Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

more runewords?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by huangfusong, Aug 30, 2006.

1. huangfusong

huangfusong IncGamers Member

more runewords?

I remember seeing the http://www.diabloii.net/items/runes/runewords.shtml page when i first visited diabloii.net a long time ago and haven't looked since (i use arret summit). It says there's a ton more runewords that no one knows about, but the page is a little old (refers to stuff from years ago in the present tense).

what's up with that? are the majority of runewords still unknown after years of this game being out there? why wouldn't someone have edited the game files to see what they are before now?

2. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

It's not that the majority of runewords are unknown, they have to be activated in the game code for the server to utilize them. There are a ton of runewords in the diabloII files, its just only the few posted are active.

There are quite a few runewords to choose from, however the majority of the ones people want are the high rune combinations.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

All runewords' names have to come from a big list. Just because they haven't all been used doesn't mean they ever will be, or that anyone envisioned ever using them all.

4. huangfusong

everyone says that 1.11 might be the last diablo upgrade... what could blizzard be waiting for?

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Waiting for? Adding 100 (or however many) runewords would be a terrible idea. Not to mention requiring a huge amount of work. We have enough options for armor, helm, weapon, and sheild, thanks.
    There are plenty of items without set or unique versions too.

6. huangfusong

that was my point, the work has already been done right? if they've already made up names and stats for all this, all they have to do is turn them on

7. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

That's what people said about 1.10 as well.

8. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

It's just the names that are all in a database to be pulled from, not the item types or stats.

9. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

Item planning is a huge undertaking. I'm sure the last major upgrade DII will see is the Ubers implementation with the torches and such. I don't forsee them doing much else for dii...

However, thats how I felt prior to the ubers being implemented and then they gave us all a surprise, so maybe they do have something up their sleeves.