Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most Fun untwinked build?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by uReBoNeD, Apr 10, 2005.

1. uReBoNeD

uReBoNeD Diabloii.Net Member

Most Fun untwinked build?

Well I made a lvl 69 skellie mancer but they're so boring to play.. so are sorcs.. so are there any other characters you can build that is fun untwinked?

2. slappy sam

slappy sam Diabloii.Net Member

:p Lightning trappers, javazons, and tesladins are fun untwinked. I don't know why but for some reason the builds I play untwinked all seem to be lightning... I got those and a lightning sorc too.

3. uReBoNeD

Tesladin? Never heard of them..

4. darksentinel

darksentinel Diabloii.Net Member

Tesladin is a Holy Shock pally.

Try playing a MA sin, or a Hammerdin untwinked. In fact play anything untwinked, it's what I do. Spellcasters generally have an easier time untwinked. Trapsin, or druid are fun too.

5. leumas

leumas Diabloii.Net Member

In order to have a hell viable character in a full players game, you need to wear atleast 1 dream rw to make use of holy shock and hammerdin need atleast a wizspike to be functionable. Otherwise, BH spiral would be too slow to be any good use. Also, sorc(any build) need lots of plus skills item(atleast 10 IMHO) to really dig up decent damage with their spells. Unfortunately, All these items I mention are generally unreachable to newcommer unless they are really lucky. IMHO, the only truly untwink build for big hell games would be summoner/poison hybird.

6. BattleQueen

BattleQueen Diabloii.Net Member

I'd go with a Wind Druid. Cyclone Armor will take care of lack of resistances in an untwinked build. And Hurricane is one of the coolest things to have... :)

7. BattleQueen

BattleQueen Diabloii.Net Member

I beg to differ.

For +FCR
    Weapon: 25-35 FCR Spirit runeword : easy-to-find runes from Countess
    or 50 FCR Spirit Shard unique blade
    Shield: Spirit monarch ( I find a white Monarch out of every 5 Pit run)
    Rings: magic/rare 10 FCR x 2
    Gloves: Magefist / Trang's 20 FCR
    Amulet: 10-20 FCR crafted

For +skills
    Weapon: +3 scepters / +3 sorc skill staff can be bought frm NPCs.
    Helm: Peasant Crown +1 frm NM Meph
    Armor: Spirit Shroud/Skullders +1 frm NM Meph
    Shield: Lidless Wall / Splendour +1.
    Amulet: +3 skills can be gambled from NPCs

Easily +9 skills there. 8 player games often has Babas or CTA wielders to boost +skills with Battle Commands. Probably include Necro with Decrepify or Paladins with Conviction to lower resists or Salvation to boost party resists.

Untwinked characters are viable in 8 player Hell games. Just play smart & don't go running into hordes. ;)

8. uReBoNeD

I'm going to try a hammerdin.. it will be slightly twinked because I already have a spirit.

9. leumas

leumas Diabloii.Net Member

35fcr for spirit is optimal thinking, you would likely getting one with low 30s. A 35fcr monach is quite uber, it worth a ist i think. Anyway, no hammerdin with their sane mind would use a monach for sipirit RW due to it's high str requirement. Paladin specific shield was a much better choice. The unique 50%fcr shard you mention are quite rare as well. I play for 1 months already, and I only manage to get one.

As for sorc, all those items you mention other then the staff required intensive MFing which somewhat unlikely being done by most new commer. A truly untwinked character would only playing with shop bought goods or item that they pick up alone the jouyney. And there are none but summoner necro could do so.

I give you credit for the +3 sorc skills staff which can be bought in store but only provided you have a level 80+ character. Stills, I could hardly seen any sorc with a staff running around. I figure a shield was too valuable to a sorc that no sorc with their right mind would abandon it for a merely +3 skills staff. In my dictionary, A staff sorc equal to a dead sorc in hell.

Another thing, how many +3 skills ammy you manage to gamble for the last few weeks? I could bet you could count them with your ten finger. Futhermore, I believe only level 90+ character have decent chance to obtain a +3 skills tree ammy with gamble.

10. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon Diabloii.Net Member

In terms of fun, I'd say a fury wolf druid. They are so fun, and if built right, can hold their own untwinked in pvm.

11. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

I disagree, summoner necro is not the only viable untwinked build. You can take pretty well any build untwinked. Of course if you had better gear then you would kill faster. If you really want a fun untwinked build, go with a melee character.

12. mdkkns

mdkkns Diabloii.Net Member

I second that. An untwinked melee would be extremely fun. Casters survive well even if untwinked.

You'll probably have to spend some time mfing, but that's cool cos you can level at the same time. You'll probably have to be a lot more creative in using items, even normal items (for casters especially, cos a normal sorc orb can give you potentially +2/+3 to whatever skills you use.)

13. Rookeeya

Rookeeya Diabloii.Net Member

:clap:

Make a melee sorc! I've played 7 years. And Iw ill tell you, she was, and is, the most fun to play of any char I've built. Challenging? Yes, but anthing that is worth the time you give it is challenging. And she owns all until she hits Hell. Warmth, a cold armor... and something to hit things with. What more could you want? She used Angelics for a very long time, but that was simply because I had it. Enchant adds nice damage to anything melee.

14. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Remember "Untwinked" doesn't equal "Cannot MF", you can build up a char, and run NM Meph 200 times, and find good stuff, and go on to Hell.