Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most Health Build

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by BhirdDhog, Mar 5, 2004.

1. BhirdDhog

BhirdDhog IncGamers Member

Most Health Build

Which build on which class makes a character with the most possible health? Is it Barbarian or can a Werebear Druid beat him? This is without items...and also making them viable killers too, like not forsaking all str or whatever else stat they need to kill just to pump max vitality.

Thanks in advance,
    BD

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Making a hammerdin based on this maximum life stat point allocation is in my opinion the most viable high health build in the game.

3. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I disagree
    I barbarian with maxed BO, all stat points diverted to vitality, and using a perfect wolfhowl, with a ring that grants oaksage.

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I have a lvl 87 barb pushing 4.4k life pretty easy. Once I get botd and gain 3 more levels thats 5k+ life without oak sage, huge dmg, 50% dmg reduction, 75% blocking, and mucho fast run/walk :king:

5. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

you can do 10k life with what I posted
    assuming a high level BO (45+) and a few +all skills on weapons belt rings, to boost wolfhowl.

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

the original poster stipulated no outside effects, so it would have to be a barb since they have the highest per level hp gain, per vit hp gain, and BO.

the old vitabarb build used max concentrate, block and shout, and this basic idea (along with new synergies) has become the .10 conc barb.

7. Saidinhc

Saidinhc Spirit of Wars Guildmaster

I think though if you take a level 99 barb with all stat points put into vitality, and max BO, and compare that to a level 99 druid with max vit, with 20 into lycanthropy werebear and oak sage you'll come out with more +life%

its something like 290% or so (compared to level 20 bo at around 90%) I think from this basic setup you can achive more life.

Just doing some numbers I came up with a barbs life (495 stat points at 4hp a point + start life + 2 hp per level * 92%) to be around 4287

the druids (495 stat points at 2 hp a point + start life + 1.5 hp per level * 290%) is around 4656

290% coming from the 3 skills, lycan, oak and werebear.

Advantage to the conc barb is that his defense bonus for using conc is 290% (combined with iron skin and the barb can have a much higher defense well over 600% if you use conc shout and iron skin). The werebear only has 120%.

Advantage to the werebear, the def bonus is passive as long as your in bear form (more stable than the on and off of conc). And the werebear can use shockwave which stuns for 13 seconds compared to the barbs warcry stun of 4.8sec.

The other advantage of the barb is the obvious more damage factor.. Masteries and skills are better than the werebears damage modifiers.

But if your looking for raw maximum HP values then the bear with max lycan and max oak is the way to go.

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

well, if you are going to include eq with the druid, you should be fair and recalculate for the barb with 2X echoing weps as well (or even 2 hoto's.)

or, what are the numbers for a druid without the hoto?

9. Saidinhc

Saidinhc Spirit of Wars Guildmaster

Just for clarification, I used no equipment in my calculations. Only maxed skills available to each class.

As for more clafication, the act of adding +1 all skills benefits the druids life bonus% (10% 5 each for lycan and oak approx) rather than the barbs (approx 3% for another level bo). --2 echoing swords is +6 bo which is around 15-18% more life. A Hoto and a lidless on a druid +4 all gives 20% added.

In conclusion. The druid and barb benefit almost the same from +skills(druid getting the better deal) as long as they have a large base of HP. The druid benefits more from adding directly to HP rather than adding vit. The barb benefits more from adding to vitality.

10. symvar

symvar IncGamers Member

i got a barb just for bo on 2nd comp, he has 6000 life with bo and 8000 life in werewolf form... thats with lvl 48 bo ;p