Most powerful pvp char?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
Most powerful pvp char?

Well, i've never really played classic much online but my friend has and he told me a few things. Since classic has an a lot less items than expansion (no runewords, high end uniques, charms, etc.) is there actually a most powerful pvp char? I know, there isnt really a straight answer for this. Obviously, it will probably boil down to a a few chars.

So my question is, what do you think is the most power pvp char/build?

My friend's choice is bone necro. Why? b/c no one is immune to your bone spirits and bone wall/cage come really handy in classic where only sorcs can tele. Iron maiden also comes extremely handy in combination w/ bone way against melee chars.

Of course other possible candidates are sorcs, hammerdins, and maybe others. So what do you guys think?

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
hammerdin and ww baba were very strong but I think the stronges 2 were the bone necro and orb sorc...

*priit

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
a 110 fcr fire sorc is pretty damn strong at pvp. Consideirng there is no absorb in classic and u can manuvere faster than anyone else it does pretty well. Even when my sorc duels opponents who have es/high life and wear hotspurs i win by playing very defensively. Against an opponent w/ 75 or below fire resist and low fhr (a lot of ppl neglect fhr) i just teleport on top and spam fballs till they die. Being stunned they cant defend themselves or run away.

a godly Frenzy barb pretty much owns all except other barbs. Barbs are pretty much the only decenty melee chars on classic. A few zealots now and then but their mainly 4 style.

Fred

dantheman5415

Diabloii.Net Member
I would have to say BVA barbs can do well the most consistently.
Just use Naga/BH along with Twitch and Swordback for melee chars, and a nice 2handed weapon with rattlecage/hawkmail for casters. And of course, lots in Increase Speed

Its always the speed that gets them ;)

TheCerberus

Diabloii.Net Member
dantheman5415 said:
I would have to say BVA barbs can do well the most consistently.
Just use Naga/BH along with Twitch and Swordback for melee chars, and a nice 2handed weapon with rattlecage/hawkmail for casters. And of course, lots in Increase Speed

Its always the speed that gets them ;)
Agreed. But bonemancers, hammerdins, orbers, CSers, lots of builds do well. If I had to pick one from each class, I'd go with:
1) BvA mentioned above
2) Hammerdin = charge
3) Fireball
4) CS Java
5) Bonemancer

Classics

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh you must mean "hammerdin"
Din is slang for Paladin or Hammerdin in classic. It's heard everywhere. DvD= Din vs Din, not Druid v Druid (which could easily be confused)

ethos

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Bone necro
2) Foher
3) Good hammerdin who knows how to desync
4) Orb sorc

All the above will beat a BvA fairly easily.

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
I vote Bone necro. The sorcs have the problem that sum 1 have focus their gear (3 soc sheild :eek: ) and make you do almost no damage against them as do FoHers. Its hard to kill a ranged char with a hammeradin.

Murrogh said:
I vote Bone necro. The sorcs have the problem that sum 1 have focus their gear (3 soc sheild :eek: ) and make you do almost no damage against them as do FoHers. Its hard to kill a ranged char with a hammeradin.
Yeah back in 1.09 I didnt really think of 3 p saps in a shield as really usefull and i didnt see anyone with that either....bummer. Now pretty much every single barb does that.... ok fine im exagerating...but neway alot do.

Orb sorc > Bone necro
any day

sculpen

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality said:
Yeah back in 1.09 I didnt really think of 3 p saps in a shield as really usefull and i didnt see anyone with that either....bummer. Now pretty much every single barb does that.... ok fine im exagerating...but neway alot do.
Thats due to the fact that most .09 sorcs used orb + thunderstorm. And orb did about 40% less damage. Also i believe they changed how cold mastery worked in 1.10. Now 99% of sorcs are single element so its worth it to just stack all resists into one element.

ethos

Diabloii.Net Member
Orb sorc > Bone necro
any day
Yes, i must agree that orb sorcs PWN bone necros. I mean, With my BM orber, I can stack on so much magic resist that their main source of damage is completely anulled; My orb DOESNT get absorbed by the bonewalls they hide in; Their attacks DONT kill me in 7 hits; Their attacks DONT Stun me; And it DOESNT take 15 perfect orbs to kill them; Oh, and i DONT have a delay time in between casting orb and teleporting, so cant get stunned by their NON-TRACKING attacks.

sculpen

Diabloii.Net Member
ethos said:
Yes, i must agree that orb sorcs PWN bone necros. I mean, With my BM orber, I can stack on so much magic resist that their main source of damage is completely anulled; My orb DOESNT get absorbed by the bonewalls they hide in; Their attacks DONT kill me in 7 hits; Their attacks DONT Stun me; And it DOESNT take 15 perfect orbs to kill them; Oh, and i DONT have a delay time in between casting orb and teleporting, so cant get stunned by their NON-TRACKING attacks.
Cheers to that. :drink: :drink:

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
ethos said:
so what will you do if the necro stacks cold resist? :D