MongoJerry's 1.10 Enchantress Guide

A_S_G

Diabloii.Net Member
Metroid_01 said:
firstly im pretty sure you cannot purchase an enchant staff in a2 normal. ive tried this one to absolutely no avail so id just like to question you on that.
Must be why I bought one for non-ladder, and one for the old ladder, and I payed someone to shop for one on the new ladder. :scratch: :lol:

+2 or +3 Enchant 'leaf' staff is great. :thumbsup:

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
A_S_G said:
Must be why I bought one for non-ladder, and one for the old ladder, and I payed someone to shop for one on the new ladder. :scratch: :lol:

+2 or +3 Enchant 'leaf' staff is great. :thumbsup:
Yes, pity they are probably an hour + of shopping.

AlexanderGreatII

Diabloii.Net Member
Very nice, but about your skill shrine point...It is probably still good to hit them, I mean a temporary attack boost from enchant is better than none at all.

Metroid_01

Diabloii.Net Member
lextalionis said:
I'd think a shael, with an Enchantress you want to attack as quickly as possible.

I have gotten my +3 Enchant Staff with two sockets in Act2. Yes it can take forever, but that is where I got mine so it can be done.
gah i just got a error trying to post this thing.... :(
anyway i guess im just too impatient to find one. though id prefer a nice 4 soc staff for memory, because if i remember it right memory has some to energy shield AND 3 skills...correct?

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Metroid_01 said:
gah i just got a error trying to post this thing.... :(
anyway i guess im just too impatient to find one. though id prefer a nice 4 soc staff for memory, because if i remember it right memory has some to energy shield AND 3 skills...correct?
Well yes, LEAF will make both FM and Enchant stronger which is very important. LEAF is also very cheap, which makes it a great way to get a good weapon on a n early ladder season. If you are really "Ladder Rushing" you can bribe someone to track one down for you while you level, since it wouldn't be hard to have a leaf staff in the first hour of a ladder. Thus, Leaf is as good as Memory for casting the highest possible level of enchant, so long as its put into a +3 Enchant Staff.

Now the chances of finding a +3 Enchant, +3 EShield Staff with 4 sockets is pretty out there. I'm sure it could happen...but most people look for +3 ES on Memory Staves trying to get the most possible out of ES as well. Leaf is good because its like having +6 Enchant. Memory is good because it can be like having +9 to Energy Shield. ES is a very touchy subject in 1.10, unlike in 1.09 whene everyone used it, now you need to dedicate a lot more points to make it viable. So people like to get a lot more pretection for their points.

-- Also remember that both ES and Enchant are pre-buffable and last for a very long time, meanign that unless you die, you don't have to cast them, but every twenty-thirty minutes or so. So neither staff may be your actual fighting setup and they can affectionately spend 99% of their time sitting in your stash.--Thus another small benefit is that a LEAF staff, only takes up three spaces in your inventory, whereas the Memory Staff may take up eight.

Metroid_01

Diabloii.Net Member
lextalionis said:
Now the chances of finding a +3 Enchant, +3 EShield Staff with 4 sockets is pretty out there. I'm sure it could happen...but most people look for +3 ES on Memory Staves trying to get the most possible out of ES as well. Leaf is good because its like having +6 Enchant. Memory is good because it can be like having +9 to Energy Shield. ES is a very touchy subject in 1.10, unlike in 1.09 whene everyone used it, now you need to dedicate a lot more points to make it viable. So people like to get a lot more pretection for their points.
You misunderstand what i meant. i just like the ES bonus because its there.....and its allways there. i still want a standard 3 enchant 3 fire mast staff...just the 3 to energy shield and 3 to all rather than just fire is appealing to me most.

jimmah

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, this guide made me wanna make an enchantress.. Maybe not now (want to finish my other builds) but I'm leaning towards a sorc using deamonmachine as my weapon. I'll see if I can find the necesary eq.

mrp935

Diabloii.Net Member
Runewords

Would a "Doom" weapon + Cold Mastery be useful in melee vs. immunes?

Likewise, would a "Hand of Justice" weapon, specifically a bow/xbow, be as useful as a unique bow/xbow with "Fires Explosive" and/or pierce?

UserMathias

Diabloii.Net Member
mrp935 said:

Likewise, would a "Hand of Justice" weapon, specifically a bow/xbow, be as useful as a unique bow/xbow with "Fires Explosive" and/or pierce?
Level 12 holy freeze damage: 85-90
Level 16 holy fire damage: 75-87

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
mrp935 said:

You can't get Pierce or Fires Explosive on any weapon that is Hand of Justice.

PsychoticEwok1

Diabloii.Net Member
nice guide... one of the nicest ive seen in a while. but i was wondering, what would you use PERSONALLY for uber gear?

im leaning towards a:
demon machine for ranged (duh)

lightsabre/azurewrath/nords tenderizer for a weapon (they all seem good an fast, and i like cold damage... 1 point in cold mastery makes it alot more effective.) (with a beast on switch and a CTA in stash)

draculs gloves (lifetap is awesome)

CoH armor

gore riders

guillaumes face

maras/raven/bul kathos

the gores and guillaumes would make for nice defense bonus, plus some AWESOME crushing blow... (sigh.... i only have one pair of gores and so many characters need them...)

i was thinking for skills

20warmth/firemastery/enchant
1 static
7 energy sheild
20 telekenesis
10+ in shiver armor (double defense at level 10)
1-5 cold mastery

as an alternative one could max frozen orb, even without its synergy it is STILL able to kill in act 5 hell... and it freezes everything in the room.

im torn between FO and ES...

i mean that gear up above is WAY more than i can afford, right now my prized posession is a shako, arkaines valor (which i traded my other shako for) and a pair of gore riders. just wondering if that stuff would be good.

a little help here...

Satyrday

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally, an excuse to stop lurking...

PsychoticEwok1 said:
nice guide... one of the nicest ive seen in a while. but i was wondering, what would you use PERSONALLY for uber gear?

im leaning towards a:
demon machine for ranged (duh)

lightsabre/azurewrath/nords tenderizer for a weapon (they all seem good an fast, and i like cold damage... 1 point in cold mastery makes it alot more effective.) (with a beast on switch and a CTA in stash)

draculs gloves (lifetap is awesome)

CoH armor

gore riders

guillaumes face

maras/raven/bul kathos

the gores and guillaumes would make for nice defense bonus, plus some AWESOME crushing blow... (sigh.... i only have one pair of gores and so many characters need them...)

i was thinking for skills

20warmth/firemastery/enchant
1 static
7 energy sheild
20 telekenesis
10+ in shiver armor (double defense at level 10)
1-5 cold mastery

as an alternative one could max frozen orb, even without its synergy it is STILL able to kill in act 5 hell... and it freezes everything in the room.

im torn between FO and ES...

i mean that gear up above is WAY more than i can afford, right now my prized posession is a shako, arkaines valor (which i traded my other shako for) and a pair of gore riders. just wondering if that stuff would be good.

a little help here...

I've personally gone with hexfire as a main, and lightsabre on switch, with points into Light. Mastery. I trust the added damage more than the CM's lowering of resistances.

Maybe I've been lucky, but in spite of MongoJerry's warning about needing a ranged weapon 'just in case', I've never needed one. There've been close calls, mind you, but that's what makes the game fun...

Skills....as written in the guide, I'd stay away from Energy Shield. This is about the lowest-mana-using Sorc build there is, and with ES and your mana dropping to nada, you're still screwed (meaning no Teleport). This build, at least for me, was all about 'hit and run'....er, 'hit and 'port'....

Also, I found points in any of the cold armor skills aren't really necessary beyond one point in Frozen Armor (to help you get going). I traded for a nice Archangel's orb (+2 Sorc skills) that had +1 Chilling Armor. With the extra +skill items I've got, I cast Chill Armor at lvl 8, and can carry it around since it only takes up two spaces of inventory. I prefer Chill vs Shiver because it seems to help a bit more with the little annoying ranged monsters (like flayers and gremlins).

All of this is just my playing style, mind you. YMMV.

S

...(yeah! Back to lurking!)...

PsychoticEwok1

Diabloii.Net Member
i think you misread me wrong... im not using a demon machine AND an azurewrath (no hybrids for me!)... its just that i figured the gear wouldnt change that much for me with a melee versus bow setup.

but now i think about it, id rather go ranged for my first enchantress... so

20-warmth/enchant/firemastery
1 static
10 shiver armor (hey, we have extra points and no block, so im going for defense here. plus we have less resists cuz we have no sheild)
20 frozen orb
[7-17 in cold mastery
rest in synergy for frozen orb]
OR
[20tstorm and rest in light mastery - this would work well if using lightsabre]

edit:
but that gets me thinking... if i were to have less resists, wouldnt energy sheild be better? i wont be teleporting as much anyway because im ranged... or should i go for max resists and play like a ranger (carefully, dodging shots)

meh its a very tweakable build with alot of options and variants. tough decisions :scratch:

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
PsychoticEwok1 said:
but that gets me thinking... if i were to have less resists, wouldnt energy sheild be better? i wont be teleporting as much anyway because im ranged... or should i go for max resists and play like a ranger (carefully, dodging shots)
:
I would have to agree with you that ES might be helpful for a Ranger, but I don't know that you would need a huge investment in either it or telekinesis. One point in each, might make you a little tougher.

PsychoticEwok1

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, i suppose 1 point would be good. i will be moving slowly, clearing out places meticuluouaslaey... meticuluously (still dont know if i got the spelling...) so if i am in danger, i wont REALLY need to teleport, i can use the "run backwards" tactic, also known as "strategic retreat"

i have thrown out all the demon machines ive found... my friend has one hes not using, but he is completely convinced that it is worth something on the trading scene...

back to MF

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
20 Enchant
20 Warmth
20 Fire Mastery
20 Frozen Orb
1 Static Field, Teleport, Shiver Armor, Cold Mastery

Guillames/Shako?
Duress Armor
Passion Phase Blade
Sanctuary KoKoMal
Draculs
String of Ears
Gores
2x Ravens?
Highlords?

Prebuffing: Memory Staff with 3 to Enchant, 3 to fire amu, 3 to fire circlet.

Sounds good?
Only have question about stats distribution. Str enough for gear. What about dex? Rest into vitality.

g_funk

Diabloii.Net Member
i wanna use a bow (more specifically widowmaker ward bow) for my enchant sorc, but i dunno the ias breakpoints. anyone got a table that shows the bow ias breakpoints for a sorc?

thx

dasbomba

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm...

I have readed lots of enchantress builds and guides, and wondering is it possible to aim dual elemental build, like FM max, and LM max.

because you can easily find 1-400 lightning dmg weapons, with decent other mods,

mine sorc is now lvl 18,

struggling about the loss of strenght, but I have adjusted the vitality and dexterity for my primary goals,

I have now over 400 life
60% all res
90% overall hit on act 1-3 normal
blocking is awfull and FHR is 34%,
my overall dmg, including 1 level enchant, is only ~130-240
I have angelic amu 2xrings
no uniques or other sets,

traded those for my other char, but I am building barbarian, so I need the stuff to him.

I get all the resists from shield/belt/armour/boots with all have life mod on.

I am trying to build solid enchantress, without using the "common uniques", and "common runewords" so I want to make oddball =D