More crafting questions

Poisoned one

Diabloii.Net Member
More crafting questions

so far I've crafted 3 ammys, and each of them have come out at aorund level 60 req, and the skills they had on them were to warcrys, is this just some sick coinkadink? or is my level ** char gambling for the ammys originally doing something wrong? also...can you craft off a crafted ammy? or not?

Singollo

Diabloii.Net Member
i belive the character lvl and item lvl of the ammy used must be when added, = to or > 181, or (clvl+ilvl)/2>90.5 for you to get +2skills

BFD

Diabloii.Net Member
The formula is actually: (clvl/2) + (ilvl/2) = output ilvl. It makes a difference when you split out the divided by 2's. The output ilvl only has to equal 90. So if you pick up a lvl ** amulet and you have a lvl 92 character you have a chance of getting +2 skills. **/2 + 92/2 = 44 + 46 = 90.

I posted the wrong link earlier. I should have posted a link to this thread which outlines crafting +2 ammy quite nicely. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=335768

Singollo

Diabloii.Net Member
the way i do it has not failed me yet. i use my lvl 94 charact ans gamble ammys to craft with annd i get +2 skill often i also seek ammys droped by baal to craft using character lvl 82 or higher. so my info itsnt really false because it also works.

it been long time since i took math class but i belive (x/2)+(y/2) is same as (x+y)/2

IIDX

Diabloii.Net Member
Singollo said:
it been long time since i took math class but i belive (x/2)+(y/2) is same as (x+y)/2
:thumbsup:

yeah, when i craft i just use lvl 90+ character with magical ammys wih required lvl x>70.

BFD

Diabloii.Net Member
Singollo said:
You're right both equations are the same. This is because I neglected something important, thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to mention that you must round down after doing the brackets. So the formula should look something more like int(clvl/2) + int(ilvl/2).