Most certainly not the last thing i'll ever wish for - Item find thread May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
I just found my first Lo while running Mephisto. Torn between Grief and Fort. Definitely leaning toward Grief. I can see either being put to good use, maybe a bit more out of Grief. If I get Grief and then find another Ber, I'll have to wait to find another Mal or cube up to it to make my Infinity. I have an abundance of good bases for Fort, and I have a 5os pb that I could but Grief into.
Thoughts?

xXxGrimmxXx

Diabloii.Net Member
Fort. Fort. Fort. Far more versatile RW than Grief PB. Eventually you'll have both, but for now, FORT.

/EndDebateBeforeItStarts

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, well, I considered what you had to say, and.... prepare to be disappointed.
I made a grief instead.
good news, though
Grief
Superior Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0x8d90406b
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+40% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +397

Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+3 to Attack Rating
+41% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+14 Life after each Kill
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune

You could say that I am pleased.

BlizzBallerSorc

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, well, I considered what you had to say, and.... prepare to be disappointed.
I made a grief instead.
good news, though
Grief
Superior Phase Blade
EthTirLoMalRal
One Hand Damage: 31 - 35
Indestructible
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 136
Fingerprint: 0x8d90406b
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
35% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+40% Increased Attack Speed
Damage +397

Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+3 to Attack Rating
+41% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
-20% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+14 Life after each Kill
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Eth Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune

You could say that I am pleased.
Nice roll on that!

I have been torn between Fort and Grief for a character I'm working on, and I realized even with trading I will be barely able to get a Lo, so I decided Fort + Oath will be better than Grief + anything else I could make. But I do have a 5os PB sitting around that's just begging for Grief!

BlizzBallerSorc

Diabloii.Net Member
I made this because **shiny** I have no clue what to do with it.
I actually was going to make an obedience last night, but I Googled the amount of sockets a GPA gets on my wife's phone and I suppose the text was so small I misread--it's 6, not 5!

I now have an Eth, Superior GPA that I wasted a Larzuk on. :( I suppose if I'm at some point in the future I'm rich enough for a BOTD I will have a great base for it.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't worry, Larzuks are easy to come by. Just make new characters that you will enjoy playing. I probably have somwhere around thirty unused Larzuk quest rewards

BlizzBallerSorc

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't worry, Larzuks are easy to come by. Just make new characters that you will enjoy playing. I probably have somwhere around thirty unused Larzuk quest rewards
True, I wasn't so much saddened by the waste of the Larzuk quest as dissapointed that I wouldn't be able to make the Runeword. I'd probably switch back to Insight anyway, however--the mana regen is just a little too nice for my current characters (sorc/Avenger).

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
lol, 1.07 duriel's shell so bad

Code:
Duriel's Shell
Cuirass
Defense: 638
Durability: 29 of 50
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 41
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x7c2dc6f8
+15 to Strength
+160% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +20
+111 to Defense (1.25 per Character Level)
+89 to Life (1 per Character Level)

Mostly_Harmless

Diabloii.Net Member
This is pretty, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Prefix 1246 Coronet of Life Everlasting
Defense: 31
Durability: 16 of 30
Required Level: 37
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x646ec684
Damage Reduced by 23
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
I feel very unlucky with the Council, after many tries with different chars and settings, nothing above Fal ever, EVER dropped. In the last few days I've been trying on p3 with a horking barb for 1-3 hours everyday, best results: 2 Fals yesterday, 2 Lums today. I will keep trying. :/

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like your runs are too slow, or you only play 30 minutes a day. Some guys around here are crazy enough to make close to 1,000 runs a day, and that's not even exaggerating...

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't know, I usually make 1 run per minute. I tele with enigma (50%fcr), kill them, hork (46%), dig a little bit through gold (in italian it's a very crowded screen), then esc. Yesterday I found a Pul, my new record.

btw yesterday I witnessed a Zod drop too but I couldn't keep the rune because I'm an idiot. It feels bad :(

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Why in the world would you not keep a Zod? It only requires 1 space..
I apologise in advance if this goes against the forum rules, in that case I perfectly understand if some admin will want to remove the comment... but the story is too funny, come on. :)
That day I remembered having a character lying around in some folder. It was cheating pally I created about 7 or 8 years ago for the lulz of walking around and see enemies explode with holy freeze on (I am the type of person that likes to try things and mess around with game variables). Before you guys get upset and give me a permaban, I want to make clear that it wasn't intended as a farm char nor I've ever disturbed anyone with him in multi (I've never played multi actually), I just used him to do random stuff in SP, and obviously every item found by him was simply discarded. So that day, when I saw the files, I thought: "mmm yeah, I want to see again how ridiculously overpowered this freak was". After 20 secs of random walk in the frigid highlands, I pop one of those female barb corpses tied to a pole you usually find in that area, and BOOM! a Zod. I glared at it for a moment with no clear facial expression, and then simply uttered "...f**k". Fantastic, a legit Zod drop with a non legit character... I guess it's Karma. Interestingly enough, a few meters away an Ohm was lying on the ground too, dropped by a random archer skeleton. I took the two runes, stared at them for a while, and then deleted the character. And this, kids, is why cheating is bad.

matjex

Diabloii.Net Member
Hahahaha well I am no moderator, and I believe that the rule is that those hero editor programs aren't allowed. Well I used Hero Editor before just to try out some builds, never use it anymore though, it takes away alot of the fun :p but a good story, and I know that karma feeling right there haha ;)

Megalomania

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello

I´m very glad to hear about your karma experiences, I think there was something special about the day this little thing append!

Dazliare

Diabloii.Net Member
Shouldn't this thread be locked?

It is. I've no idea how you posted. Thyiad :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.