Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MoreOfTheSame Mondaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fast Eddie, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Diabloii.Net Member

MoreOfTheSame Mondaily

...for me at least.

RL: Chores and TV. Maybe a little internet research. One thing that's different is that a friend will be visiting today, from where I used to live. He's the only person to have visited me so far, and this'll be his third visit. We're going to go into town, have lunch and swap downloads like we normally do.

D2: I started a char in the UllaV memorial 'tourney' and he's been a blast to play. Time just flies. More of the same, unless Dune6836 or TheReadMenace are around later.

OVG: I played some Civilization III MP with Pijus yesterday. Our plan was to team up against the CPU but the random map is so huge we haven't met each other yet, and two factions have declared war on him already.

2. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Re: MoreOfTheSame Mondaily

RL : My placement interviews will start from last week of november, so preparing for them.

D2 : Serious Meph running. Prolly I will start off with a new sorc today.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  3. Bluechip

Bluechip Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Trying to figure out how to make more money. Change career paths? More school (already have a J.D.)? Relocate? Want to get my own place but because of many bad decisions prior to and during law school, I have too much debt and not enough money. Girlfriend makes roughly zero dollars and I feel like we're just spinning our wheels here and wasting time. Something's gotta give.

D2: Started a Plague Javelin / Lightning Strike / defense Zon. Having lots of fun with her. Going to try to get as high a defense as possible on her.

4. Jason Maher

Jason Maher Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Still celebrating the mighty St. George-Illawarra Dragons winning their first premiership since 1979! Wooooooooooooo!!!

D2: err... ?

5. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

wayne bennet is a legend. can't believe the broncos ditched him.

RL: Work. gym. teething baby. love it.
    d2: leveling my sin as a fire trapper.
    OVG: got to get more fallout time in to get ready for NEW VEGAS! might finally get some borderlands going with my brother if he has time before going bush

6. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

RL: same for me here as well, nothing much changes. work all day, get home, coach football practice, eat, watch kids while the wife is out, sleep, rinse, repeat. I did enjoy some football yesterday, even though the raiders lost and the broncos won, they were both good games at least.

D2: new sorc in gold diggers tourney just killed andy, she almost got me first though, should have drank those antidote potions the first time!

OVG: D3.......in 2 years

7. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Just curious: what difficulty do you guys play on? I like the occassional game myself, but i feel i never got really any good at it. At the easiest lvl i beat them every time. The lvl above that i'm at ~50%. So any tips are welcome!

RL: Just home from work (traffic was horrible both to and from work) and now working on dinner. After that some BG2 until bedtime.

D2: Not today.

8. Pijus

Pijus Diabloii.Net Member

@Cyrax: I'm losing cities left and right on cheiftain :D

9. Fast Eddie

We play on Chieftain. Everyone seems to attack PJ left and right. I make my infrastructure sound and then gingerly explore, I don't really like the early game combat.

10. Cyrax

Maybe i'm not as bad as i thought :azn:. Personally i like attacking as early as possible (without losing too much speed in building new cities). Taking out a nearby enemy early makes a big difference later in the game.
    Regular horseman are usually my attacker of choice since they are fast and can retreat when losing.

11. Fast Eddie

I'm glad I bought the game over the fifth installment, but I much prefer Alpha Centauri. I'm trying to get PJ playing that.

12. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

13. Skjolde

Skjolde Diabloii.Net Member

A Gibson, very nice Noodle!

14. LeWoVoc

LeWoVoc Diabloii.Net Member

I hate you, Noodle. That thing is beautiful.

15. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Well, I've been making do with a Martin for the last six or seven years, so clearly I needed a new Gibson. . .

16. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Wayyy too much school work. Overloaded with 6 classes of work. Well 5 now. Test tomorrow, essay due ASAP, etc. It's a complicated/long story and I'm not actually taking 6 classes, but I have a ****load of work to do (for 6 different classes).

D2: I played on Friday because I felt I had gotten ahead on my work. Big mistake. That put me behind IRL and I'm still catching up. I made a sorc though, was orb/cl/l but I didn't like cl/l so I respecc'd to Nova. I like that, but what a mana hog, jesusss. I only played with her a little bit, but it was much better doing pit runs with nova than CL/L. I'm level 80. Gonna start putting points in Ice Bolt once the last one in LM is in. If that doesn't work once I start questing her through Hell... I might just respec to meteorb.

actually, just playing some now to take a break, and I really really love Nova so far. It's awesome.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  17. Jason Maher

Jason Maher Diabloii.Net Member

lol @ "making do" with a Martin. Rub it in why don't you, you dirty bastard? :p Nice guitar, by the way. Myself, I'm hanging out for a Maton electric/acoustic. Maton are an Australian company, and they make some very, very nice guitars. Pretty much every professional Australian guitarist I'm aware of uses them. This is the particular model I'm currently keen on:

[​IMG]

http://www.maton.com.au/products/acoustic-guitars.html

18. LeWoVoc

LeWoVoc Diabloii.Net Member

"Making do."
    Gah. Send it my way, I'll suffer through with it :D

19. Cyrax

Haven't seen the fifth (yet), but i really disliked number 4. Never even finished the tutorial. So i'm not sure i'll ever go for 5. CivIII PTW is nice enough and since i have little time i can't play it enough to get bored with it any time soon.
    Also never played Alpha Centauri so dunno if i'd like that.

@the others: i know absolutely nothing about guitars but they look nice enough to me. Just make sure you know how to play it :).

20. Pijus

Pijus Diabloii.Net Member

Just won my first game of Civ3 ever! Tiny world, chieftain difficulty, domination victory. I am very happy with myself right now :D