Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monster damage increase after level 85?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Jonac, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Jonac

Jonac IncGamers Member

Monster damage increase after level 85?

Now i have run up two characters up to level 85 and the last few levels have been by solo play, both running well known (to them) areas.

On both chars i noticed a sudden increase in monster damage or attack rating after I hit level 85, I started getting hit more often and my merc started dying a lot more (or at least taking more damage).

The damage increase appeared in the next created game after hitting level 85.

So my question is am i just extremely lucky/unlucky or is this some documented effect? And if it is a known effect would any kind soul explain what is happening as I'm finding this a bit annoying.

p.s. my merc was the same level as my main char

2. Ivo

Ivo IncGamers Member

Re: Monster damage increase after level 85?

Were you aiming for max block? With a higher lvl you also need more dex to get max block. Yeah it's a bit illogical to me also. You might think that when you have max block at let's say lvl 40 you would also have it at lvl 85 with the same shield and amount of dexterity but that's not the case in this game. Apparently your character gets worse at blocking when lvling up. Makes no sense at all..

3. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Re: Monster damage increase after level 85?

What you cando is look at the other character forums and you should find plenty of pvm builds. Or you can choose a character forum, make a post, and talk about what you would enjoy to play so other posters can give you good advice.