More proof ppl on Bnet are high or something

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
More proof ppl on Bnet are high or something

Well, sitting there in the trade channel, guy spams for a 5 socket Phase, which I have about 3 or 4 on mules (don't ask me, I'm up to about 12 mule accounts).

Anyhow, he says, "Name your price" and I tell him to offer whatever. I was prepared to take a couple Pgems for the thing. He lists a ton of stuff, and I say, "The Andy's helm would be very much needed".

So in game, he puts up Mav's Diadem, Andy's Helm, PERFECT Crown of Thieves (hello GF'er!), Halaberds Reign, Trang Helm, and ethereal Veil of Steel (hello Tank Merc!), and hits the Accept button.

I thank him and he says I got lucky because he was in desperate need. Well, the thing wasn't even worth any of the stuff he gave, but oh well! Guess they started drinking early today or something. Ironmans forever now! LOL

Sip

Banned
Reminds me of a trade i made yesterday. I see a dude spamming for ethereal highland blade with no or 4 sockets. Luckily, i had found an ethereal highland blade and kept it in my inv for kicks. I was planning on imbueing it or something. Anyway, I message him. He says a bunch of stuff, including "Um" shaftstop. I tell him i could use the shaftstop. He makes game and I give him the highland blade for Um Shaft and he even throws in an ali babba.

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
@-_-: I know, but I said I only wanted the Andy Helm, which I was surprised was even offered in the first place. He just wasn't listening and now he's poor by about 6 elite helms.

Lucky: Who knows, he came and went so fast in the game I didn't have time to write it down so I could spam him every day, "Looking for Cracked Sash? I have for WF!"

That was by far the most lopsided trade I've EVER made, and I guess it pays to be a packrat... sometimes.

Kazuya

Diabloii.Net Member
thats not really surprising i do trades like that all the time, i dont care if im getting ripped off i usually value my playing time alot more then trading time, rather sitting in chat for 10 or more minutes spamming endlessly putting up with idiots i just overpay for items.. Like for instance i offered a (ladder) trang helm + lidless + waterwalks for some guys tancred boots and he said what else did you have? it gets so annoying..
if you have wealth (me from my mephing) and dont want to sit around all day i throw in extra items

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually feel like that other guy too, but for me it's more of a combination of not knowing trade values very well and being really impatient. I'm not rich by any means, but back when I was starting my first Sorc (I believe it was only my second char in 1.10) I gave some guy a Buriza for Sig's Shield... he was certain there was some sort of catch.

EDIT: 800th post :rolleyes: .

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
I think everyone is missing the point! ;)

What I'm saying is... I know that rich people go nuts with the offers when they really want something (hell, I did it all the time in 1.09).

But I'm saying, the dude wasn't listening to me. All I wanted was one item, but he just threw it all up there. Oh well, meh. Phfft. :p