Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Money man

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Wurmer, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Hi folks,

There goes one of my ''just wondering question'' again.

Any of you running a gold gathering character ?

As for me, I have been running one for quite a while but I don't play it to often. A long while back, I was lucky and got my hands on a Boon of the hoarder Lgem. I used my WD for a long while, It was pretty efficient, especially with its huge pickup radius. I got bored with my WD and then used one of my monk. He had a gold setup, I ran that for a while but I found that gold gathering gear was too much of impediment to my character. Now days, I still use my monk but he uses his regular gear with one of his jewel socketed with Boon of the hoarder. It's true that gold doesn't have the same usefulness as it used to but having plenty of gold is nice for upgrading gems and gear.

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Before Boon of the Hoarder I was also broke in RoS (on EU, at least. On US I had over a billion imported from D3.) Once Boon came in, I never really geared for GF, but just using the BoH every now and then was enough to keep up with my gold needs. I'd just do Ruins of Corvus and a couple of the other levels with high concentrations of small trash mobs and pick up 10-20m in a couple of games, which was more than enough for my expenses.

I've not done it lately since I've been doing only PTR. Early in Season 2 I was broke and couldn't even afford to train up my artisans, and was hoping for a Golden Portal... until I remembered that Realm of Trial rewards were bugged and gave out the same gold and exp rewards. That bug has since been fixed, but my PTR account has been sitting with over 68 billion gold since then. I've got a Boon gem on PTR, but never bothered to level it up or equip it, for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

I actually wish I had less, so I could judge if I'm spending more gold than I pick up, doing nothing but T6 and 40+ GRs, since that's way higher level than my HC chars do on live... but I haven't been proactive enough to write down my gold amount and then pay attention to it over the course of several games.

3. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

That's exactly what I do, with a Custerian Wristguards for some extra xp :)