

Aldurs Boots...I've never liked them...Got around 10 if not more and when you think how much better the unique version is...same for green/golden cuirasses.

4. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

unique - bloodfist heavy gloves - IAS, +life, FHR and +5 to min dmg - a whopper for something that can be used as early as clvl 9

set - iratha's cord - +5 min dmg as well

both items very useful to increase the damage of beginning melee chars.

5. Dan334477

Dan334477 IncGamers Member

Unique: Eye of etlich. How can you NOT love this ammy? +skill, life leech, cold damage, +5 light radius, and defense vs missile? Quite a damned good amulet for early melee players.

Set: Civerb's Cudgel. I can't think of a better leveling weapon. In some isntances I've used this thing till lvl 35 on an Avenger. Its power also lies in its ability to be worn with Sigons set, making a very powerful character very early on.

6. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

I agree on the Civerb's Cudgel, it's sooo sweet, can use it all the way through normal and perhaps even further on.

I don't agree on the Occy, never use it nowadays since I lost a HC Sorceress, got hit with a bolt from a succubus and occy teleported me right in the middle of them instant death. Don't like that weapon at all have better rares to use now.

DX

7. Baedric

Baedric IncGamers Member

I agree with you on these boots but you forgot the 40-50% Fire Resistance which is also on these boots. ;)
    I would have to nominate the Suicide Branch as one of my favorite caster leveling weapons, it has:
    +50% Damage To Undead
    +1 To All Skills
    50% Faster Cast Rate
    Increase Maximum Mana 10%
    All Resistances +10
    +40 To Life
    Attacker Takes Damage of 25
    It is pretty sweet with the faster cast and +skills at clvl 33 you can't beat it and could be used end game if necessary.
    I also like Nightsmoke belt which has:
    +30-50% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    +15 Defense
    50% Damage Taken Goes to Mana*
    Damage Reduced By 2
    All Resistances +10
    +20 To Mana
    I upped mine once and it is definately viable end game in a pinch.

8. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon IncGamers Member

Hsaru's set. The boots especially -- %20 frw at level 3 is pretty sweet. It certainly speeds up the early part of the game. Additionally, it's possible to equip both this and the angelic set at the same time, getting full set bonuses from each. This combo work especially well for a paladin or a caster as early game gear.

9. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

Yes Hsaru's set is really nice. The shield gives +10 str, which helps to equip partial sigon's set at lower lvl and don't forget the CBF from full set.

I like full Cleglaw's set early on: high damage, CB, ias and mana leech . The knockback can be a bit irritating but the damage is so high that most monsters die in 1 hit anyway. Sometimes KB is helpful - prevents you from getting overhorded.

10. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Credendum... good stats, 10 res all... great defense.... Me likes ! :thumbsup:

11. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I've been using Skystrike on my strafer to run NM Andy. (Searching for that elusive SOJ.) The CTC meteor does a number on her.

- Noodle

12. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Imo the complete iratha's set is kinda underrated. I've gotten at least 4 guardians using that thing all the way through hell.

As for uniques... While it's not really considered a bad weapon, I think few people realise just how much an upgraded ribcracker kicks ass.

Nightsmoke is definetly a hot candidate for the underestimated items awards, too.

13. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

Nats boots get my vote. especially on my casters.

Cheers K

14. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

My personal favorite is also Nat's boots, but with how many times its been mentioned it may not be all that underrated.

Also IK belt and boots for an MF combo, you lose a little MF to Goldwrap + decent MF boots (lots if you have good Wartravelers, which I don't) but you get alot of other useful mods including 40% frw

Finally, noodle reminded me of my NM Andy Running, I used a Langer Briser with 58% MF. Great bow for a strafer if you are running an area where its damage is still reasonable. Works great against NM Andy.

15. Bazhell

Bazhell IncGamers Member

Unique - Shureshill Frost Mace. Not bad damage for and add the level 9 Frozen Orb and you have a very good weapon. Ok it's not cheap to repair the charges, but it's doable. Used it on switch with my throw barb and Diablo never knew what hit him in Nightmare.

Set - Hwanin's Justice a class level 28 item that has 40% IAS and does 45-162 damage plus good AR increase. a great weapon for a might merc well into NM is not through it.

16. tigercan

tigercan IncGamers Member

I'm with fishy - Iratha's set is great, even at higher levels.

Uniques:

Crushflange and Goblin Toe, simply for the crushing blow - stick em on a fast hitting character (zeal pally, werewolf druid or assassin) and watch the bosses run away like little sissies.

Face of Horror is also great for ranged characters

17. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Woestave, my act to merc use it from lvl 28 to 75. You cant beat the blind target, PMH, freeze, OW, -def and 50% slow.

18. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Angelic combo > eye, and you can use it sooner.

My vote? A 'Rhyme' Bone shield (or some other varation). 25% res all, 'of deflecting', +25% MF AND CBF, damn that's a nice shield. My characters generally use it forever, or at least until they can use SS, if that's their endgame shield.

crg

19. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

I forgot to include the ff:

- Howltusk - even my clvl 89 bowazon uses this for crowd control. KB and Monster Flee in one helm. I normally use it on Rogue mercs.
    - Vidala's Fetlock - with +150 to stamina, I never have to put points in vitality until I am in clvl 30+; of course I play twinked. but with both FRW and +stamina, I use these boots until I can wear either War Travs or Silkweaves.

20. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Upped ribcracker is quite nice, certainly :)

For sets... Natalya's boots, but I think someone already said that.