Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

More Colossal Stupidity of B.net Kiddies

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Omikron8, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

More Colossal Stupidity of B.net Kiddies

I believe i have met the stupidest person on the face of battle.net tonight. I entered a game (uswest ladder) where a pair of people were playing their amazons. One of them complained about their lack of IAS so the other said "get yourself a 160/60 armor". I responded "they are massively duped because the jewels are incredibly rare", to which of course the "bright" person said "you f-in newb there is no such things as dupes on ladder, think of how many people play this game i bet 5000 or something have found legit 40/15 jewels". Ya right ! considering that legit 40/15 jewels are still rarer than a zod rune drop.

Then this intelligent individual proceeded to say that all the enigmas, botd's, etc. on battle.net are legit due to the "fact" that "blizzard made runes very common the first month or so then increased their rarity afterwards", to which i replied "you have no idea how rare a zod rune drop is do you?". I then stated that a month ago or so (whenever the massive rune dupe was) there were people practically giving away 40x zod runes because they became so horribly duped overnight and trading things like jah/ber/zod for items such as HoZ. At this point the kiddies were quite frustrated/angry and spouted off the regular "there are no f-in dupes on ladder newb/get a life/all botds and enigmas are legit/f-off" colorful vocabulary that one expects.

Just sharing my story of how you think you have seen all the stupidity that battle.net has to offer but yet it amazes you again. Care to share any stories yourself?

2. lazyassdre

lazyassdre IncGamers Member

Sounds like they just have bad information. At the very least, he gave a reason (albeit a wrong one) to why he thinks that all those runewords are legit.

3. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Another stupid b.net story is I'm trading my eth beserker axe for high runes. Sorc comes in game to tell me its not even worth ist. Sorc shows me 2 ist, um, and does the :). I already knew the value clearly for the axe. I spend about 3 Hrs+ trying to trade it and got offered Ber+cham which I pretty much needed so I took it :).

If that dumb sorc only knew of the ohm rune I had on my mule...

4. bigdogadm

bigdogadm IncGamers Member

Some people just refuse to acknowledge the truth. Tough to see how there are no dupes on Bnet when the Ber rune I legitimately traded for went poof the next day.

5. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

I don't know what the point of your story was, but I think it really only made you seem like a jerk :(

6. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

The sorc was trying to make me look like an idiot thinking an eth beserker axe was pratically cheap.

"wuw for it?"

Me: Ber+

"lol real funny"

Me: what do you think its worth?

"less than ist"

:rant:

7. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

I have a eth zerker with 6 sockets too. Was laughed at when i asked for jah and ber... :hanky: Still trying to get it for jah and ber for my enigma which i dearly wish for

8. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I got 2 offers of ber+cham so I took one offer.

I already had jah.

9. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

So a eth 6 sock zerker should get me jah and ber?

10. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

It can but you would have to spend a very long time trying to trade.

11. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

Just a reminder, the prices of eth berserker axes and CB's is inflated because of the rune dupings. If not for those, then there would be many fewer potential BotD's, and thus the demand for eth weapons would be more in line with the supply of them.

From a normal monster, 1 in 20 weapons are eth, and probably 50% of all weapons are plain white with no sockets, so what we're looking at is 1 in 40 of a weapon type from a normal monster being unsocketed eth. On the other hand, the same weapon has about a 0.7% chance of being unique, so about 1 in 130. Yet in spite of this, unique zerkers/CB's are generally worth considerably less than a plain eth ones.

So it's not really that unreasonable to think that an eth zerker is not worth that much. It's completely a product of distorted economic circumstances.

12. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

These nights I saw a game on Europe realm called:

N ZOD VEX FREE

is there anything more to add about this?

13. [G.Knightz]K.nG

[G.Knightz]K.nG IncGamers Member

:( in Asia the runes are still worth as much as ever... hope for a price drop so I can cube something more expensive than HoTo.

14. The Cow King

The Cow King Banned

I found this from google and just had to share

Dammit im still banging my head against the wall :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2007
  15. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

I'm beginning to thing that prolonged exposure to the internet can actually make you retarded.

16. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

This one time, on battle.net, someone said something stupid.

True story!

17. Nolecub

Nolecub IncGamers Member

Wow. Thread necro of almost 4 years! Anyone know the oldest?

18. Piece

Piece IncGamers Member

It doesnt help that those EBotDz and such dont actually poof. Whites and eths dont have item IDs so duped versions of them don't poof, and as we all know duped runes don't poof after they're in an item...obviously the best way to make $$ on D2 is to dupe/trade OR dupe HRs then trade them after you've put them in duped socketed items.

19. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

I beg to differ. They can and do. I've lost several runewords to poofage.:weep:

20. Piece

Piece IncGamers Member

=S maybe I'm wrong. I know they poof if they're duped AFTER they've been made (ie perfs that are duped). I just have friends that indulge and beg to differ.