Most popular build v1.10 necro

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
Peacrusher said:
I disagree... my summoner was the first and only ladder player I was able to solo hell with out dieing once. If I were a HC person I would play summoner above all others.

My skellies own any hell monster. PI's bah.. only need amp and they go down.

strong elementals... heh summon resists...

Hell I don't even lose skellies to diablo or baal... (one exception) My mages I neglected till I had my other skills maxed that I wanted... so propotionately my mage skill is weak/low so they die more often...

IN FACT... HELL act 2 magic immunes are a B*tch for bonemancers, and any poision immune boss is impossible for a pure poison mancer without another way of killing... Lower Resists does not remove poison immunities.... It may lower their resistances but the reduce poison length remains at 100% so it's like water rolling off a ducks back and the mauler coming at you barely bothers to comment "I think someone farted"....

I'm sick of people spreading misinformation... If you truely want to figure it out... play the char... and if you still think a build doesn't work for you... so be it.... There are plenty of others that are successful with the build you failed at....

*pant.... pant.... pant.....* Those who know me best know I normally don't go off like that but this quote pissed me off......

I feel better now....
:scratch: Err are you really telling me that Lower Resist does not break Poison Immunes? True it can't break all of them but it sure can break most, maybe 95% of them. Many Poison Immunes have fallen to my Necros Nova or dagger.

The problem with breaking immunities is that the poison resistance is too high for Lower Resist to reduce and nothing to do with a poison length ... Lower Resist is only 1/5 th as effective against immunities so any with a Poison Resistance over about 115% can't be broken by the best Lower Resist.

EDIT: I've posted now but I see in a later post you acknowledge that Poison Immunity can be broken and you were specifically addressing Poison Immune bosses ... and incidently I would add other normal but truely immune monsters ... but I think you are wrong on the actual mechanism whereby they are "unbreakable". However I guess it doesn't matter too much so don't get anymore annoyed over it :D

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
As he said befor, he's not saying it dosn't break immunities. Just that BOSS (ie: Uniuqe and Super Uniuqe) monsters that WERE poison immune STILL have 100% (ie: all) poison length reduction

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
memememe173 said:
As he said befor, he's not saying it dosn't break immunities. Just that BOSS (ie: Uniuqe and Super Uniuqe) monsters that WERE poison immune STILL have 100% (ie: all) poison length reduction
Yes, I saw that later and was editing while you wrote this :lol: ... he's still wrong about the time thing though it's just that they have too high a poison resistance for LR to break at 20% efficiency.

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
JoJeck said:
Yes, I saw that later and was editing while you wrote this :lol: ... he's still wrong about the time thing though it's just that they have too high a poison resistance for LR to break at 20% efficiency.
Didn't quite understand what you ment by this but all right that's cool

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
Siguesigue said:
And Gvandale. Your arrogance is apparently disproportionate to your post count, if your elitist arsiness is anything to play off. 600 posts and already judging people? :lol: Go you.
Two things. I may be arrogant (yes I am), and I may be an arse (yes I am), but at least I can read. How bout you?

My little flame wasn't at SIGUESIGUE, which is your name, it was...as stated...directed to SIGUS!

Scroll up to see a ******** post by him.

So while my petty 600'ish posts may not appropriately display my knowledge and/or experience, one that has been on these boards for years would recognize my name a long way coming.

peace...i'm out...

:buddies:

p.s.
I love good ol' fashioned flame wars!

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I 'spose I should answer the title, I only play ladder but from what i've seen the most popular necro around is the bonamancer

BONAMANEE PWNED JOOOOO!!!

Though my favorite build is p/s.

jmprockstar

Diabloii.Net Member
Siguesigue said:
Opinions are allowed in here aren't they? Am I allowed to have a preference? I can say "All Paladins are ****" and it would be valid enough, because it is an opinion- not inherently correct or not, capiche? If he doesn't like the idea of a skelliemancer, he isn't gonna build one is he? Or is that too straight forward? :/

---
This doesn't address the subject at all. It is not a statement of preference but a statement about the quality of a specific build. He believes that they "suxxor" in Hell (remeber the prepositional phrase ending Sigus' origional post, "if Hell is important to you"), but they do not. They are a perfectly fine build for Hell, perhaps even safer than b/s or p/s hybrids in some instances. If it were a statement of preference, then it was very well disguised as a "fact" ignorant of the truth.
---

You must be very proud of your achievements if you copy what everyone else says :clap: That way, *no-one* has an opinion! Everyone agrees! That would be interesting for how long?
---

Have you been reading Brave New World in your high school English class? Or have you been listening to Bad Religion or AFI with your friends while talking about how you hate the football team? I'm not talking about conformity as an inherent good but as a great way to make friends (Hobbes' "flattery seemeth wisdom" and Cicero's "obsequium amicos parit"). Besides, it was a joke. (did you see the smilie?)

Anyway, you've already undermined your own position. After all, what you state here is merely your opinion, if you still concur with what you said before. That means that what you say really has no bearing on the discussion at hand. Why should I care what you have to say, unless it is somehow rooted in fact? As you admit it isn't, perhaps you shouldn't have posted at all.

The truth is that what others have stated repeatedly isn't a matter of conformity but common knowledge. After you play a necromancer's various builds, you come to learn a few important things, like not using a Blessed Aim mercenary for a Summoner or the passive AR bonus from Poison Dagger. When one shares this information, one helps others playing necromancers for the first time, and they repeat it to others like themselves. That is the "repeating what others have already said" I meant. It's something of a tradition, knowledge passed down from 1k posters to the 100 posters. It is also much more helpful than "Summoners suxxor", since it offers a specific piece of advice about a specific questions instead of a general unfounded opinion of preference.

Finally, the correction of error isn't really "flaming" as much as it is "teaching" aggressively. If someone resorts to relativism or ad hominem attacks, then it's flaming. For now, this discussion is focused on the nature of contributing to fora. Or at least that's what I'll tell the moderators. :uhhuh:

Sigus

Diabloii.Net Member
Siguesigue was saying that you can have an opinion on any build and its valid.Thus when I said Summoners are suxxor, its as valid as saying the rock.
His statement does not undermine what he just said - he just says that I am allowed to hate thesummoner and that Im as right as anyone else.

As for this being a flaming war? No, its just a tostesterone fueled discussion. We havent resorted to petty name calling... yet. :drool:

Siguesigue

Diabloii.Net Member
AFI? AFI!? No thanks. Davey's voice is that bit too whiney :p

See a similarity in the name Gvandale? SIGU(E)S(IGUE)? Can I not defend someone who is patently a friend of mine by looking at his name alone? Sheesh.

JMP - I didn't read your post and I'm not going to :) I'm sure what you're written is very erudite and points a point across well, but I sleep fine at night thanks, I don't need the Valium that is your writing.
Fact is, and I live and die by it, that whatever is said that comes out of a person is an opinion. I might not like that opinion, but I would give my eye teeth that you had the right to say it.
Sigus said Skelliemancer's suxx, and regardless of "fact" or not, this is correct to him. No-one can correct him on this, just try to change his mind, because whatever you say isn't correct neither. Ok? It's opinionative. I can say my Kommandomancer is the best necro for taking on hell, and it could be true. Who knows. It depends on the player.
That is my belief and you will not sway it. If you are denying people their right to their own opinions, you are no kind of human :)

-Out-

Peacrusher

Diabloii.Net Member
Well... well... well.... Did I cause all of this????

Wow, I'm impressed.

Heh... Sigus' post caught me on a bad day... lol He even commented that he didn't think I was bein a prick about the whole situation... I simply was jumping to the defense of my beloved Summoner....

BTW... Achmel isn't the only unbreakable Poison immune... I've run into others throughout the game though the exact names elude me now... I mostly avoided them when the Immune to poison didn't drop, or I let my merc handle them... Not many but a few...

Anyway... Flamage... heh... you want flamage...

Comment: "YOUR MOM WEARS ARMY BOOTS!!!!!!"

Retort: "THEY CAN'T BE ARMY BOOTS, SHE'S A MARINE!!!"

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Sigus said:
Me Noob? Of course I am. I wouldnt say summoners were suxxor otherwise would I?

Still... they are sxxor :innocent:
JOIN GAME

sigusnoob/noob

I PWN JOO WITH SUMM0N3r~!!!\1

NOOB

Sigus

Diabloii.Net Member
Peacrusher I never sai Achmel is the only poison immune, but hes the only one you 'need' to kill :thumbsup:

But I love these lively debates.