Most humorous element

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Most humorous element

It has to be Tungsten. It sounds like "tongue", it's symbol is "W" (because it used to be called Wolfram, but that's beside the point), and is pretty much only known for being used as lightbulb filaments.

What do you think is the most humorous element?

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
Merick said:
It has to be Tungsten. It sounds like "tongue", it's symbol is "W" (because it used to be called Wolfram, but that's beside the point), and is pretty much only known for being used as lightbulb filaments.

What do you think is the most humorous element?
"Tung sten" is actually Swedish for "heavy rock". Fyi.

I like Seaborgium. "We are the seaborg. Lower your energy states and surrender your electrons. Your physical and chemical distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile. You will be ionized!"

The things they come up with in this web board...

Oh well... I'd say the funniest is... Technetium. Just look at the table: what the hell is it doing there? Why is it artificial? What makes Technetium so "special?" Perhaps the number 43 has something to do with it... :)

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
Speedwrath said:

Oh well... I'd say the funniest is... Technetium. Just look at the table: what the hell is it doing there? Why is it artificial? What makes Technetium so "special?" Perhaps the number 43 has something to do with it... :)
Plus it's named after me!

My vote is for "Lazarium" named after Bob Lazar. ;-)

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
Neon because I think Nissan

Xenon because i like Xerox

but seriously...i always hate looking for Lead(Pb) on the table...it's so out of place and the atomic mass (200 hundred something. something) always makes my chem claulations astronomical!

spindar

Diabloii.Net Member
Speedwrath said:

It is so special because it was the first man-made element, and if was given the name from the Greek Technetos which means artificial.

Spindar

"The Science Nerd"

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
n00b. Comedy unobtanium is where it's at.
its only a vote, why you so mean .........

any who i vote for 2
*looks who chemistry notes*

Name: americium
Symbol: Am
Atomic number: 95
Atomic weight: [ 243 ]

and

Name: californium
Symbol: Cf
Atomic number: 98
Atomic weight: [ 251 ]

cause who wants elements name after the usa, that is just a waste of a element, and both are high nuclear reactive so they dont even know what they look like, bloody americans,

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Without a doubt, it is Bi (bismuth)
I mean, say it... makes me go omfgrtflroflmaololwhoopiedoooo.
Hm, but honestly, its the funniest name. In Sweden its actually spelled Vismut, no idea why they changed that B for a V though.

And back to Tungsten. In Sweden, its still referred to as Wolfram, but thats just because we are cool (or because 'tung' means either 'heavy' or 'tongue-', while 'sten' means 'stone') Small children having their first lessons in chemistry would fall of the chairs laughing ;)

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
of the four elements, I always thought wind/air was the funniest, because it blows people's hats off. Fire usually means trouble and earth and water just sit there. yeah, wind is where it's at.