Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most effective high lvl dueler?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by ElDrunko, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

Most effective high lvl dueler?

Hey, I was wondering what the best/most effective high lvl dueler would be. I was thinking about FoH pally but I'm not sure.

2. Amaruak

Amaruak IncGamers Member

I signed in specially to say something, wow.

Anyway, a high lvl dueler, 'all vs all', would probbaly be a BVC that is able to switch res to match his opponents.

He has the speed to kill bowas, the res/speed/dmg to kill javas, sorcs and FOH'ers. Although he will probably be beaten by an equally high lvl and equally skilled bone necro.

Maybe said necro is the best high lvl dueler. It all depends if you are tailoring your items to fit a specific opponents class or if yu use the same items all the time, if you get me. There are variables that mean defining the 'best' dueler is an intricate matter indeed.

3. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

'Best dueler' differs per person.
    And there's also the difference between team battle or 1 vs 1

In general I have seen hammerdins and necro's perform well.

Offcourse a FoH could do nicely, but not vs a char who puts on a whopping load of lightning res. Tri-topaz shields are easily made.
    Same goes for fighting a cold sorc, a tri-saph shield works wonders.

I don't really think there is a 'best dueler', but only slightly better builds for a very specific situation.

4. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

Im still not sure how would a bone necro do vs high damage sorcs (light, fire, orb), but I think he would win - but of course it means using lots of pots and millions of walls

5. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

why on earth would a necro use walls vs a sorc? to make himself more of a sitting duck?

no, I think he'd put on the appropriate tri p gemmed shield, perhaps even nozokan against an fballer, and some 30 FRW rez boots, spamm off a couple of spirits, followed by rapid fire, high damage spears, or even teeth if one can't get a decent lock on the sorc.

6. Deeds of Valor

Deeds of Valor IncGamers Member

I think the best overall High lvl 1v1 legit dueler is a pure bone necro. It has the flexibility to neutralize elemental characters and has many weapons against barbarians and paladins.

With that being said, Hammerdins who "desynch" or make the other person's screen lag will win 90% of the time even against a skilled bone necro or any other character for that matter. It is a lame technique, but most experienced hammerdins do it. It basically makes your screen lag until they charge right next to you and hammer you to death. They jump across the screen and appear right on top of you and you die. There really is no way to combat it.

7. Rawly

Rawly IncGamers Member

Tbh it is often a case of rock paper stone, some builds are better against others.

Against noobs FoH wins easy except maybe a bone necro, once your walled in your fecked as a paladin.

Sorcs always going to have the problem of ppl using stacked resists and items that raise max resist in your element.

Amazons just dont cut it tbh even javazon again max resist kills here.

Bone necros cant be neutrilised, as you cant add resists against spirit attacks, so they have a natural advantage, physical damage dealers will find it hard to pierce their bone armour 600+ life and shield (high block combo). paladins tend to get walled in = death, desync is always a problem but walls will help. only real problem is a skilled sorc, but most elements can be virtually neutalised, but a skilled sorc will wear you down

One build that is worth a mention and kills is max blizz sorc, if built well they will cut through even the most stacked resists and can cause devistation in a all vs all game, and if ppl dont have decent cold resists they die in one hit.

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

word, aside from very powerful blizzards dropping down on ya, they flit around with teleport. and can spam the snot out of ya' with 1400+ dmg ice blasts.

if you don't have "can nt be frozen" gear on, even with stacked cold resist, you will be slowed down dramatically as well, only to make you an easier target for the next blizzard, or ice blast.

that being said, all too many duells are one shot one kill events, followed (and preceded) by trash talking, and then naked kills... and people wonder why it just doesn't hold much interest for me.

I have duelled a few times, with folks I know, or folks that have demonstrated some maturity, and it's moderately enjoyable. however, those circumstances are not often enough to have made me skilled enough to be a good dueller, so I prefer to just MF/Level, which I can do in nearly any game. :)

9. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

I like dropping by lvl 20-65 duel games with my 85 zon. I get killed occasionally and definitely don't talk smack (I actually continually state "I suck", "Sorry bro, don't want to get in your grill",stuff like that), but it's a good way to get gold, lol.

I'll town and wait for some guys to start dueling, then run out and slaughter em quick and grab gold. After an hour of doing this in different games, I got about a million bucks. It will be nice gambling gold for when I turn 86. Plus, the fun of it was worth the time investment.

Hey, if you're going to come to a duel game, and carry 40k around, I assume you are OK with loosing it.

10. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

If you're doing that just to grab gold, then that's really pathetic. I can snag close to 4-5 mil gold in half an hour or less with a GFer while MFing a nice rare or two.

- Akukami

PS - It's a shame you're not on East. I would enjoy picking up the gold you stole from the other lower levels and gambling it myself. :thumbsup:

11. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

meh.

I can make nearly that much by making a nm cow game and picking up the 1,500 or so from each cow that drops to my Gsking/Gwrap/GF Boots baba, if I'm lazier, I can instead just sell the armors/gems that drop.

this also takes far less time, and I don't have to pick on kids 20-40 lvls lower than me...

I do know of folks that pk for gold. it's one thing, if they're carrying a ****on of it, and talking smack. it's another to single out games with people that are clearly inferior levels/build to pick away at it 20-40k at a time . . .