Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most Experience?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by vDEb, Apr 24, 2008.

1. vDEb

vDEb IncGamers Member

Most Experience?

I have heard multiple theories on which give you the most experience?

- Chaos Sanctuary Runs
    - Baal Runs

people get to Hell, rushed, and then do Chaos Sanctuary runs till around 60-65, then go do Baal Runs...

but what I want to know is, do you really get more XP from Baal runs than you do Chaos Runs?

I guess has anyone ever taken the time to calculate roughly the experience gained vs the time to do runs and how many runs you get in over the course of 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc...

whether staying around to kill Diablo or Baal are worth it or just hopping on another game

yada yada

thanks !!!!

2. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Re: Most Experience?

I don't play on battle.net so not 100% sure on this bit but.....

...logic would tell me people do CS runs to level 60 so they can do the ancients quest (which for most intents and purposes you need to be level 60 to do).

From there you now have access to Baal and can do Baal runs.

Baal runs are definitely the best experience wise once you get into the 90s.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yeah, however, a hammerdin soloing dia when the others do baal will get more exp from that, since he doesn't share the exp, but benefits from the full game. He might even pop in for the baal kill too, and get some exp from that as well.

4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

^______^ thats what I do, and yes it's very good experience and I've found many nice rares there.

5. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

I think the thing that gives you most exp for lower lvls (< 90) is uber trist runs. That's why you see a lot of them in the recent year or so.

6. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

well, For me the main reason i did Chaosruns is because they are much more interactive than Baal Runs.

2ndly, With the insane amount of botRunners for Baal runs, it is almost impossible to find a run with 8 players. For me, I do chaosrun and most of the time i get full players in game. Well, i think the exp gain this way would be much more than baalruns. as for ratio with time : EXP, i can clear chaos less than 10mins.

7. BPGest

BPGest IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about which one gives more experience, but what I do know is that I like baal runs more because you don't have to follow the Chaoser all over the place, you can just enter the Worldstone Chamber, hide behind a pillar, and tab out. I also die a lot more when following people around in chaos than from baal.

8. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

In hell before level 76 you suffer a huge level penalty due to the mlvl of the minions being much higher than your clvl. Before level 76 you will almost certainly get more experience from NM baal minions than Hell minions. I am not sure if this is also true for Chaos runs, though I do know even with the level penalty before level 60 the Chaos run will yield enough experience to make leveling incredibly fast.

9. The Demon Slayer

The Demon Slayer IncGamers Member

the most experience that u get, is uber lvling. i was lvl 6 and got to lvl 80!!! and it only took 20 min

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The lvl penalty only counts for level 1 to lvl 24. Once you reach lvl 25, monster level doesn't matter, as long as it's no more than 5 levels lower (higher doesn't matter anymore). Lvl 25-69 has NO penalties at all, except for monsters at levels lower than yours. You can see this pretty easily when chaosing glitched characters. From lvl 24 to lvl 25 takes at least 50 times as long as lvl 25-26.

EDIT: And btw, the part about baals minions is also false. A lvl 75 will certainly get much more expirience from one hell baalrun than one NM baalrun. At least solo, or with the same lvl characters in both runs.

The "level penalty" before lvl 60 (or rather 61 since you will level from ancients) isn't an exp penalty, it's the required level to do hell ancients. That's why everyone speaks about getting to lvl 60 to do hell baal runs.

EDIT 2: Actually, nothing in the post I quoted is true, now that I re-read it... except for the fact that chaos leveling is very fast (from lvl 25 to ~70ish

11. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

when i levelled my fire sorc from 95-97, i did it by a few methods, all involved solo'ing in 8-player games (usually in a pk game).

i'd hit: baal, Izzy and then clear out the River of Flame. doing a walkthrough of WSK I & II was also pretty profitable XP-wise.

when confronted with a ton of nasty fire-immunes, i'd just go to a new game.

12. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

So I'm just wasting my time screwing around in norm/nm and should take my chars to hell as soon as possible for the fastest experience?

Thank you for setting me straight.

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

That depends solely on kill speed. Some of my chars (blizz sorcs especially) level faster in NM because they can kill at players8 without problems or slowing down much. However, as soon as they reach lvl 70ish, I usually take them to hell ancient tunnels or pindleskin, to level to the early 90s.

If you're leeching, you should stribe to be either in hell chaos games, or norm baal from 25 to 40, nm baal to 60, then hell baal the rest of the way. I have no expirience with uber leveling, but according to the vids I've seen, it's pretty awesome to just stand around in a safe spot leeching all the way from 1 to 90 in the same game.

BTW, since the share of the total exp is based on the character level, many high level characters will appreciate as low level characters following them around as possible, since that increases their share. They do NOT appreciate low lvl characters running around getting monster attention or grabbing at every drop, however. With a little politeness (not grabbing valuable stuff, not running around, not opening seals unless told to do so) you can leech in chaos games pretty good, and the high level characters will be more inclined to make new games.

14. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

If it's really that fast I might start a leveling service over the weekends.
    another new fact to me. I know that experience is shared, but I thought it was based off the experience of the one who kills the mobs, and the ones "leeching" get a share of that. So you're saying that there's a bit of recursion here where the divying of of experience is done after all the levels have been considered? Very interesting.

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yes. If a lvl 93 is chaosing with 7 lvl 1s, the 93 will have 93% of the exp, while the lvl 1s get 1% each (still enough for them to level very fast). Replace one of the lvl 1s with another 93, and everyone will get roughly half the exp.

Easy examples to show how it works:

A lvl 90 and a lvl 10 chaosing:

- The lvl 10 doesn't kill. The exp now goes through the penalties the lvl 90 (killing char) has. Then, exp is increased by 30% (iirc) because there are two partied characters in the same named area, within two screens of one another. This exp is then divided between the characters, 10% to the lvl 10, and 90% to the lvl 90.

A lvl 90 and two lvl 5s chaosing:

- The lvl 5s doesn't kill. The exp now goes through the penalties the lvl 90 (killing char) has. Then, exp is increased by 2*30% (iirc) because there are three partied characters in the same named area, within two screens of one another. This exp is then divided between the characters, 5%% to each of the lvl 5s, and 90% to the lvl 90.

And so on. I used levels that add up to 100 for ease of calculation. I'm not _completely_ certain of what order the stuff happens in (espechially the lvl penalty the lvl 90 would suffer) so wait for a second opinion before you qoute me on that part.

EDIT: Oh! Just think I remembered something. If partied characters are in the same named area, monster exp is increased by 30% (the number coming to my mind right now) but if they're outside ~2screen range, ALL the exp will go to the ones inside the ~2screen radius of the monster death. This is another case where I need someone to back me up, because I'm not entirely certain.

EDIT2: Concidering my blood percentage, I'd prefer RTB or Orphan (or even Krishcan ^^ ) to correct any mistakes in my post.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  16. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

From L25 on, XP from monsters are reduced by a factor of mlvl/charlvl if the monsters have a higher level than the character. Before L25 it gets reduced far more massively. Apart from that, XP are shared according to the levels of the party members before applying that, just as helvete said. It doesn't depend on who is doing the kill, as long as it's a party member and you aren't too far away.

17. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

How come leveling in cs fomr 1-20 is fast but slows down for 20-25 then fast again? Also my lvl92 will get less experience if I party leechers than solo'ing cs in a baal game right?

18. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Below L25, a different formula is used. The reason probably is to make rushing not too easy.

If you make the kill and the others aren't partied, you will get all the XP instead of sharing them. However, if you need their help (and if it's just about finding out the name of the next game), it's probably better to party up with them.

19. leeuwvvl

leeuwvvl IncGamers Member

Hm, is that in party with others or not?

20. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Doesn't matter as long as you're alone in a named area. About the baal kill, being 3 in a party maxes the expirience due to a bug IIRC.