More Strange Happenings

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
More Strange Happenings

I know I've been doing this a lot, but some strange crap has been happening to me lately. For example, I was MPing with bob last night and we all took a 20 minuite break to eat. When we came back, I noticed that, in Fara's inventory of things to sell, were four Serpent's Small Charm of Vita. I have This and This to prove it. There were four origonally, but bob and I both bought one of our own.

Secondly, something strange happened to me when I was leveling my Poisonmancer. I was walking along in the Far Oasis when a huge flock of Black Raptors came at me from the upper level. They got trapped halfway between the barriers. Am I going crazy? Has my copy of D2 become corrupt or something? Or is it just odd coincidences and game burps?

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
??? hum mayby somebody joined while you eat and sold it i have no other clue.

the raptor thing i think is a game bug

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Do the ones you bought have the same stats & fingerprint? Very odd behaviour...

they seem to be the same, it was really freeky.
i dnt think it was someone entering and sellign them, cause raven left it open all the tiem so it woudl have been in the hat log that someone had entered. raven, post the fingerprint of yours, ill see if its the same. im nto sure if i will use them, definitly if there the same fingerprint.

mine was
Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 40
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xeba93ae4
+20 to Life
+17 to Mana
sounds very duped, but how did it get there?

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
This is exactially what it says...no one joined my game in that 20 minuites and I stepped out to get some chicken.

Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 40
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xeba93ae4
+20 to Life
+17 to Mana

ok, there identical, im deleting mine now. really odd.....
ive never seen a charm that good in my life, shame it had to be a duped thing.
but i still want to knwo how it got there. someone must have sold 4 of them while i was away without being detected by the chat log..

Select

Diabloii.Net Member
do either of you have a mod that you play outside of MP? maybe that could be the reason? makin things screwy from the inside out.

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't mod the game at all. Not the -seed command, not the -act5 command, nothing. How four identical dupes could appear in the shopping inventory is a mystery to me, but, out of good faith, I will get rid of mine as well.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, but it should be in the message log if someone came it, no? Besides, even if some did come in and not logged, why would him do that?

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
i've seen the foul crow thing occasionally. never with a large quanity of them though.

Bolinbrooke

Diabloii.Net Member
Snake's Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0xac999751
+16 to Life
+8 to Mana

Thats what a normal (1.09) one looks like.

Did u guys notice it says expansion on your charms, it was not spawned in 1.10 if thats what you are playing, which means someone came in to your game and sold them.

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
Listen to me. Listen very carefully. NO ONE CAME IN. I checked the message logs myself. Nothing happened between the time bob left and I came back from getting something to eat.

Bolinbrooke

Diabloii.Net Member
Well there are some interesting facts you need to consider, the item is tagged as 'expansion', meaning before 1.10 and the item lvl is 99, nothing was lvl 99 before 1.10, thre were for of them and the two you purchased were dupes. So they apear to be manufactured by someone.....