Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most stupid death?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by mats, Nov 13, 2006.

1. mats

mats Diabloii.Net Member

Most stupid death?

For the moment it's my zealer I was just going to torchhunt with. Greedy as I am was just going to pay the Countess a visit. Piece of a cake of course. Somehow got stuck with a lot of archer's, belive it was 3 bosspacks. Why didn't I run while there was time. Just couldn't move for some reason. Bye, bye lvl 85.
    The real hurt is that I had found a Schaefer's hammer which is a real nice weapon when zealing around. Some other equipment was 2 Storm, Baranar's, upped Guardian ...
    In memorandum, isch.
    Mats.

2. tomatoman

tomatoman Diabloii.Net Member

level 83 whirlwind barbarian, normal chaos sanctuary, you fill in the rest -.-

3. xxmunkyxx

xxmunkyxx Diabloii.Net Member

hahaha the smart thing would be not to take a melee char into chaos runs because of iron maiden lol ;P

4. Tai.

Tai. Diabloii.Net Member

Melee chars love the sanctuary...

Just not those who use actual physical damage...

Cheers
    -Tai

5. turnips

turnips Diabloii.Net Member

Got a new computer with a working windows button...big mistake. At least it was just a lvl24 barb!

6. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ Diabloii.Net Member

I was fighting Nilathak and I had about 1/3 of my life left and he was almost dead. I figured if I could 'just get a couple more licks in'. . .I'd be OK once he died.
    Just as I killed him, he exploded a corpse right next to me. . .Scratch one Level 65 Frost Zealot.

I'm still miffed about that one, too. I had just found my first set of Gore Riders and was trying them out.

Damn Nilathak.
    :evil:

7. NightShade

NightShade Diabloii.Net Member

Forgot to turn the F-Lock button on my keyboard on....Alt f4 didn't save me.

8. YogiRat

YogiRat Diabloii.Net Member

Last year I was strafing my through the Flayer when the wife deceided to put on a video from the Live8 concert on her putor. "Hmm, Sting, wait, look it's Copland too! and Summner! It's the Police!" It was also "deeds". I gave her a lot flack for that.:laugh:

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce Diabloii.Net Member

That reminds me!

I pressed Alt+Esc once by mistake instead of Alt+F4. By the time I realized it and maxamized Diablo again I was good and dead.

-hps

10. wakiki

wakiki Diabloii.Net Member

I lost a lvl 30 barbarian while killing the summoner in normal difficulty for a friend back in 1.09. He had no magic damage reduction and no fire resist. I leap attacked over, he cast firewall right where I landed, and I died instantly. Then the level 18 guy who had called me for help killed the summoner himself and gave me my items back. He was like: "sheesh, I'm never asking for you to help me again!"

11. Full_Circle

Full_Circle Diabloii.Net Member

"Let me test damage on your barb"

*Hostile*

*Lv 90 Merc with Eth Reapers walks up to shieldless lv 31 Fury Drood*

*Splat*

12. Damicles

Damicles Diabloii.Net Member

Still yet to figure this one out. I was hostiled and killed on the bridge exiting rouge encampment. Best i can figure is it had something to do with the holy fire barb standing just outside the bridges end with a rouge merc shooting him. Soon as he expressed hostility, i died. Granted i was only lv17 but I was in town..... any ideas, is there an aura bug ?

13. tomatoman

tomatoman Diabloii.Net Member

this was in 09, chaos runs didnt exist, let alone in normal.
    i was rushing someone from these forums, no idea who though :eek:

damicles thats an old enchant/townkill bug

14. KnownAsJug

KnownAsJug Banned

vouche. 10 chars

15. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ Diabloii.Net Member

Go ahead and pick:
    -Sure, I'll duel your FB sorc one more time even though you're wearing dual ravens and I can't scratch you! (with a few more expletives thrown in)
    -Huh? What's that hitting me? I'll just port over there! WTF?! Still hitting me!?!? WTF DEAD?!?!?!!? Oh... guess it was that barb that hostiled a while back.
    -Gee... let's turn BoS on to get away from the CS zon that's right on top of me! Oh, ****, that's right... I lose most of my LR doing that, don't I?
    -CE/FE monsters take too long to kill with LF... I'll just CS it
    -Hmm... well that last zon didn't have 75% FR/CR, I'll try the CS thing again
    -Ah **** it, I can't NOT CS this thing, can I?
    -Where my javazons fail my hammerdin will suceed!
    -Oh, and there's the smiter I killed by not putting his resist gear on for the ubers. That was pretty stupid too.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. I think most of my other deaths are due to fatal exception errors or lag.

16. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ Diabloii.Net Member

A1 mercs can shoot into town. They can't aim at things in town, but should they miss their arrows will keep going.
    They'll hostile the people in town, and a partner. The partner will either run back and forth across the entrance making the arrows miss so they go into town, or will cast an oak sage (or similar) for the merc to shoot at, then recast it somewhere else so the arrow goes through where the minion was.

Sometimes the person with the merc will have a pally aura or 3 and have it chanted as well, enhancing it's deadliness to the unprepared. Combine the possibilities of might/fanat/conc/chant with the fact that merc do 1/2 dmg instead of 1/6 like players and they can get pretty painful.

17. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

I've got a good one! I really thought I was being clever.

My old Zeal+fanat pally was running through NM or hell Chaos, thinking, "Yeah, pretty easy. Gogo merc."
    Since a few of my older pally's died from zealing near OK's, I thought:
    "I'll be clever. If I see an OK cast a curse, I'll stop attacking. I'll use SMITE!"

Guess what? Melee physical attacks which ALWAYS HIT! are not clever around IM.

Smiting away, see a curse. Half a second later, DEEDS... Yeah. Always hitting fast attacks are really clever... :sad:

That's probably my stupid deeds.

18. LordPaul

LordPaul Diabloii.Net Member

I was playing my first char in hardcore (A healer Paly), so I wasn't much aware of the dangers going on...

Basically, I joined all and every rushing-kind game with high lvl chars on it, So it was just a matter of time. I got to this Baal run being myself lvl 36 and by the second run the alert sound came up. One and a half second later, a sorc next to me cried out and suffered a misserable death. So what would a smart person do? thank the Gods and leave.... not me. I just stayed thinking. "Oh.. wonder why they killed her...I'll just stay in the corner of the room to be safe".
    So I joined the next run and, yet again, the alert sound and a druid getting heavily pawnd. But no... the message would never reach my brain I just stayed. Next Run, I decided to make a portal next to me, "I'm so clever...in case they decide to attack me I'll just escape".

Blade fury flying my way ---> Alert Sound ---> deeds.

that was such a stupid way to learn about tppk.

19. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn Diabloii.Net Member

I lost my second zerker to IM in the cs. The first was because i got mana burned and it turned my zerk to a normal swing. The second time I lost my zerker was because I accidentally clicked a venom lord whimle im'ed with my left mouse button(which happened to be normal attack). Deeds! Both times i lost griefs, enigmas, annis, torches, gores, arreats, ss's, dungos, ravenfrosts, wizzys and spirit monarchs. what a bummer.

20. waflob

waflob Diabloii.Net Member

I think my daftest and most unnecessary deeds was a relatively low level amazon. She had been hit my some poison thing and the health was going down fast. I decided to run over to the nearby way point and get a quick heal in town. I didn't want to 'waste' a potion, so I just legged it.

Unfortunately, a lone archer fired a single arrow, just as I was on the WP. I kicked myself for that one ...

DelBoy