Monitor Resolution

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Monitor Resolution

I woke up today and found my resolution to be 800x600 with 16 bit colors. Unless fairies changed it while I was sleeping, I am suspecting its window's fault. Hey I need a scrape goat. When I go change it back to 1280x1084. It keeps resetting the color to 16 bits. Anyone know how to get around this? Funny thing also is that I am able to chose 1600x1400 resolution. I monitor is only 15 inches, I never seen 1600x1400 option available to me before.

cleanupguy

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking the driver for your video card is either corrupted or deleted. Have you checked to see if your video card driver is intact?

My recommendation would be updating your video card driver.

Corneo said:
I woke up today and found my resolution to be 800x600 with 16 bit colors. Unless fairies changed it while I was sleeping, I am suspecting its window's fault. Hey I need a scrape goat. When I go change it back to 1280x1084. It keeps resetting the color to 16 bits. Anyone know how to get around this? Funny thing also is that I am able to chose 1600x1400 resolution. I monitor is only 15 inches, I never seen 1600x1400 option available to me before.

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Cool thanks. I checked device manager and saw that my drivers for my video card weren't installed. I don't know how that happened. Again its either fairies or window's fault.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, video card drivers are a common source of problems. In this particular case, Windows may very well be innocent.