Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Moping Monday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, May 30, 2016.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

RL: I have two niggles from my race last weekend which haven't cleared up, so I'm off running for 8 days and I have to miss my race on Saturday. Pretty peed off. Especially seeing as I can't afford/get time off work to go to the European Championships (the one I qualified for last week) because it is so short notice, so I was already pretty down. So, going for a Chinese buffet with a friend for lunch haha

D2: Not had much time to play, but hopefully today. Partly because of...

OVG: ..I reinstalled Heroes of Might and Magic V as I didn't get too far into it when I actually bought it. Loving it! I also have the entire Command and Conquer series due in the post today as I am seriously nostalgic...

2. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

RL: Today I'm going to get my aquarium ready for a little guest, I'm getting within the next week. The aquarium is freshly fitted with 2 x 10% UVG tubes, a hot light upon a huge rock and some plastic plants (the coming inhabitant needs a very low humidity and will also eat real plants) plus ofc. hygrometer/thermometer to adjust the conditions to exact requirements. The new guest is a bearded dragon, and I'm open to suggestions about what name to give him/her. Currently I'm leaning towards Smaug or possibly something like Silumgar/Ojutai/Dromoka/kolaghan (magic card game dragonlords).

D2: Really not playing much atm.

OVG: None! But will be playing some Momir Vig tonight with a friend on MtG online.

3. Malevolent

Malevolent IncGamers Member

RL: I have end of semester exams starting next week, of which i am fairly unprepared for! Also

D2: Currently in act 4 normal leveling a fishymancer. Due to the swift death of my first character since returning i wanted to play something safe.
    I will also start on act 2 with my gambling barbarian, although i am doing full clears with him so progress is slow.

OVG: I occasionally log into Hearthstone to do my dailies, certainly no legend push this season (I have never hit legend but i have reached rank 1, 3+ stars in 3 separate seasons, i always seem to fail miserably past that point)

If there are any other HS players i'd be keen for some friendly games sometime! I only have a real collection on NA though.

4. Kitteh

Do you mean a vivarium Thomas?

I named my crested gecko Tyrael :D If I got a bearded dragon, it would probably be Alduin :/

5. ThomasJohnsen

I just looked up Alduin; havne't played Elder Scrolls. That's one sweet dragon right there - name under consideration :)

And I don't know what a vivarium is. I just have an old aquarium, that used to house various fish, but now is too old to be filled with water (at least I'm afraid to since 400 liters of water on the floor at once is quite a bit). I simply replaced the lights with 10% UVB lighttubes (which is supposed to simulate lighting in deserts), stuck in some decoration and is planning to use it as what we here call a terrarium. It's a tad on the large size for a juvenile beardie, but I couldn't afford to buy a smaller one for his/her youth. The lighttubes alone cost 300 kr. (~$50) for one, and atm. I'm around $300 out of pocket before even acquiring the animal or food of any kind. He/she is currently 6 weeks old and priced at $50, and I'm so looking forward to getting him/her installed (the clutch has I think 14 babies, so I'll have my pick).
    We should definately have a "Post a picture of your pet here" thread :D. I'd love to see Tyrael :)

6. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

My beardies were named Bahamut and Leviathan. My terrarium measured 5' x 3' x 3'

ThomasJohnsen and Kitteh like this.
  7. Kitteh

Actually Thomas, I am talking crap. Yours is an aquarium being used as a makeshift 'terrarium', both of which are vivariums ;)

8. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

RL: Quite a good day it was, except a too much work at my work place. And a BFG (You should know what this one means if You played Doom :> ) parcel. Too big for me to handle. Havent finished it all till 4 PM. Also later it was the best - big KFC dinner ("oriental menu" in Poland - boneless chicken "Bites" + Teriyaki sauce + rice + green peas + corn and I ahve also ordered a shake. Crazy me.) Also, I have bought a CD - Kraftwerk's Minimum Maximum 2xDVD set. Been at uni's library and borrowed a lot of books for my PhD dissertation. I wish I was unemployed - would have much more time for this ! ;)

Included a pic for everyone's enjoyment. BTW, under this chicken bits there's rice.

D2: Just got back to home ! I will push a bit my Elektra Light/CL/FO sorc at /p8. :)

Attached Files:

9. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

RL: terribly busy weekend, but lots of fun: wedding party on Friday, helping out with the preparations for our kid's school festivities on Saturday, after which we had a birthday party. Watching champions league soccer final in the evening. Helping out on the school's festivities on Sunday from 7 am until 8 pm. My last long run (34K) in preparation for my upcoming ultra run on Monday. In the rain, all the time. And lot's of wind, and even some thunder and lightining. I loved it :).

D2: nothing during the weekend, and not much before that. My weekly group game yesterday evening and an hour of CS (with a few LK runs in the mix) after that. Going from 95 to 96 is so slow compared to going from 94 to 95 ...

OVG: still nothing.

10. BRKO

BRKO IncGamers Member

RL: busy negotiating my son's summer holiday with my parents and in-laws.

D2: keep trying to roll a better LK map + considering starting a druid summoner

OVG: 0

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

11. ThomasJohnsen

So today I got my beardie. He/she is very curious; happy to be handled and enjoys the cage. He/she is a bit picky though. Decided to eat a single dubia nymph and then leave the rest (obviously didn't like the taste much). Couldn't be bothered to do more then just lick on some small cubes of apple and pear. I guess I'll try a little dandelion and see if that is more interesting.
    I've settled on the name Anduin - it's much easier to say than Smaug and the other names. And I'm more or less settled on calling it a her; only a female would be that particular about food :)

I will take some pictures and post one, so you can see how beautiful she is. My little Anduin.

12. Kitteh

Nice! :)

Where is the name Anduin from?

13. ThomasJohnsen

Anduin sounds like a female Alduin, dosen't it? But actually it was just me misremembering your suggestion :)

The name Anduin has grown on me though. Maybe that's the name after all.

#EDIT: After a little wiki'ing: It's actually the river running through middle earth. It's about 8-9 years ago since I read LotR in english, but maybe the name has stuck in my head and caused me to misread Alduin as Anduin.

14. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

The best way to attract a dragon to your terrarium is to put some gold in it.

15. Kitteh

I think that Alduin or Anduin is nice :)

16. ThomasJohnsen

DSCN2014.JPG

Isn't she just adorable?
    She has just had a short bath, which she really seemed to enjoy, followed by 2 dubia nymphs and a little piece of pear.
    Now shes getting ready for bed - after all "The dragon that sleeps in the morning has not her tongue feathered.".

17. Kitteh

Awwwwww, she is pretty adorable :p

My little one is a moody *****. Love her though.

18. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

RL: Taken a bigger break from it. I have taken a day off at work to study for exam but I havent even started... I have finished one of my articles, from boredom. :) Got my paycheck today! About 275 €, nothing big really but at least I'm paid, not just working for "experience"... Now I should move on to exam and my PhD dissertation. Got a nice "start signal" - any Switzerlanders here? There will be a voting on minimum guaranteed income and that's a topic of my dissertation. Any help and materials and so on are welcome. :)

D2: Pretty nice. 1 unique found today. Level 24 now, I'm in the middle of act 2. Still playing at p8. My merc is very strong. I could just watch him killing everything but I'm not like that. ;) Maggot Lair - one of the worst part of the game. Also, my char drinks a lot. OFC mana pots. :D

OVG: Hmm maybe I will buy D3. And help my country's economy as it will benefit from VAT paid from the game :D Still, after D2, I might play the demo of D3.

19. Kitteh

Play the demo first, definitely.

20. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Of course, I could buy the game right away as money is not a problem for me. I was hesitating mostly because I havent tried D3 and I lost my gaming interest, at least for a while.