Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most popular build v1.10 necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dirkjan, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Dirkjan

Dirkjan IncGamers Member

Most popular build v1.10 necro

Probably a stupid question because its probably out there somewhere, but lately I see a lot of necromancers walking with crowds of skeletons that dont even die to Diablo! (To me this is a surprise, I am only back for a week or 2 and now noticing the changes of v1.10.)

Did the skelets become better, do they have a chance in Hell and what is the best ordinary simple necro build if I want to play in hell and dont do PvPs and like summoning (but only when effective) and as less personal fighting as possible) Is it possible to kill baal hell with minions?

2. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

commando mancer

If everyone could get the gear, they would have one!

~Kbob

3. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

basically necro really is just 2 school, boner and the rest, to be a true boner one need the discipline not to wonder on other skills, the rest of them are more flexible. skellymancer poison can be mixed together, check out my School.

4. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

alllllllrighty then :scratch:

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Dirkjan:
    Disregard Dazuni. I think he's been :drink: a bit much lately. In 1.10 it would truely take a half wit to mess up a necro build to the point of being unplayable. The very popular summoner / skellimancer is what you're seeing pop up on pubby games. There are a few well written guides and a phenomenal enclyopedia (covers everything necro) stickied up top.

A full on BONER (all bone skills) can do sick damage when fully synergized taking advantage of (or not) the marrowalk bug. Great for PVP, see stickied guide thread above on page 1.

A full on Venomancer (all poison) can do sick damage as well when fully synergized. Very close to the 10k mark. Again, see stickied thread guide on page 1.

Then there are the mixes of summoner / boner...summoner / poison...

Starting to see my point?

Dazuni:
    I hate to be an azz, but a couple comments on your 'school'.

1. You should really investigate 'builds' by building them before you make posts about their usefullness. I think 'your school' is stretched a bit thin in terms of skills / stats / gears. Focus more in a specific area or two, and you'll see your killing power turned way up. Your idea makes me think of a non-synergized 3 tree sorcy. Ain't gonna kill...

2. Quit linking to that thing without giving actual information. You say there are only 2 builds for necro's in 1.10 only further's my belief that you are very well misinformed through lack of playing experience.

KYO:
    :thumbsup:

g

6. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Summonmancer suxxor too much. Build a bone or poison if hell is important to you.

7. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I disagree... my summoner was the first and only ladder player I was able to solo hell with out dieing once. If I were a HC person I would play summoner above all others.

My skellies own any hell monster. PI's bah.. only need amp and they go down.

strong elementals... heh summon resists...

Hell I don't even lose skellies to diablo or baal... (one exception) My mages I neglected till I had my other skills maxed that I wanted... so propotionately my mage skill is weak/low so they die more often...

IN FACT... HELL act 2 magic immunes are a B*tch for bonemancers, and any poision immune boss is impossible for a pure poison mancer without another way of killing... Lower Resists does not remove poison immunities.... It may lower their resistances but the reduce poison length remains at 100% so it's like water rolling off a ducks back and the mauler coming at you barely bothers to comment "I think someone farted"....

I'm sick of people spreading misinformation... If you truely want to figure it out... play the char... and if you still think a build doesn't work for you... so be it.... There are plenty of others that are successful with the build you failed at....

*pant.... pant.... pant.....* Those who know me best know I normally don't go off like that but this quote pissed me off......

I feel better now....

8. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Hmmmmm... lower res removes poison immune for act 4//5 creatures.

Plus who spends more than the least amout of time possible in Act 2?

I dont build bonemancers either... Im a poisonmacer :thumbsup:

9. Peacrusher

Reread my reply... I specifically address Poison immune bosses with poison duration reduction of 100%... IE baal minions....

And by the time anyone gets to hell they have to spend time in act 2... granted you do it and never look back but while your there it's torture.

10. Siguesigue

Siguesigue IncGamers Member

Pea, to put a cynical spin on things, there is a thing called "party play" many people are familiar with. Just because you can't down that Mauler barreling down towards you doesn't mean any one of the other 7 people standing next to you can't rip it's face off, comprende?
    How does a skelliemancer get his minions without a party?

It's all relative, I suppose :grrr:

11. Peacrusher

heh... ppl annoy me... party play for pubbies... ech... spambots... OF COURSE I know about party play... my bud and I party all the time... however Soloing hell is a pain for certain builds vs. certain monsters...

Why can't people get past that???

I'll admit i'm cynical.... plus I'm in a pissy mood today...
    :rant:

and BTW... skelliemancers have no problem getting minions... that's why the game offers mercs... all you need it one... worse comes to worse... attract and amp will produce a corpse or two .... though slowly...

And to save time raise some dead beasties in bloody or around pindle.......................

enuf said... I'm just getting more irritated now....

12. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

My skele/bone hybrid necro can pretty much solo hell ever since I got near to max resists. I could do solo baal runs, killing everything on the way there (though certain phys immunes take a while to kill inspite of amp damage, i.e. harpies in worldstone 3). Baal takes a while to kill too but I think if i can get some crushing blow gear for my merc, it would help with that.

Pretty much the only thing a skelemancer fears is Diablo Clone. His armageddon = dead skeletons. I hear that if you get 40+ to your mastery/skeleton warrior and high summon resist, they don't die as easily, but I can't see myself reaching that point.

But for normal gameplay, maxed skeleton warriors with max skeleton mastery have been improved greatly :D

13. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

If the skellimancer has acces to Pindleskin, just jump in his play-house-o-goodies and steal his guardians before they wake up. UBERL33T

sigus: your display of ignorance seems relative to your post count. Just get the game?

g

14. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

merc and the red portal leading to pindle = dead and free to raise.

15. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

I think this is the first time I've seen someone on this forum use the neologism "suxxor" in a serious manner. All the other times I've seen it, it has been someone being ironic, like "TeH BoN3R SuXX0r vS. My SToRmY!!!111" Sigus has walked into an ongoing mockery of people who behave like he does. How sad. Okay, it's not as sad as it is funny, but it is still sad. Sigus, have you played a Summoner? Did you play it well? How do you know? And why do you not explain your position, if not for the fact that you lack explanation? I shouldn't bother, since he probably has nothing to say that will contribute to this thread. :yawn:

Anyway, back to the original question, my experience has been that, at least on the ladder, players have begun playing necromancers to MF. Summoners don't require 1337 gear to make their way through hell because, as Peacrusher already mentioned, summoners have the ability to counter any monster attribute that plagues another build. Particularly, Amp for PhI, LR for PoiI, and CE for anything that moves.. or doesn't move. CE is just a great skill.

Also, summoners don't have to wear great items all the time to be effective. They can "buff" their summons by wearing full +skills then trade out skills equipment for MF equipment. All you have to do is make sure you stay out of the way of Black Souls and Archers (easier said than done, I realize). It works great. I MF with 400+, now that I have a Tomb Reaver on my summoner Merc--which I found with my summoner in the Pit (tooting my own horn; forgive me). :drool:

My summoner gives me the MF to finance the building of other characters, such as my current poisonmancer.

16. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

gavndale: My posts aren't high in number, but I feign experience by repeating what everyone else says. Just look at my previous post!

Sigus, you might want to start doing the same! :uhhuh:

17. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

What do you think the rest of us do? :shhh: ;)

18. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Hah, I think you guys have said all I need to say. Just a quick information about how strong a skeleton warrior can be in v1.10. Dirkjan, this is only to amaze you :thumbsup:

In a previous thread, one necro player said he had one skeleton (only one, no other minions or merc) dueling with Talic, one of the Ancients in Act 5. The skeleton and Talic fought for like 20 minutes and finally Talic died.

19. Siguesigue

Siguesigue IncGamers Member

Opinions are allowed in here aren't they? Am I allowed to have a preference? I can say "All Paladins are ****" and it would be valid enough, because it is an opinion- not inherently correct or not, capiche? If he doesn't like the idea of a skelliemancer, he isn't gonna build one is he? Or is that too straight forward? :/
    You must be very proud of your achievements if you copy what everyone else says :clap: That way, *no-one* has an opinion! Everyone agrees! That would be interesting for how long?
    And Gvandale. Your arrogance is apparently disproportionate to your post count, if your elitist arsiness is anything to play off. 600 posts and already judging people? :lol: Go you.

20. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

The suxxor was supposed to be ironic. I dont conceed any ground... but agree to disagree.

My poisonmancer can solo through hell... even if it means using Terror and running past em. Nothing that 'needs' to be killed is immune. That goes from Andarial to the anceints... but yes I need my merc the the 1 poison immune in baals minions.