Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Morrowind: Character suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anakha1, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Morrowind: Character suggestions?

I'm starting up a game of Morrowind again. I never got very far before I got distracted by other things before so I don't have a lot of knowledge of the char designs. What are your favourites to play? What skills do you like best?

2. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Don't do unarmed/unarmored. It took me like 5 hours or something to max each skill. And they didn't turn out too well. I made a thief that I enjoyed very very much, although I've heard it's fun to be a wizard and just levitate above someone while you hurl spells at them.

3. Akira

Akira Member

Once you get to a high enough level and you're obscenely rich you can be just about anything you want. Granted your class will be called something, but you'll be able to do most anything any other class does.

4. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Yeah I'm looking for early character development skills. Wood elf or Imperial, thief char vs. mage vs. fighter, etc. That sort of thing. And the skill suggestions. So many possibilities! *hyperventilates*

5. Akira

Akira Member

i went with a nordic knight originally, but i accidentally saved over it (after it became level 48) with my dunmer assassin. D'oh.

if this is your first time playing morrowind i'd suggest a fighter, but be warned the demi-human races can't use full helms or footwear.

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

It's not my first time playing it, I just haven't played in a long time and never got very far in it. I played a theif before, wood elf. I was thinking of starting a nordic guy. They look like fun. :)

7. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

My favorite class had to be a tie between an assassin and a "tank." The assassin didn't really shine until I got some chameleon items so I guess that's out of the question (though it is plenty fun to sneak up to a Ordinator in a full room and slaughter him with everyone wondering "wtf!" afterwards). If you're looking for a thieve though, the assassin build translates rather nicely eventually.

However I found the "tank" build to be a generally fun, though sometimes cheesy (but hey, that's what hard mode is for) despite the fact that he'd eventually become item dependant to sucessfully complete him. In the end I had him at 299 armor and with 40 health regeneration per second, all and all while having max block. He could take on five High Ordinators. That's beside the point that he intially didn't need too much work and was ever expanding. I was able to take out an Ash Slave at level 3 or so, but that's probably more of a racial thing rather than the build...but still.

Other than that, I wanted to try a Dragoon build. It was supposed to be an off-shoot of the "tank" with the ability jump very high while having a spear. I guess that's where I got the name Dragoon from. Still, I had some rough plan if you want it. Eventually he needs to become item-dependant so be warned.

Anyway, if you just want some stats I picked, or would pick, just ask. By the way, max out Endurance and Luck asap since Endurance can get you lots of health which is good for any class, and Luck is hard to come by, but is extremely useful nonetheless.

Sorry, I'm a geek. : 3

8. Akira

Akira Member

Did you ever try killing lord vivec? That guy was a big pain to kill.

9. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Cool. Good ideas and advice. Thanks. :) I'm not looking to be a theif per se, just something different, which is just about everything, and wondering about people's experiences playing with various chars.

10. Maverikk

I'd assume he'd be a little difficult on hard mode...I've never really played hard much because I was having too much fun with making so many builds too worry about a challenge outside of killing some High Ordinators.

Nah, I never had trouble with him. Now, taking on guarded Lady "Anorexia" (in the Tribunal expansion) was difficult. She had five guards stronger than Vivec and had strength reducing swords. One magic shot from her would take off 300 or so HP too. I'd get frozen from wearing so much armor and than bam. Five elite swords would stab at me with a angry false goddess sharing the prowess of her period. Hard stuff there.

11. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

The game is so easily exploited. If you want to really have fun, then ignore everything you've read and play it like a real newbie. Monsters don't scale up in difficulty with you, so try to do every quest instead of power leveling. If you do, then it can be one of the best role-playing game ever made.

Just my two cents.

12. Akira

Akira Member

The only expansion i ever had was Bloodmoon, which is a cakewalk after level 40. Tribunal sounds fun though, makes me wish the EB guy hadn't talked me out of getting it. Oh well i got tron 2.0 instead and that was alot of fun.

13. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

That's pretty much what I was intending to do and what I did before. I don't want to level up like crazy unlike certain games we can't mention. I like to play Morrowind as it if it were real life and explore all my options. I just want to try it from a different perspective.

I think this time around I'll either try a huge armour-plated nordic mofo or a sneaky wood elf or dark elf assassin.

14. Akira

Akira Member

Asassins are alot of fun, i never presented a writ to a guard before because i just hightail it out of there and then bribe someone to clear my name, but hey it could get you off scott free so give it a try.

15. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

What would you say is the best race to play an assassin as?

16. Akira

Akira Member

No idea. Don't choose a nord though, they just look dumb in those black tights.

17. Maverikk

Writs only work with the person you're supposed to kill so you can't go off on a killing spree and expect a piece paper to save your arse, though humor would ensue otherwise. I've tried it once though. They say something along the lines of 'well as long as it's official, carry on' and then walk off.

About the Tribunal expansion though, you're not required to have a CD key for it so you can just get it from a friend. I'm assuming Bethesda saw it as little more than a mod and that they didn't really care to add any security to it.

18. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I think wood or dark elf would be best for it, but I just wanted to check.

@Mav: last time I played a theif I went on a killing spree. A quiet one. I'd waylay random citizens when they walked out of the views of others, snuck into the top stories of buildings and jumped the residents from behind and was otherwise all Jack the Ripper about it. It was great fun. :D

19. Akira

Akira Member

Clearly i meant the victim, we're assassins here, we must keep a professional demeanor.

Besides i could kill the entire game if i wanted to, where's the fun in that? No, it's the specific targets, hunting down the quarry and tasting their fear right before the final stroke as they scream in complete and utter despair. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

*ahem*

Yeah, um writs are your friend.

20. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Oh, but the fun part wasn't running around and going postal. It was selecting a victim one by one, waiting for the perfect moment and removing him from existence without ever being noticed or caught. Gotta keep in practice, after all. :surprise: Official victims lack total randomness.