Most Fun IK Barb?

wildjinn

Diabloii.Net Member
Most Fun IK Barb?

I've had the set for awhile and am finally looking to outfit a character in it. The problem is, which to make? I've looked through a few boards for the answer, but have mostly found answers from people that have played a ton of barbs before (so, without much reasoning as to why one picks an IK style), and I'm curious which would be the most fun for my play style. (less Tank, more Tactics) Basically, I'm looking for something that isn't necessarily super safe and kills pretty quickly. (For a hint on my playing style, I'm building another TS/DTailer, 9/2-Strafe/LF m'avinazon, Tesladin, and eventually Titanassin as per CRG's upcoming guide)

Concentrate/Iron Barb wouldn't ever get me killed, but it could be boring, I fear. A Zerker could be crazy, but still has the "I hit you, you hit me" thing going on. WW is a skill that is fun, but is it viable in hell for fast killing?

Plan for this guy is to Pat, then MF. Input on builds would be much appreciated. Massive Horking will take place with 2x Ali Baba's. (Hopefully with some eventual Ists) Right now, I'm leaning towards WW/Zerk/Hork, but we'll see what you guys think. :) And don't hesitate recommending the Iron Barb if it's fun. Just tell me why. :)

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
make in a pure WW-er, IK WW barbs totally tear hell apart :thumbsup:
add beserk to your arsenal and your ready to go :lol:

robin

DreamlessDude

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah the route is pretty clear. I am also making a ik barb as well but i am going to try frenzy(not sure myself how it works as i rarely use barbs) with ww. IK seems to work best with WW

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
I do not recommend frenzy with WW. It doesn't increase the amount of hits, but increases how fast you whirl. Basically you do a lot more clicking and a lot less hitting - kills your mana pool too.

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
What about a Leap/Leap Attack barbarian.

You don't see leapfroggies around that often and they can be riot to play.

NOTE: Leap is more than a synergy. If used correctly it can be a powerful crowd control skill.

steelsixtyIV

Diabloii.Net Member
You could try a Titan Barb and put all of your points in str. You would have a hard time getting to hell with no points in vit but it can be done with a good MP party. I think CRG did a ww spear titan recently. There is a build guide over at the barb forum by mikeyrat if you want more info.

ShriekingWillow

Diabloii.Net Member
My IK WW Barb is a pretty quick killer in Hell. He'd probably be even faster if I had Enhanced Damage/Fervor jewels in the maul but haven't come across any of those yet. One thing I do find indispensable is a Reaper's Toll on the merc. Soon as that Decrepify goes off it's game over. Like having my own personal Necro tagging along.

SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
my IK barb is a WW /conc and is fun/very viable in hell. Good for MFing!

put 2 shaels in the maul and thats enuff for the WW

have fun whatever you do :)

Stormie

Diabloii.Net Member
Indemaijinj said:
What about a Leap/Leap Attack barbarian.

You don't see leapfroggies around that often and they can be riot to play.
Damn, I just looked at the numbers, that could be a hell of a damage dealer! Maxed Leap Attack with maxed Leap synergy = +335% AR, +870% damage, wow! That even beats Berserk with all synergies maxed!

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormie said:
Damn, I just looked at the numbers, that could be a hell of a damage dealer! Maxed Leap Attack with maxed Leap synergy = +335% AR, +870% damage, wow! That even beats Berserk with all synergies maxed!
that is an intriguing build idea... the only problem with LA is it is sooooo slow. does FRW or IAS have any effect on LA speed?