Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most embarrassing D2 moment

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DudSpud, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

Most embarrassing D2 moment

I thought I knew what that was 'til tonight. I have very little time to play, and I have just moved to HC, so I pride myself on knowing exactly what my build will be, where every skill and stat point will be spent, for the utmost in effectiveness for an SP'er - especially as I am not that rich. I am still kicking myself for those blown dex points on my recent LF/CS/FA guardian.

So I was basking in the glow of my new trapper, my first ever assassin. I marveled at the fact that I had just blasted NM Mephisto without spending a single point in either Str or Dex - 1.4K hp and still 70 spare skill points. And I was spanking the bad guys and sending them to bed with no supper. Yeah, Andrea the Trapper was leet...

I had such a great map that I decided to run Mephy for awhile. On my first run, my traps started lighting up a series of boss packs, leading me away from the L3 stairs. I decided to follow because the drops were good and the chests were better.

That's when I discovered what the Greeks meant when they were talking about hubris. Here is Andrea as she started off..

2. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

I am very lost...is there a missing picture or am I missing something?

3. huangfusong

huangfusong IncGamers Member

He's dead, Jim.

4. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

When I click on "Andrea" in the last sentence, I get a shot of Andrea's "A" and "I" screens - don't you?

DudSpud

5. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

I see your character screen and your inventory. I'm still really confused. I don't know what I'm not getting and it's starting to scare me.

*eyes dart around nervously*

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

DON'T LOOK AT ME!

*runs out of thread*

6. LacertaCK

LacertaCK IncGamers Member

Its ok, Psycho, I'm missing it too, its not just you.

7. Tensaiga

Tensaiga IncGamers Member

Well, it is because he left off in the middle of a sentance. He had the setup, but not the followthrough. It isn't that you don't get it...it is that it doesn't make sense.

8. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

OK, so maybe I'm being too obtuse. It was my first ever assassin, and I didn't realize one of the first things that assassins can do that none of the other characters in D2 can - even from the start.

OK, so I have always tried to maximize my advantages, down to every skill point, every stat point, and every INVENTORY slot...

Maybe I aint such the n00b. Thanks, guys.

DudSpud

9. LacertaCK

LacertaCK IncGamers Member

lol, ok I see it now

I was focusing too much on stat points and trying to figure out what gear you had on, didn't look beyond the charms in the inventory.

10. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

I noticed the charms were missing and the TP scroll as well and was left wondering "What? Did he lose charms somewhere?"...

11. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

So, what is your most embarrassing D2 moment. Scratch that, I am sure you never did anything as stupid as I did. So what's the most embarrassing D2 moment you have seen/heard about?

DudSpud

PS - To whomever cares - TP scroll is always in the fourth belt slot, on top of three Full juvies - I figure that if I burn through 7 juvies (four in belt slot 3) THEN it's time to bug out...

12. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

The key to unlocking the hint is that you have to consider the small things.

As for my stupid moment - IIRC, my first sorc was lvl89 before I realized that you can hold the right mouse button down and teleport multiple times. :duh:

13. mbain

mbain IncGamers Member

what about switching mercs and forgetting to take all of the nice gear from your old merc? hehe, we've all done that one, right guys? guys?

damn

14. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

c'mon guys - it's not that difficult is it ?
    The question is this: why is there an inv space used for keys ? Sins don't need them ?

DelBoy

ps - if it's something else, just tell me, preferably in plain English ...

15. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

10 bucks i win this.

i died to a bucket fireball trap.

a lvl 85 fan zealer with almost max HS.

16. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

lolster :laughing:

When I started up my first ever character I think I played through a couple of acts only with combat skills as I didn't know there were other skill trees!

:wave:

:hide:

17. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

There I stood. The mighty Andariel laid vanquished before me. My lvl. 91 command of the powers of lightning were no match for the foul demoness, especially in Nightmare. I cockily allowed my green life bulb to drain while I rummaged through the thrash for loot. I only saw the dark devilkin that snuck up behind me when those large red capitals spelled 'U R n00b. Press ESC to continue'

18. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Lol AJK. I take it this was HC.
    That has almost happened to me on so many occasions.

As a Summonancer, I often get lazy and distracted. I (in HC) usually turn away only to find out my summons didn't tank the enemy too well and that I was being attacked be 3-4 guys. Luckily (no skill involved) I've never lost a char to this.

My most embarrasing moment would've changed a medium level merc without removing his items. They were decent, but nothing too rare/important.

19. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

The dramatic writing may have led you to believe that, but I'm too much of a chicken to play HC.
    *cluck cluck*

20. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Heh. You're probably VERY lucky then. :) It doesn't mean you're "cluck cluck" though. I just really enjoy a challenge and like there to be a major penalty for minor mistakes (not always a good thing ;) )
    I know only too well the pain of a HC loss due to a really dumb and basic error, especially when going back to NM from hell for a little running.