Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

More Merc trouble

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by DaemonAkuma, Oct 18, 2006.

1. DaemonAkuma

DaemonAkuma IncGamers Member

More Merc trouble

I hired an Act 2 Might merc in Nightmare when I was lvl 1 and he was lvl2.

He is lvl14 and I am lvl16 and he has yet to use his aura. I have tried all the tricks; unequip and requip his weapon, let him die/ressurect, tried new games, tried letting him get hit a lot...nothing works. He refuses.

Glitchin? Or are there other alternatives I can try?

2. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

I'm not sure, but it may be that mercs don't have auras until a certain level.

3. DaemonAkuma

Mayhap. I'll hire another merc from there that isn't Might, and see if u uses his aura. If so, then I simply have some kind of glitch. If they don't, then there must be some lvl requirement....
    ???

4. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Just hold on to the one you've got, the Might aura will show up sooner or later.

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Low level mercs have troubles to activate their auras. It takes longer time before they do. It is becuase of their AI, which causes them to attack more often than activate their aura on lower levels. And it seems that they need to be close to monsters, otherwise they just walk to another monster, so let your merc fight them (don't kill everything before he will join the fight).

6. DaemonAkuma

lol he has been swarmed by fallen on normal long enough to stab them to death w/o a weapon equipped and still no aura. I just got a normal diff Defiance merc and I'll keep him til I'm leveled up enough to start leveling in nm, then I'll get a might merc then. From the new things I have read, getting a merc at a lower level doesn't make them any stronger anymore; it is determined instead by what difficulty you hire them in. I mean, at lvl12 he still had 41 life...a little difficult for him to survive :p Thank you all anyway for your help, it is really appreciated

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

For Nightmare mercs, I believe the cutoff point is level 18 or 19. Until then, he's not going to use an aura. I always go for a normal act 2 merc for a while for just that reason.

It was never determined by what level they were hired at. The only think that has ever mattered was difficulty level.