Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most ridiculous necro you've seen?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by LtDrebin, Apr 1, 2005.

1. LtDrebin

LtDrebin IncGamers Member

Most ridiculous necro you've seen?

By ridiculous, I mean really strong and/or rich.

I was playing with a lvl 80 something summoning necro. He had max skellies, mastery, mages, CE. He was killing so fast in hell. He had a Might mercenary with some pretty good gear: Infinity polearm (Conviction aura), Bramble armor (thorns), and of course his might aura. I did not see his helm, but I assume it was equally ridiculous.

The necro had an Enigma and was abusing teleport.

He had a point in lower resist but focused on amp damage, naturally. However, he was using a fire golem. I explained to him that clay golems are almost always the better choice, and he responded by saying that he's never really used it before. How do these people get to be so filthy rich?

Really the only improvement I can think of is getting a Beast runeword (fanaticism) on weapon switch and using that once you've used your summoning wand/shield to get an army.

I wish I was rich... :(

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

These commandomancers are so sexy. e,e pretty expensive. Only if I have a spare Beast lying around..

3. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Saw some guy who had it all. Bonemancer, sick items with perfect percentages. Even had upgraded Magefist "just because". Naturally he had 10 skillers with 40+ life, a near-perfect anni and 9 small charms with 20life 18mana or whatever it was. I think he was using something along the line of...

Rare circlet with +2 skills, 20% fcr, 17 dex, 50ish mana, 16 all res.
    Perfect HotO.
    Homunculus with something innit.
    Two rare rings with 10% fcr, dex and strength, resists and mana.
    Some cool crafted boots with like 10% mana regen, +8% mana, fire resist 2x, cold resist 3x, 30% frw.. something like that.
    Upgraded Magefists... for show, they only give like 30 more defense.
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Rare amulet with +2 skills, 20% fcr, 25 str, 60ish life, 18 all res.

4. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

In his case Gumby is clearly inferior.

Why on earth would he want or need slow? Even against Hell Baal why would he care about slow? Gumby is defensive in nature... with everything maxed out like that why on earth would he need defense?

The conviction will bump up the Fire Golems damage. Its not a big difference, but the whole point of his build would be to pump out stupidly large amounts of damage... a good offense being the best defense and all that.

5. sAYwQQT

sAYwQQT IncGamers Member

Waaauw :)

I sense some jalousy here. Why use conviction when you can get Concentration aura?

And for you people whining about "if I was rich", it's just up to yourself getting the values going. If you play on +NM you will find pgems and people buy pgems for runes. And runes buy the "OMFGLEET!!111oneone"-gear that you soooo much want :)

If you feel lucky buy a Baal GC for Um and start cubing on your own. It only takes one pala combat +45 life to make you richer than rich.

I. myself, cubed a coldskiller +39 life yesterday.

If you insist on using the necro in Hell diff, do it in the Pit outside Outer Cloister because its a high itemlevel area where expensive stuff drops occaisionally. High mf on a necro isnt really that hard to get and he still is playable with stuff of total value <ist.

Aight now kids go cry :p

-wQQT

6. Growlor

Growlor IncGamers Member

I don't know, but I suspect I would hate

the son of a gun.
    The reason is that I have been playing this game FOREVER and not gotten that kind of gear. This leads me to suspect that anyone with that level of equipment is a cheater and thus NOT someone I would want to hang with.
    I have been in games where some idiot 20 levels below me hostiled everyone, so we decided to just ignore him. You know what happened: he came out and stomped us all. I tried VERY hard and could not even dent his lifebar in probably 50 or more tries. Sometimes you just want to scream at Blizzard for allowing this. I sure hope they are doing better in WoW.

Growlor

7. sAYwQQT

sAYwQQT IncGamers Member

This has nothing to do with cheating. I would never use a third party program in D2 for alot of reasons. Some of my friends did and woops a trojan stole their accounts.
    If you can't create values and you think you put a lot of time into the game, well maybe you are not all that good with economy :p
    Please dont whine, doesnt make you any better :)

And btw Blizz is trying hard in WoW but people still uses bots there. You can report them there though :evil:

If you need any help with how to create values pm me I would gladly give you some advice if you didnt already read my previous post.

-wQQT

8. Growlor

Growlor IncGamers Member

Not whining, just stating my opinion.

You are correct about my not being good with the economy though. I don't trust any trades to not be dupes (cheats), so I stick to people I know or stuff I find myself.
    I don't think you understood my point. The rarity of those really high level runes borders on the rediculous. So trading p.gems for these duped runes and then in turn trading them for duped godly items is still cheating. This is made all the worse because some people are willing to pay real world money for these items. This means that there will be a strong incentive for people to find ways to hack the system. I believe the only fix for this is to not hero worship those who corrupt this game.

Growlor

9. sAYwQQT

sAYwQQT IncGamers Member

Naaaa... You are completely wrong. If you play ladder the only items duped are High runes like Ber Jah Zod Lo and Ohm. And not that many of them are duped anyway. I have been trading hrs for a few months and never had one poof on me. I try to get selffound items from people I know but occasionally I trade a HR from a total stranger.

Pgems= 20 pgems = pul = shako. Way easier to find 20 pgems for a newbie than finding a Shako. In that way the pgem system is ncie.

There are no people atm and the last LOONG time being willing to pay real life money for items because of the release of WoW. That way the D2 Shops have no reason to dupe/hack whatever you accuse them off. It worked like that in the beginning but thats over for now.

But you gotta realize nobody would EVER dupe a rune less than a HR. its simply waste of time ;)

-wQQT

10. Growlor

Growlor IncGamers Member

Unfortunetly, I don't appear to be wrong.

Although I really wish I was. I think eventually, this game will fade in popularity to the point that only people who really love it will play.
    I did a quick spotcheck and there are still D2 items showing on online auction sites. I beleive these listings cost money, so SOMEBODY must be making money or they would not be there.

Growlor

11. sAYwQQT

sAYwQQT IncGamers Member

And thus every item you see another player have must be from cheating, duping and hacking?

:lol:

wQQT

12. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

silliest ive ever seen was a double jah'd necro cirlcet, it wasnt that good either, 2 nec skills,20%fcr,15 str,10% increased life(from jah's ofc), and the rest was crap

13. LtDrebin

LtDrebin IncGamers Member

I'm on Growler's side.

I don't have the time or the motivation to mule around lots of pgems. I have well over 20 of them, but all spread out over 3 accounts. MFing takes too long and i usually get crap anyway on 9 out of my 10 runs. The good items that do drop may have been good 6 months ago, but not anymore.

It's these damn people with pindlebots, mephbots, and multiple cdkeys that is screwing up the economy for the rest of us more casual players. I don't even see the point of trying some PvP as Enigma is a requirement and I don't even have a single Jah.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Getting baaled by a bot using a hammerdin is always interesting. Of course the hammerdin has enigma as well as some other crazy items. It is really something when you get baaled by a bot in hell. The fact that a bot can baal so well in a hell 8 player game is kinda crazy. Even a mindless bot can play well in the hardest area if you are pimped out. And having such crazy items allows you to horde even more of them.
    /rant

In response to case that Gumby is inferior, I see your point. However, the necro had already spend his skill points elsewhere and he probably only had 1 point in fire golem (+skills). I think I inquired about his skill distribution and he said fire wasn't invested in heavily. In fact maybe it was given to him by an item.

Even if the golem is maxed, his damage is pretty low. I much prefer slowing of any way to small fire damage. It's certainly more effective in PvP if you ask me (I'm not a pvp player so maybe gumby doesn't slow, correct me if i'm mistaken).

14. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

The thing that mystifies me are these item sites.

Blizzard supposedly has taken an "Aggressive" stance on third party programs like bots.

Aggressive eh? So why are there bots that join games to spam advertisments. Chat bots are allowed, so nothing can be done about the endless lvl 1 spam bots named "kh23g45f378fvsdfhjg" in the usa channels. But chat bots are for chat, not for joining games. So what is this "Aggressive" blizzard doing about bots coming into games and harassing players with spam?

This is a question that everyone probably thinks about, yet nobody can answear. Where are these sites getting their items/runes from?

Do people honestly think each site has a team of players who stumble around the durance looking for the stairs on their way to meph? Actual people who sit down for hours running andy/pindle/baal, picking up any good uniques that MAY drop?

Where do they get these runes? Do they have people making chars, getting them to hell, to MAYBE get a gul? Then delete the char and do it over agian? The highest rune hell hellforge can give is a Gul. So lets see....

2 Guls = Vex-(2 guls)
    2 Vex = Ohm-(4 guls)
    2 Ohm = Lo-(8 Guls)
    2 Lo = Sur -(16 Guls)
    2 Sur = Ber -(32 Guls)
    2 Ber = Jah -(64 Guls)
    2 Jah = Cham -(128 Guls)
    2 Cham = Zod -(256 Guls)

So, to cube a zod, you would need to do 256 hellforges and get a gul every time, which has a 1/11 chance of dropping.

Hey wait, they could be finding their zods. Lets take a look at the best chance for a zod dropping shall we?

Hell Hephasto - 0.00000651% Drop Chance.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......I geuss it is possible. Everyone knows that you could play d2 your entire life and probably not find a zod. But TECHNICALLY it is possible. Thats probably why these sites are allowed to be here.

If your even going to think about advertising, you are going to have to have more than 1 or 2. Spamming on b.net channels? They probably have thousands.

These item sites sell zods for prices like 5.99. Thats a good deal considering they had to make 256 characters, Get them to hell, and MAYBE get a gul to cube. Or maybe they did actually did find it. Man they must be the luckiest people in the world to constantly find something with odds like that. They should just give up selling d2 items and try winning the lottery. They have better odds.

Now I'm sure blizzard is keeping their "Aggressive" eye on these sites, and will spring into action if any suspicious behaviour occurs. :uhhuh:

15. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

I feel their aggressive eyes every time I get realm down for half an hour while muling. Thank you, Blizzargh.