Most difficult/irritating enemy

Catathor

Diabloii.Net Member
Most difficult/irritating enemy

Hey, I'd like to know which enemies are the most difficult/irritating in your opinion. I really hate these Undead Stygian Dolls found at Durance in act 3. These guys are extremely fast and I was so amazed by their power. Well, it was my first mephi run without my friends. My hammerdin lvl 81 couldn't even hit them, cuz they were too fast for my hammer, and one of them took with 1(!) hit about 90% of my life. Well, my defence was at that moment +- 5k and I have 900 life. The first doll killed me almost and there were 5-10 more around. No chance I could win that. So I'm asking oyu guys: can you also give me some hints how to kill them quickly with my hammerdin? There are unfortunately narrow paths, so the hammer hits the wall easily. Please tell me how to kill these little things. Or is it better to (try) to run past them?

thnx in advance

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree that stygian dolls are quite irritating, they can be killed easily with a good merc though, as the merc is immune to their "explosion" (when they die).

The most irritating ones, imo, are the oblivion knights with their curses.
When they have enough allies around, they can be quite a challenge with lower resist/iron maiden (for a melee, of course)/weaken etc curses.

Dunglarien

Diabloii.Net Member
Imps!!!!!! i hate them.....teleporting all the time......i just hate them..... :grrr:

they just ceeeeeeeeeeeeep ooooooooon teloporting, its a living hell to clear a erea with those things, there not hard to kill but irritating........!

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Some bnet people are really weird.

Monsters... not so much, actually, They just behave like they've been programmed to.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
about stygian dolls and hammerdins in narrow spaces... run away from them. Really, if you MUST beat them, take them in the open, throw hammers, run, throw hammers, repeat. This will make them die before getting close.
Most annoying is nothing else than listers pack, when they stunlock you :(

Bhruic

Diabloii.Net Member
Black Souls (or equivalent). Sure, the dolls are annoying, but they aren't that hard to work around. Black Souls, on the other hand, are an absolute killer of anyone without max lightning resist. And even then you've got a good chance of dying.

Of course, the current prevailing theory is they are bugged, which would probably explain it. But still, I'd consider them the most difficult.

Bh

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say those damnable bots that tele to baal and give dirty tps :mad: Just kiddin, prolly the most annoying MONSTER aside from the lag monster that is...is prolly those oblivion knights *shakes fist @ IM curse*

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Bhruic said:
Of course, the current prevailing theory is they are bugged, which would probably explain it. But still, I'd consider them the most difficult.
Doing 200 - 300 dmg instead of 5 - 190 does sound like a bug to me.

Tim B

Diabloii.Net Member
MoonUnit said:
I would say those damnable bots that tele to baal and give dirty tps :mad: Just kiddin, prolly the most annoying MONSTER aside from the lag monster that is...is prolly those oblivion knights *shakes fist @ IM curse*

yeah. i like to play mostly melee chars, so these things really do my nut. :flip:

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
The funny thing with IM is... my "melee" char doesn't have problems with them, but my non-melees do...

Solution: the "melee" char is really a Skelemancer: I can take away the weapons from the merc and he's still completely safe, and if a skeleton dies I just make a new one. No problems here.

My non-melee chars (a bowazon and a bonemancer), however, don't go anywhere near OKs --- they can't protect the mercs.

MegaHunter

Diabloii.Net Member
i hate the fallen mobs cos they get respawned by the shamens and the little things on act 5 i hate them 2.

krifa

Diabloii.Net Member
With lower level melee characters I really hate scarabs (and their equivalents) because of their annoying habit of releasing charged bolts at me when hitting them. This is probably my most common way of dying because I always wait to long with drinking potions...

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
As a player that mostly plays weak characters, there is one enemy type I hate with a passion: spawners! Damn you, Flesh Spawners, damn you Stygian Hags and damn you, Grotesques!!!

Catathor

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
As a player that mostly plays weak characters, there is one enemy type I hate with a passion: spawners! Damn you, Flesh Spawners, damn you Stygian Hags and damn you, Grotesques!!!
Yeah, you are right, no matter how many bastars you kill, they always come back. and when you have killed about 50 of these little bastards, and the Spawner, you expect a bit of relax. But no, there are always new ..ehhm how do you call em? well these little things, I call em ****-eaters. lol

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
The most dangerous "roll" is OK lords and souls with a topping of horadrim ancients in the throne room, if one of the boss packs spawns with conviction blammo, you are dead.

- D.J.

Poke

Diabloii.Net Member
The most dreaded monster in my book would have to be the Salamanders in claw viper temple in act2. I am a rusher, and when I have to tele/run by them, if I get hit with one of their stunning hits, the rest of their gang circles around me and does the same. It take a good 5-10 hits to kill me, but with a billion of them doing it at the same time and their dang stun, it makes my rushing job pretty difficult.
Another monster I hate are the guys at travincal in act3 that can cast telekinesis (weaken me like crazy), blizzard, and lightning. When there are a pack of those guys, and the are special, I have a tough time dealing with them. OKs are also tough to my melee chars.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Lag monster, I guess. After that, it would be anything which pierces and does crazy damage. (think souls) Knights are not far from the list. I would agree with the person who said that Soul, Knights, Unravellers combo is very bad. :mad:

williamchan

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm black souls is the one i fear the most, since the lag monster hasnt killed me a lot of times... but then again in combos, ghosts, black souls, oblivion knights and the ones with stun and crushing blow is scary....

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, noone has said frenzytaurs yet? I HATE those things, my mercs never last more than a few seconds against each pack of those I face. And the worst is when you get EF/might in NM or H. They simply plow through my merc and head for me.