Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most flexible char?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by bballguy, May 21, 2008.

1. bballguy

bballguy Banned

Most flexible char?

Hey all
    a
    wondering what the most flexible char is, by that i mean chars that can change gears a lot depending on situations.

thanks

2. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

Re: Most flexible char?

hammerdin, smiters. virtually no gear changes most of times. and a person with half a brain could do well. (b/nets are filled with people with less than that much brain. fyi)

apart from that bvc comes to mind

3. rottenapple

rottenapple IncGamers Member

What a cynical thought mystified. Yet, I agree, hdins and smiters are versatile. Also, Barbs.

4. mystified

but sadly true :grin: too many times have I seen a hammerdin boating he does 15K+ hammer....only to die so many times under blizz or FB..and still doesn't learn.

BTW, try looking at dennis' guide for 1Vs7 hammer. a bit of exaggeration when u say 1vs 7 but still holds quite true. smiter guides are also stickied and you will find unless its a hybrid, there is virtually no way of getting anything out of stash because you have built in sorbs lol!

now as for actual gear changing, necs do well, and so does wwsins in gm environment, where they do change gears under what is considered GM by both parties and still do good dmg. Plus they are not pallies

5. xxxkillerxxx

xxxkillerxxx IncGamers Member

Barbs excel when switching to proper gear in 1v1, especially if you can mule some extra items for some duels. Sorcs become too easy, druids too, you get enough ar to actually hit pallies, 63/105 fcr is a HUGE help vs necs/sins, you can strbug for massive desynch and you can give v/t's a good challenge (especially if you mule life/lightres scs) etc etc. Less-often used gear like clegs, doom, fury, wizard spike, andys, fcr amus and circlets will also help alot in certain matchups.

6. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

I would like to see the hammerdin that can take on 7 wind druids at once :smiley:

7. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

BvC or hdin pops to my mind when I read your description.

8. Perfect Hatred

A Bonemancer with revives should be almost invulnerable

9. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

every char with single target attacks or splash damage etc can completely ignore vives.

besides that, that's not what he asked for.

10. Perfect Hatred

I do believe he asked for a character that is flexible = can beat any other build without or with equipment changes. If someone tries to single target a bonemancer with smite you can use iron maiden and maybe bramble armour from merc to get thorns. And splash damage that goes past your revives is uncommon. I think only a tornado or a fireball will penetrate? Fire is easy to absorb or stack, use hotspurs and dwalf star rings. Maybe use scarabs as revives to make the wind druid hurt from ligtnings if he uses nados.

11. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

wait 180 seconds and your vives are gone. actually less since you dont start duelign directly after getting them.

if you go resummon then you can argue that bone necro has no chance of ever killing anyone then because the other character will just go resummon his life at akara.
    my opinion of vive necros is pretty low because they all think they are invulnerable with vives and play messy and die even faster than without.

blabla im out

12. mystified

actually smiter doesn't get hurt when attacking a nec with BA on for some reason...:S
    and attacking nec direct..well that's a different matter but I think its pretty much a sure thing that pally kills nec before it going other way. (can't remember how thorn worked tho...)

and if you are having to use a merc in a due (for thorn)l..well can't say tele bow merc pallies are weak can we? neither is a blizzer/Es blizzer of similar type, and vives suck due to time limit.

13. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I vote Wind Druid. Cyclone armor is such an awesome skill, you can take on everybody with no gear changes. No need to sorb, especially when that lame FoHer comes around. Well, maybe almost everybody.

14. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

pally n sorc both good mf, pvp, and ubers pvm for pally too