more than 100% c hance of deadly strike

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
more than 100% c hance of deadly strike

headstriker battle sword can have more than 100% chance of deadly strike at a high level. whats the point?
 

pugilist

Banned
well, say you were to use one on a barbarian, or on a character wearing peace armor: the critical strike and deadly strike don't add together they factor, so I think that would ensure 100% double damage regardless of mastery?
 

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Calizzar said:
headstriker battle sword can have more than 100% chance of deadly strike at a high level. whats the point?
Over 100% has no point, but having 60% at level 40 and 100% at level 67 is pretty sweet.

Eilo Rytyj said:
The cap is at 95% or 100%. Not sure which one.
100%
 

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with pugilist. Over 100% will factor in when applying the formula for adding critical strike and deadly strike.
 

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
100% of either deadly (item-based) or critical strike (skill-based) makes the other irrelevent: you'll do double damage gauranteed and no more (1.10+ uses the same formula for both and doesn't quadruple the damage any more).
 

sirmessbu

Diabloii.Net Member
This thread seems like the right place to ask.

I been told that deadly strike does not stack like crushing blow does. For example having goreriders and highlord would offer 2 different rolls for the deadly strike when damage are applied. I know that deadly strike can allow apply once, but does it stack or not?
 

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
sirmessbu said:
This thread seems like the right place to ask.

I been told that deadly strike does not stack like crushing blow does. For example having goreriders and highlord would offer 2 different rolls for the deadly strike when damage are applied. I know that deadly strike can allow apply once, but does it stack or not?
I believe the chance% simply adds together.

Say, for example, you're using Highlord's and Gore Riders on a level 80 character. Highlords at level 80 is 30%, Gore Riders is 15%, That would make a total of 45% chance for deadly strike, if this is the correct way. Correct me if i'm wrong, though.
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Eilo Rytyj said:
I believe the chance% simply adds together.

Say, for example, you're using Highlord's and Gore Riders on a level 80 character. Highlords at level 80 is 30%, Gore Riders is 15%, That would make a total of 45% chance for deadly strike, if this is the correct way. Correct me if i'm wrong, though.
No, you're right. It's Critical Strike and Deadly Strike that not stack.
 

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
DS does not stack either. Each source is calcualated seperately.

SO Highlords has a 30% chance and is calcualted. If it succeeds all other sources are ignored. If it fails then the next source is checked. So the 15% chance on gores is checked.
 

pugilist

Banned
Yossarian said:
DS does not stack either. Each source is calcualated seperately.

SO Highlords has a 30% chance and is calcualted. If it succeeds all other sources are ignored. If it fails then the next source is checked. So the 15% chance on gores is checked.


Can you prove this conclusively?
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Yossarian said:
DS does not stack either. Each source is calcualated seperately.

SO Highlords has a 30% chance and is calcualted. If it succeeds all other sources are ignored. If it fails then the next source is checked. So the 15% chance on gores is checked.
No. Multiple sources of Deadly Strike stack, unless they are both on seperate weapons.
 
Top