Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

More Bowazon Questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ZRethor, May 9, 2008.

1. ZRethor

ZRethor IncGamers Member

More Bowazon Questions

Ok, building my first 'Zon. Mostly for PvP (just don't have the wealth to get all those gg charms :tongue: ...yet) and some PvM. Planning on following the information from Rylix's Bowazon Guide and FallenAngel's Bowazon Guide. But had a few questions be for I jumped into the stat/skill allocating.

Lvl 85
    Gear:
    M'avina's w/ 15IAS Jewel
    Cat's Eye
    Faith GMB 3Bow/2Skill/13Fanat
    DS Fortitude 30Resist
    Rare Chain Gloves 20IAS 11STR 8DEX 27CR 29LR
    Nosferatu's
    Gore Riders
    Raven 241/20
    Rare 4LL 4MLL 8FR 8CR 15LR
    Torch 20/18
    Anni 20/13

& For PvM an Act II Might w/ Eth Fort Andy/Gaze and Eth Pride

This setup gives 95 IAS which with lvl 13 Fanat gives 7 FPA (the max I believe).

STATS:
    STR - Need 33 (not counting the gloves because I am looking for some decent ones with KB, and LoH will be used for PvM) to use a GMB (108 total).

VIT - This is the big question, in Rylix's guide the Life value to shoot for is 700-1000 WITH charms using 75-100 VIT, but I wasn't clear if that meant to SPEND 75-100 or to have a TOTAL w/ gear of 75-100 for VIT. I plan on using CTA/Lidless on switch to boost my life and will be getting better charms when I can.
    Help here would be appreciated. (Examples of how many points you have in VIT and what charms you use would be great!)

DEX - Planning on dumping all remaining points that don't go into VIT here.

Skills:
    1 Magic Arrow
    10 Multiple Shot
    20 Guided Arrow
    1 Strafe
    1 Cold Arrow
    1 Inner Sight
    1 Slow Missles
    1 Decoy
    1 Valkyrie
    13 Dodge
    13 Avoid
    13 Evade
    13 Critical Strike
    1 Penetrate
    1 Pierce
    & 5 Unused

This follows roughly what was in both of the above guides, but I wondered if any other experts out there who feel this needs to be altered. Also, where is the best place to spend the excess skill points? I was thinking Valkyrie (to beef her up a bit) and thought of skipping the elemental arrows since IM isn't an issue and I can just slap on an Atma's if I run into any PI's while doing PvM.

Thanks.

Zack

2. ZRethor

ZRethor IncGamers Member

Re: More Bowazon Questions

No one has any advice or comments?

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Please don't doulbe post. People will comment. These types of questions take a little more time because you're really looking for pretty specific PvP help. If you don't get satisfaction here in a few days then either try the PvP forum or post directly in Rylix's guide.

4. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

Since you're using a faith GMB your build is pretty is limited in terms of getting your resists/dr up.

Still, you can choose your DPS/tanking ratio with charms and stats.

If you want to go glass cannon you should be fine as long as you have at least 1k hp.

You can raise your vit as high as you see fit, just remember that without dr/resists, having HP isn't very useful.

Also, I'd switch out the goreriders for war travs as they give more damage and useful mods as well as switching out that rare ring for another raven in PVP.

5. ZRethor

ZRethor IncGamers Member

@Dacar92: My apologies. But I figured bumping my own thread after 3 days would be better than adding another copy of this post here or somewhere else.

@SlainByPain:
    I do have the option of switching out to a Faith Mat, which would free up some gear slots (specifically ammy - Cats to Mara and belt - Nos to dungos).

My charms a pretty decent as far as MAX damage/AR, but not many have decent life, so I probably need some work here.

Alright, this is one of my big questions. When you say 1K hp do you mean 1K before/without BO or after BO? Right now my vitality is 60 with my gear on and ~550 life w/out BO and ~800 with BO.

Will have to give war travs a try, I saw them mentioned in the guides, but the consensus was that gores provided more useful mods.

The ring I am currently using is kind of filler until I can get something better. A second Raven in PvP? Is this mostly for the 20 extra DEX and the AR or is there some other reason I am overlooking?

Thanks for the response.

6. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

You could switch to a faith mat, but you probably won't do enough damage with it. I'd go with faith shadow/ward/diamond bow if you really want to have some flexibility.

For life, it depends on if you want to prebuff or not. If you plan on using BO all the time then 1k with bo should be enough as a bare minimum.

The raven suggestion was just because it would be better than your current ring. A rare ring with 20+ stats and +dmg ,res, or life would probably be better. One benefit of using dual ravens is to help against hurricane (it's a problem when you die to hurricane alone).

Gores: Crushing blow/deadly strike aren't very useful compared to the damage and stats travs give in PVP. OW is marginally useful but still doesn't justify using gores over travs.