Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

More crafting questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Poisoned one, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Poisoned one

Poisoned one IncGamers Member

More crafting questions

so far I've crafted 3 ammys, and each of them have come out at aorund level 60 req, and the skills they had on them were to warcrys, is this just some sick coinkadink? or is my level ** char gambling for the ammys originally doing something wrong? also...can you craft off a crafted ammy? or not?

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

No you can't craft off of a craft. Crafting recipies require a magical (blue) item.
    The warcries are just coincidence.

For everything you wanted to know about crafting read Uzziah's Guide to Altering Items Ingame: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=258325.

3. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i belive the character lvl and item lvl of the ammy used must be when added, = to or > 181, or (clvl+ilvl)/2>90.5 for you to get +2skills

4. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

The formula is actually: (clvl/2) + (ilvl/2) = output ilvl. It makes a difference when you split out the divided by 2's. The output ilvl only has to equal 90. So if you pick up a lvl ** amulet and you have a lvl 92 character you have a chance of getting +2 skills. **/2 + 92/2 = 44 + 46 = 90.

I posted the wrong link earlier. I should have posted a link to this thread which outlines crafting +2 ammy quite nicely. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=335768

5. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

the way i do it has not failed me yet. i use my lvl 94 charact ans gamble ammys to craft with annd i get +2 skill often i also seek ammys droped by baal to craft using character lvl 82 or higher. so my info itsnt really false because it also works.

it been long time since i took math class but i belive (x/2)+(y/2) is same as (x+y)/2

6. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

:thumbsup:

yeah, when i craft i just use lvl 90+ character with magical ammys wih required lvl x>70.

7. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

You're right both equations are the same. This is because I neglected something important, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to mention that you must round down after doing the brackets. So the formula should look something more like int(clvl/2) + int(ilvl/2).