MongoJerry's 1.10 Enchantress Guide

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
dasbomba said:
I have readed lots of enchantress builds and guides, and wondering is it possible to aim dual elemental build, like FM max, and LM max.

because you can easily find 1-400 lightning dmg weapons, with decent other mods,

mine sorc is now lvl 18,

struggling about the loss of strenght, but I have adjusted the vitality and dexterity for my primary goals,

I have now over 400 life
60% all res
90% overall hit on act 1-3 normal
blocking is awfull and FHR is 34%,
my overall dmg, including 1 level enchant, is only ~130-240
I have angelic amu 2xrings
no uniques or other sets,

traded those for my other char, but I am building barbarian, so I need the stuff to him.

I get all the resists from shield/belt/armour/boots with all have life mod on.

I am trying to build solid enchantress, without using the "common uniques", and "common runewords" so I want to make oddball =D
Try the Sorc forum; this thread is over 11 months old.

dwoolgar

Diabloii.Net Member
what about Brand runeword?

Brand has crazy good things for an enchantress I think. It has explosive bolts, 100% cast bonespear!!! (fun to watch), and high damage. No ias though. ITD and PMH are on it too.
A little bit pricey, however.

Jormasteri

Diabloii.Net Member
It would be interesting to try out, HC or SC. Propably have to do it in LAN though, as it requires a good solid group of players that work together (on bnet). An ideal support char for fishy, or actually anything that uses physical attacks.

saurokmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
REally nice guide!
I'd love to see it updated for 1.11 .
Anyone playing enchantresses these days?
I started enchatress melee build couble days ago, currently running ball at normal. (euro NL)

would lightning or chain lightning work as FI killer?
or something what wont require too much skill points after I max FM, warmt and enchant? (spelling?)

ale beer two

Diabloii.Net Member
REally nice guide!
I'd love to see it updated for 1.11 .
Anyone playing enchantresses these days?
wow this guide was wrtten 3 years ago.

Yeah, i too have just lvled up my enchantress, just got to 70 so i can use an anni. Waste of time for me. My bowa could already kill quickly and my enchanter just cant cut it in hell. Its handy to enchant minions and stuff but doesn't help much.

saurokmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
it's hard to kill anything what is immune to fire at hell... just normal fallen needs 10 hits for zeal. I try to gather enought wealth to trade dual dreams... before that I can just run nightmare whit my melee sorc.

anyway its very fun to play!
everyone should try this build

Clervis

Diabloii.Net Member
I've got a question:

"5. Sorceress elemental masteries affect the corresponding elemental damage delivered by equipment. So a sorceress with a level 20 Lightning Mastery, which gives a 278% bonus to lightning damage, who has a charm that does 1-20 lightning damage will actually do 4-76 lightning damage. Items that add fire damage to attacks will have their damage boosted by Fire Mastery and items that cause cold damage will receive the benefit of Cold Mastery's lower target's cold resist ability."

Will this damage boost be added to ranged attacks? I've been wondering if fire charms will help a Demon Machine Enchantress and I know that Fire Mastery only counts on casting Enchant for ranged attacks so I thought I'd make sure that it Fire Mastery will also boost the damage from charms.

Unholy_VI

Diabloii.Net Member
Perfect Enchant pre-buff gear

I thought it should be added to this thread in case anyone came here looking for it.

FS= Fire Skills

Head: +3 FS circ
Weapon/Shield: +3 Enchant,+3 FS Orb/ Spirit Shield
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Ammy: +3FS
Body: +3 Enchant Oramus
Rings: 2xSoJ
Boots: NA (nothing gives + skills)

Charms: 9xGrand FS, Anni, Torch

Total plusses: Enchant +34/ Fires Mastery +28

enlightenment armor gives one less to enchant but 2 more to fire mastery and is going to be easier to get/cheaper than the oramus I would imagine.

Good luck finding or trading for a +3 ench, +3 FS orb too. but the rest of the gear... most people should be able to get or trade for most of that. also for a spirit shield the str requirements are going to be steep. maybe just settle for that +3 ench leaf after all. cheap and only lose 2 each to Ench and FM over the 'perfect' gear.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Perfect Enchant pre-buff gear

I thought it should be added to this thread in case anyone came here looking for it.

As long as we are in dream-land, why not ask for a +3 Enchant +3 Fire Mastery/ +3 Fire Skills orb?

(I think the point is that +3 Enchant Leaf staff is quite a great tool already...)

Skill shrine and Call to Arms (or real barb Battle Command) gives another +3.

AOxAltFfour

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Perfect Enchant pre-buff gear

FS= Fire Skills

Head: +3 FS circ
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: Arachnid Mesh
Ammy: +3FS
Body: +3 Enchant Oramus
Rings: 2xSoJ
Boots: NA (nothing gives + skills)

Charms: 9xGrand FS, Anni, Torch

Total plusses: Enchant +34/ Fires Mastery +28

enlightenment armor gives one less to enchant but 2 more to fire mastery and is going to be easier to get/cheaper than the oramus I would imagine.

Good luck finding or trading for a +3 ench, +3 FS orb too. but the rest of the gear... most people should be able to get or trade for most of that. also for a spirit shield the str requirements are going to be steep. maybe just settle for that +3 ench leaf after all. cheap and only lose 2 each to Ench and FM over the 'perfect' gear.
no, no, no, perfect pre-buff gear is
Code:
Head:     2xFF +3 FS / +3 LS/  +3 CS circlet (one at a time obviously)
Amulet:   +3 FS / +3 LS/ +3 CS amulet
Weapon:   2xFF +3 FS +3 FM +3 Enchant orb / +3 CS + 3 SA orb / +6 ES memory staff
Shield:   Spirit runeword 
Body:     Enlightenment runeword (because of space constaints)
Belt:     Arachnid Mesh
Gloves:   Magefist
Rings:    2xSoJ/BK
Charms:   9xFS GCs, anni, torch

FS = Fire Skills
FM = Fire Mastery
FF = Fire Facet
LS = Lightning Skills
CS = Cold Skills
SA = Shiver Armor
ES = Energy Shield
All of the above, excluding charms, can be fit into stash with one space and the cube empty. The total plus skills would be:
+11 All/Sorc Skills, +19 FS, +3 FM, +3 Enchant = +33 enchant, +33 Fire Mastery with 4 FireFacets
+12 All/Sorc Skills +6 LS, +6 ES = +24 Energy Shield
+11 All/Sorc Skills +9 CS +3 = +23 Shiver Armor

Now that is Perfect pre-buff

MaStAViC

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: MongoJerry's 1.10 Enchantress Guide

Is there an update to this guide or is there a guide similar to this? I'm planning to make a melee or ranged untwinked Enchant Sorceress.

Thanks,
Vic

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member

weird this is in the bugs forum...

Is there an update to this guide or is there a guide similar to this? I'm planning to make a melee or ranged untwinked Enchant Sorceress.

Thanks,
Vic
what needs to be updated? there's no significant changes to enchantress since 1.10. you got respecs and enlightenment, that's about it.

jonaskoelker

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for an awesome guide! :)I'd like to contribute my 2 cents:For a melee sorceress, either while leveling or as poor man's gear: Death's setIt gives you Cannot be Frozen, +40 resist all, +50 extra resist poison (so +90 total), 30% Increased Attack Speed, a bit of cold damage to slow your foes down and 12% life leech (though off a not very impressive base damage). That doesn't seem all that bad to me.I'm new to cubing sets/uniques to elite variants with runes; would that add more rows to the (sadly small) belt, and add a respectable base damage to the sword? What would that do to the stat requirements? It'll probably never beat Hexfire, but do you think this would be viable?

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

You can't upgrade set items, but you can socket them

heroesmm

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey buddies, this is a great thread, thanks!
One thing I feel a bit amusing is that many people discussed on the best unique weapon for a melee enchanter (lightsabre, azurewrath, hexfire, djinn slayer, etc.). However, shouldn't the passion rune word beat all the other choices by a large margin? Because with most weapons you can only do normal attack (the limit speeed being 10 frames), but with passion you can do the super fast zeal (the limit speeed being 8, 4, 4, 4, 4 frames, right?). Well, maybe you don't have many IAS, and I don't know whether the zeal speed of sor is the same as that of pal, let's say that your zeal is as slow as 6 frames, -- that is still much faster than lightsabre or azurewrath. And the passion rune word costs only a Lem (20#), incredibly cheap. So what's the point to pick any other weapon? BTW: Does anyone knows the zeal speed of sor?
I still have a question on enchanting another sor. Suppose sor A casts enchant to sor B, sor A's enchant shows 2000 fire damage in her skill tree (i.e., base enchant effect times the multipliers of warmth and fire mastery), and sor B's fire mastery adds 200% to fire damage. Then, what would the lying character screen of sor B show for her melee and ranged damage? I guess it would be 6000 fire damage (I know that this is what happens when sor A casts enchant to herself, if sor A's fire mastery adds 200% to fire damage). But, what are the real damages sor B do in her melee and ranged attacks? From the thread I get three possible answers: 2000 (if sor B's fire mastery doesn't work for ranged attack)? 6000 (if sor B's fire mastery works once for ranged or melee attack)? 18000 (if sor B's fire mastery works twice for melee attack)? This is really confusing, and I don't see a definite answer in the thread. Does anyone know the answer?
Thanks!