Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most/Least Favorite Bounties in RoS?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

I've been surveying people lately on which bounties stick out in their memories as their most and least favorite. The idea isn't just to say which ones are the quickest/more profitable (or least), but any that are odd or different or amusing. Snitchley, for instance, or ones that take you to levels you never normally enter, etc.

I'm contemplating writing up a top 5 and bottom 5 in something of the style I used to do in the Diablo 2 era Flux's Decahedron columns, so some I'll happily steal some inspiration from replies.

2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

I'll second that my least favorite is Blood ties. Navigating the 1st level of the Barracks usually takes longer than the other four bounties in the act combined.

sent from my GalaxySIII

3. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

Absolutely anything in the Dalghur Oasis. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

A fair number of the "clear level 2" ones are worth it though.

4. DaneelOlivaw

DaneelOlivaw IncGamers Member

Got to be the Spider Caverns in Act 1 followed by the Barracks in Act 3! I would like to see content in lieu of randomization... Random does NOT equal difficult it equals Red A$$ing!!!

5. Urthop

Urthop IncGamers Member

Least favorite? Has got to be 'Kill the Spider Queen'. I realy hate the spider caves, and not because of arachnophobia. The layout makes it hard to find the boss in one go. Tend to spend enough time there for the arrow to show up and point me to the right direction (which tends to be the opposite way I'm going always). Also any kill Unique bounties in zones where it's hard to actually get the other kills in a reasonable amount of time, yes that means you Pandemonium Fortress.

As for Favorites, can't say no to bashing Bashiok :p

6. Ipos

Ipos IncGamers Member

Quick tip for Forged in Battle bounty (Defend Ironsmith Maldonado). Instead of taking the waypoint to keep 1, teleport to keep 2. You'll spawn right next to the exit to lvl 1, enter it and you will exit very close to the event, also the marker will show immediately.
    This way a tedious bounty becomes enjoyable, until they fix it.

7. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

None of my comments include Act V bounties because I don't do those, some of the areas are too big and unfamiliar.

Least favorites: The two in Act III that require you to clear Level 2, one is Barracks iirc and the other is Fortified Bunker? Mainly just because it takes a while just to find the Level 2 door. Same for the Level 2 type in Act 2 Desolate Sands. None of the "clear level 2" bounties in any of the other acts seem bad for some reason. I also don't like the "clear 5 waves" cursed chest event because on higher difficulties is has been really hard clearing all five waves. I don't usually get that 5th wave cleared.

Most favorite: Kulle or any other boss that is quick to get to. And really most of the other bounties I like pretty well also.

8. Catastrophe

Catastrophe IncGamers Member

Least Favorite:
    1) Kill the Spider Queen. It's a huge map with lots of dead ends. And the trash mobs slow you down. Plus the boss runs away! Thanks for everything! This bounty could award a bag all for itself and I still wouldn't do it.

2 & 3) Blood Ties and Kill Malthael. Finding Blood Ties is hard and no one enjoys playing in the Pandemonium Fortress.

4) Kill Belial. He's easy and quick enough to find, but he's not fun (or quick) to replay after your 20th kill.

5) Kill minor targets in the Spider Caverns. Because they can run off the map and make the bounty unwinable.

Favorites:
    1) Kill Zoltu---

2) Cursed Chest of the _______. Because cursed Chests really 'drop' experience, not loot, amirght? So we're going to pay you experience to go pick up that bundle of experience over there. Where? Oh here have a map ping.

3) Kill Maghda. (Or anyone else in Alcarnus.) Because I have the Cain's set plans and you're paying me 3M XP (T1) to farm something I was going to farm anyway. She's nearly as quick as Kulle, too.

4) Everything in A1*, but particularly Jar of Souls and Matriarch's Bones. Everything in A1 is easy to do. The "clear level 2" bounties aren't hard to find or too long. And the events are fun. But the graveyard ones have an edge for also being quick. (*Except of course, the spider caverns.)

5) Kill _____ in Silver Spire 1. (Including Izual.) Because I'm farming the keywarden anyway, and this map has no events. A4 almost always rolls { Cursed Chest, kill, kill, kill, boss } or just 5 kills for its 5 bounties. So again, you're paying me 3M XP to run around this map blindly and look for a purple mob? What a coincidence! I was doing that anyway.

9. Catastrophe

Catastrophe IncGamers Member

Honorable mention: every bounty I've used 'once' to get the unique collection achievement, or the co-op achievements, or used to find purples for crafting mats. The bounty to kill Dreadgrasp neither notably painful nor fun, but when you need that checkmark you are SO HAPPY to see it!

10. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Least favorite: Any that take a while (finding level 2 of a dungeon, having to kill 150 monsters on top of the elite)
    Most favorite: Most bosses, or any cursed chest/shrine.

Fastest is best in my book, since the goal is just experience/gold and caches.

11. Cipherthros

Cipherthros IncGamers Member

I'm not much of a fan of the kill 'x' number of mobs in the Blood Marsh bounty. You spawn in the swampland next door & it can take ages to find the correct direction that blood marsh is in before you start the kill count. Although that being said I do like the general feel of those zones, they're just a bit frustrating as a bounty so I'd vote that as my worst as it's fresh in my head from gaming last night.

To balance out Act 5 though I'd say Passage to & ruins of Covos are some of my favourites. The kill count looks high but you rack it up quickly because of all the scarabs so I'd vote for them as some of my most favourites.

Generally a fan of Act 1 & 2 bounties the most. I don't even mind the spider cave as I ran that content so much during vanilla that I know the design inside out pretty much to find the spider queen. The first bridge is always to the north east or south west of the map when you first enter. I'll try mock up a map sometime to show how to navigate the rest of the map. :)

12. Urthop

Urthop IncGamers Member

Ah yes, forgot a favorite. Act 4 Hell Rift. Always very quick, and an easy butt ton of experience if it's 'Clear Hell Rift level 2.'