Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most commonplace to die

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MFdoom, Mar 16, 2004.

1. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

Most commonplace to die

this is a question to everyone- where do you die most, not just areas but situations as well, it doesnt happen often to any experienced player but im sure everyones died at least once :evil:

i normally used to get killed by lightning enchants on hell when i had no good equip to get resists- that really blew

2. IceDragon79

IceDragon79 IncGamers Member

undead stygian dolls. need i say more?

3. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

for me it's diablo without any problems, I don't count the number of death for only one fight with him.

also I note in HC
    the summoner is a great killer.
    archer are the doom of sorceres in act V.

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

diablo's pink linghtning attack, pindle and minions by a couple of succesfull charges :(

robin

5. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

Where haven't i died is more the question...(ueber player I am not)...lately though, while traveling through hell, I'm finding difficulty with packs of beetles with all the darn lightening damage...the hard part is then dieing multiple times while wheedling down the numbers to get my body back... Second to that is skelly packs, since I'm playing a zealot and LL is kind of a mainstay. I'm going to assume that I'll have another favorite place/monster death as I progress further (chaos sanc. anyone?)

6. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

May i remind you about IM on Oblivian Knights for melee chars. *shrugs*

And the pink lighting of death from Big D himself.

7. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

yeah...that was a fav in NM.... :cheesy:

I didn't have much problem with the pink lightening (did have to chug a few pots though). actually, I'm surviving bosses better than some packs or uniques so far. I thought radamant was going to wax me (lots of skellies), but he ended up being cake, and then, unique bettle pack, and whoosh....I lost count around 6 for working on getting the corpses back....developed some fun ways of using charge to run like heck from the bugs though...

8. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Oh I agree IM gets me on almost every melee character, subtle I am not it's all run in and bash till them or I die. But sometimes even when I decide discretion is the better part of valor I still get wasted when they decide to slap it on me mid swing. And also when you're using beserk to counter IM gotta watch that mana pool......

As for Diablo's lightning stand closer, get right in the big fella's jaws and you'll notice a difference, just make sure you have some fire absorb. His melee attacks weak so anything can tank in his face then its no more LBOD.

9. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

currently, with my first character to ever make it to Hell, it's to cursed bosses. my MA 'sin is used to just jumping in and dual-clawing everything in site. IM wrecks havoc with that strategy :teeth:

for untwinked new characters, I always have trouble with Coldcrow back in Act 1 normal. I really dislike that b!tch :rant:

10. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

In 1.09 it was Nihlathak. My friend and I had characters to run Nihlathak and the Countess together. My character made the game, but his hadn't done the Countess. He'd run her and wouldn't get the quest (since he couldn't) but every time, since it was for the quest, it would pop her big chest.

His sorc ran Countess while I ran Nihlathak. His corpse explosion got me all the time. I used an assassin with death sentry to pop the corpses first, but he'd always manage to get one, and it would kill me. The runs didn't last very long.

11. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

no, you MAY not :scared:

stupid IM curse got me so many times :( but hey, i even died to a trap and a fire once so :teeth:

12. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I hardly ever run into difficulties with act bosses; I guess I prepare for them to the point where I strategize well; for me, it is the random pack with a nasty unique, like ES/FE archer pack (killed my HC druid), or ES/LE/FE/Conviction Boss (Sparkfist anyone?).

When I was just starting out, I found Lister to be extremely dificult, along with Bremm, and Lord De Seis. I guess I'm somewhat jaded, but I usually manage to develop a good strategy/skill set for handling these goons.

Steve

13. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hmmm...

Archers with nasty mods in hell Pit (Extra Strong/Cursed/Might/Fanat or any combination of those... :grrr: )
    FE beetles in both act 2 and WSK (hell)
    Stygian doll explosions when playing caster/ranger chars
    IM
    Gloams, especially they are dangerous for my necro
    FE monsters for melee, but these deaths can usually be avoided

edit:

@ Robin

I have killed myself with fire too...I was running Countess with my sorc and got killed when I teleported to fanat archer pack. When I was trying to get my corpse back, I teleported to fire and it did enough damage for hit recovery. There also was 2 fallens who wouldn't let me run away, so I burned alive :teeth:

14. corax

corax IncGamers Member

id say itd have to be act 2 sewers in hell. i keep meeting this same pack in there fanat xtra strong skellie archers. n normally they hang out right in a doorway. bah.
    IM has never been a problem for me even though ive been mainly a melee player. i dunno why i just never get cursed with it. lucky me :innocent:

15. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Rakanishu in normal. I don't think I have many characters who have not died to him.

Looking at my death tally for Brighid I have to say it's quite diverse. For Mephista it was simple: Either Mana Burn or something bugged. This time around it's a bit different.

For alot of people I guess Gloams are ever popular. On the other hand, everyone with a Thundergod's and max lightning resist can't die to gloams, so those deaths are rather easy to prevent (unless you're untwinked).

Back in classic Duriel was my most feared opponent though...I used to play Amazon a lot back then and mercs couldn't tank didly squat back then. I've counted up to 24 deaths to him in those days on a single character. Of course we didn't have players 8 back then, so no decent level/skills when facing him.

16. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Classic
    1. Duriel
    2. Hephasto
    No other monster even comes close to these two.

1.09 softcore:

Most scored kills against me

1. Hell Korlic´s Leap attack (one-hit kills on several of my first eventual pats/mats. Several times (Ouch!))
    2. Hell Ancients in general
    3. MSLEs (when I was too lazy to check the boss or before I knew about their overpowered bolts)
    4. Diablo has scored a fair share of kills, on all difficulties
    5. Nihlathak (he is just MEAN!)
    6. Baal, actually. Especially for my necros.
    7. Gereral bad-a** minotaur packs.
    8. Oblivion Knight boss packs.

I have never died against:
    * Andariel
    * Mephisto (but it was close once)
    * Iron Maiden

1.09 hardcore:
    Oh yes, I remember them all.

* HotBabe, Fire-skills-only Sorceress with barb merc: LE Spectral Hit something minotaur boss in Hell Crystalline Passage (when I had switched to a cheesy Eth poison bow (since it was an FI boss) and had BAD resists)

* Diana, Bowazon: MSLE Fallen Shaman in Hell Cold Plains (merc, valkyrie or piercing Freezing Arrows set off the bolts before I know what abilities the boss had)

* Venus-Fly, Traps Assasin: Her traps set off a double-trouble Undead Stygian Doll explosion (minion + Extra Strong boss) in NM Swampy Pit

* Stabinia, Psycho Tourney Daggerzon: Conviction + CE Bone Warrior boss nova in NM The Pit (too greedy, bad cold resist)

* Bengt, no direct damage, no merc/revive Summoner/Lord of Mages: first incarnation died to The Summoner´s Fire Wall in Normal. The second incarnation went on to become my only Guardian so far. :yep:

* Mike the Mojomancer, curses-only necro: Hell Korlic´s Leap Attack when I had clogged up the Summit with too many Bone Prisons and had almost nowhere to go. His deeds of valor will be remembered.

Actually, I am yet to have a character killed in this patch. Amazing, but true.

17. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Agreed on Cold Crow. She hasn't killed me in Normal (yet), but I've come way too close too many times.

Like most have said, IM is often instant death for any melee build. For that reason, I go slooooooooow when Oblivion Knights are around and try to draw small packs of their melee support away so I can kill them in safety. Despite that, if I had a nickel for every IM-related death (I'm counting failed corpse retrieval runs in this, too) my barbs, paladins, and spearazons have suffered, I'd be wealthy beyond my wildest dreams. It was a lot worse in D2 Classic, too. Anyone remember Lord De Seis' old potion-stealing ability?

A lot more general: skeletons. They don't even have to be bosses. Since I'm almost exclusively melee, they get me from time to time or, and this more frequent, I lose too much life fighting them because I can't leech from them, then something else in the area eats me for lunch. This is why I think getting to Duriel is about 7 billion times tougher for me than fighting the big bug himself.

18. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

1- Duriel. As I play untwinked, he just jacks me up every time (big stupid slug man...I hate him)

2- As said before, undead Stygian dolls...whats the deal with them? :rant: Super fast and big damage...I'm almost dead before I realize whats even happening.

3- Salamanders/claw vipers in melee. My current sorc does fine with them (thank you FO), but my barb had a tough time with that really fast attack from two sides at once. I really don't feel that I should die from them, but oh well. :scratch:

19. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I seem to die a lot to those stupid serpents, with their bash or CB or whatever. They are the only monster faster than my assassin, CoS is a must. Other than that I hate Ssark the Burning, always cursed always extra strong. And before T-gods vigor, the Lightning enchanted Tree Lurker at the entrance to lower Kurast, especially when he has conviction.

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

normal tristram has got me a few times, and nm chaos sanctuary hurts ( i die there in nm more than in hell) but by far the biggest for me is OB knights, gloams and death lords that WP kill u (well, the entracne to WSK 3 and throne room) id say about half my hell deaths have come there on baal runs. once i can clear an opening to each of the lvls, im ok, but even my fishy dies there easy as when you go through the door, you go through first, so any grizzlies waiting there get to you first.