More Polebarb questions

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
More Polebarb questions

2 things:

1) I had on fortitude, but I don't like the repair costs/using runes to repair it. Nice damage increase, nice defense, but I'm thinking maybe enigma or leviathan instead. I know enigma is just as expensive as fort to repair, but I think having the teleport option may just help out a bit, leviathan is indestructible, taking care of my durability problem, and it also provides a nice damage reduction and str boost, but then I'll lose some damage.

What armor would you suggest to take care of these issues?

2) I currently have somewhere around 4 combat skills GC's 1 Masteries GC and 1 warcries GC, but since my polebarb lacks some serious AR, I was debating whether I should ditch some of the GC's for some fine small charms to give max damage/AR boost along to go along with ravenfrosts/arreats to hopefully give me around 5-6k AR.

What charms would you suggest to help out with damage/AR problems?

Thanks in advance for the input!

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies:

Souljer

Diabloii.Net Member
You could use the Horadric cube repairing recipe.

1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully Repaired Weapon
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your weapon. You cannot repair Ethereal items.

1 Ral Rune + Armor = Fully Repaired Armor
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your armor. You cannot repair ethereal armor.

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
Souljer said:
You could use the Horadric cube repairing recipe.

1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully Repaired Weapon
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your weapon. You cannot repair Ethereal items.

1 Ral Rune + Armor = Fully Repaired Armor
Use this Rune + Your Horadric Cube to repair your armor. You cannot repair ethereal armor.
I'm well aware of this recipe, but like I said, I don't want to have to keep the ral runes handy, not to mention, I'd rather save them for crafting.

Any more ideas? Keep em comin'!!

carrothers

Diabloii.Net Member
IMHO, if you're trying to save money, I'd not use the Enigma. I don't think it'll help you out as much as you'd like. I don't think the bonus of being able to Teleport is worth it. Every time I have to repair my Enigma on my Hammerdin, it's easily a few hundred thousand gold each time. Ouch! I'd reccommend the Leviathan if you're looking to save money.

However... sticking with the Fortitude would be what I'd do. It's plenty expensive, but if you just go kill Hell Eldritch once, he'll usually drop something you can sell for a ton of gold. Just doing quick stuff like that will net you enough gold to stay on top of the costly repairs.

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
Too bad we can't make runewords in jewelers (x) plate of self-repair. :(

Furthermore, I'm surprised that there is not one armor runeword that is indestructible, but there's like 3 or 4 weapon ones.

And since I'm ranting, :rant: why aren't there any extremely low level class only uniques? And they definitely should allow sockets in throwing items and give them some runewords. ok sorry, end rant :sleep:.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Erm, surely you can just pick up some elite rares and sell them for the necessary gold? It's not as if you're repairing charges or anything.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
dude...repair costs are harmless....Mfind for rares and magic armour and sell them for a crap load of money..

Hell, make a Wealth runeword, shove in 2 babs, and run nightmare trav twice with that setup... you'll have enough gold to repair all your stuff for a while...