Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

more proof that you never find what you are looking for if

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mcsaladshaker, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

more proof that you never find what you are looking for

Ok ive been looking for tals armor for quite some time now, so ive been wandering in act 5 a lot, doing thresh runs, pindle runs and baal runs. Everything drops cept tals armor >< A list of the set items ive found:

Mavs helm
    Mavs bow
    Mavs armor (including 2 in 1 baal run)
    Gris shield
    Gris caduceus (Worked out perfectly cuz i traded lem + ko + pdiamond for helm)
    Nats claw
    Aldurs armor
    Trangs Helm
    Trangs Belt

All I need is Ik armor and i'd have completed every set before tals, the only set i was looking for in the first place.

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

I hear ya.. Ive done over 1500 hell mephisto and no Stormshield or Snarko. Those are the only two items I want him to drop, but I found just about everything else but valor from him.. ><

Lucky

3. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Hmm, when the ladder just started, my luck was quite good. At first, I thought I may need a gaze and I got one within a couple days. Then, everyone was talking about the pit, I thought I would try it for shako. I got it on the fifth run.

After that, my luck became totally random. No good items droped until I found a dimensional shard and an etheral zerker axe. Totally unexpected. Right now, I am hoping for an Ohm. But, realisticly the best rune I found is Fal.

4. annr

annr IncGamers Member

i've done tons and tons of hell meph runs and never one shako from him, however, the armor rack has dropped one for me :). and yes, it was unique.

5. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

2 down and 1 to go

In the last week I have found my first 2 Skulders from Hell meph and just 2 nights back.....my first SS.

Need to find some War Travs now and then ill focus my attention on Valor.

6. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

My luck has been sickening in the last week or so (to onlookers anyways). I had already found a Tal's armour out of the pit a few weeks ago, but I was running it intensely recently. I found...

Lacquered Plate
    Lacquered Plate
    Mythical Sword
    Colossus Blade
    Scissors Suwayyah

Mesh Armor
    Legendary Mallet
    Thunder Maul
    Balrog Skin
    Aegis
    Spiderweb Sash
    Balrog Skin
    Kraken Shell
    Thresher
    Wire Fleece
    Jewel
    Spiderweb Sash
    Devil Star
    Tyrant Club

Needless to say, I was pretty happy, and yes both valors are +2. I still can't believe how many white Hydra Bows I find though.

7. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

I've actually done a decent job of finding what I want this ladder season...
    After finally finding a 4 socket armor, and putting Ptops in it, I decided that I needed to find a skullders. Less than 100 E/S runs later my first skullders ever dropped.
    After a while I found a 27% Mara's, which I traded for an eth shako and some other stuff I needed. At that point, I thought to myself "I haven't been serious enough about finding a shako, now I HAVE to get one before this one breaks". I started doing Eldritch only, rather than E/S, because the chances of a trapper getting hit go down a whole bunch not doing Shenk. Less than 200 runs later one dropped for me.

Those were the only two items I've actually decided I "needed" to find this patch, and I found them shortly after deciding it ^_^

8. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

Its quit odd - To the guy that never have found a SS or Shako off Mephi hell..

On my first 150 runs I found 4 SSs and 2 shakos (one etheral) ?? - No wonder I was like WTF ?? and I found SS in two consequtive runs .. Now, that was weird...

Now, the last 30 runs have been nothing but blue :) - Guess Im not entitled to whine about that....

If only that Skullder could drop soon....

9. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

It was a discussion about char-linked drops many patches ago. I don't remember who or when. Its probably all speculation and rumors. But several people were convinced that some items would just not drop for certain characters. A sorceress had done 1000s of runs, finding everything but the Shako she was looking for. She made another sorceress for paralell item drop comparisment.

2 equal Sorceress characters, equal gear, equal mf %, equal level, equal places to do mf'ing, noting the results of both chars drops on 1000s of mf runs. The results may be a coincidence, but the difference in drops were signifigant. Seemed that one char dropped a certain "pool" of regular items. and the char had a total different "pool" of regular items. Some items would just not drop from one character, but dropped multiple times on the other character,- and the other way around.

Other people followed up on his testing. People that had problems getting certain items, made another char for mfing, and got a different drop-pool, and the drops they needed.

Offcourse I suspect its all coincidence and that the drops really are random, but still, who knows :)

10. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Ahh... the secret world of programming :lol:

No one but the programmer himself knows what is happening behind the scene ;)

11. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

What about the person who forces the programmer to submit code with...*shudder*...comments?
    Bah...it's called "code" for a reason, stupid everything >_<

12. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

It is random. He just tried two chars and it is too small a statistical sample to begin with. He should try, say 1000 sorc with equipment type A and 1000 necro with equipment B and see what is the real difference after 1000 hours of playing for each char, assuming that is done before bliz gets a new patch.

13. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Ill never forget when I got uber when I found my Viper, 35%! All over from there!

14. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

You have my deepest sympathies on finding such horrible crap. :p

15. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

I have done about 70 hell Pit runs and have found thus far - 1 Sol rune & Black Hades Chaos armor. This is with a skellymancer that has about 300% magic find. In the time in which I do 1 Pit run I can do about 25 - 30 Eldrich runs with my trapper. I am not sure which is the better run on my part but have gotten the Shako & Tal's armor from Eldrich. Hard to argue with that.

16. sohcan

sohcan IncGamers Member

Hehehe its luck mate, I have easily, and this is a conservative estimate, done 500+ hell Eldritch runs with my trapper and not found much to speak of except a verdungos and the odd nice rare. She has about 200% mf, but the exp from running E/S/P is decent in solo games imo, and its a pretty safe run.

17. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Lucky, don't feel bad. All I want from Hell Meph is a stupid Windforce or a GF, maybe even IK armor, Occy SOJ, or Constricting Ring. The crap he's dropped in about 2000 runs has just been garbage:

3 x Stormshields
    9 x Wizardspikes
    about 2 dozen Arachnid Meshs
    7 x Marrowwalks
    2 x Snarkos

Until he drops what I truly want, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

18. Mad Merlin

I hope you know that Meph can't drop Windforce, Grandfather, IK armour or Constricting Ring. (mind you nobody can drop Constricting Ring on the realms)

19. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

lol don't worry hes joking

I did an hour worth of pindle runs today....
    104 runs
    finds : Steelrend, vampirefang belt and a 302 thresher

20. Mad Merlin

Never know... and you wouldn't want people thinking that Meph can drop a Constricting Ring on the realms.