Monster explosion on death damage

Monster explosion on death damage

Hi all,

I've play Hardcore and test my build in single player. Recently I have a barb that after BO has 4700 life. Still when I killed a unique boss, the explosion after they die often kill me. This is in /players 1 too. Is there a single player bug regarding this insane after life damage? If it is not a bug, there is no chance any barb survive in hell hardcore then? wtf is blizzard thiking making explosin damage exceed an above average life ( for me 2000 life should survive all of these damage).

Is there something I don't know?

Thanks.

ayoko

Diabloii.Net Member
Even with a shaftstop & 80% fire res, if you whirl through a fire enchanted boss while cursed it does a lot of damage. It is FUBAR.

Cloud Strife

Diabloii.Net Member
it could be that the explosion dmg always does a percentage of dmg relative to your life (like a fire shrine) and then if u were cursed at all (typically u are cursed when fighting monsters like that) it enhanced the dmg it did.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
nah i kinda know what Titan is talking about..that happened to me vs the guy in tristam...I wasnt amped either, but once I killed him..boom..I was dead.
Happened more than once also...tho this was when 1.10 was released..hasnt happened in quite a while now.

There was't amped or cursed of any kind, just one big explosion that drain 4700+ life in one hit. This happen to me often so I paid very close attention to my life buld before a unique boss die, so I'm pretty sure it was just a lot of physical and elemental damage. Even when I have damage reduce through shaftop and cold absorb from raven frost, fire, cold or ice explosion still kill me in an instant. Anyone else notice this?

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
is the build in single player? if it is, maybe you should just try connecting to battle.net and run a game. maybe something will change.